October 21, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This zesty homemade jalapeño popper dip will become a favorite party appetizer. Loaded with cheese, sour cream, diced jalapeños, bacon, and a crispy panko topping, it’s an irresistible, spicy appetizer.
Jalapeño Popper Dip Ingredients
Bursting with flavor and packing a pleasant heat, this dip is the perfect balance between creamy, salty, and spicy.
Each bite delivers a blast of creamy cheese, crispy bacon, and fiery jalapeno. The taste is addictive, and you’ll find yourself coming back for more.
For The Dip:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 4-5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup (4 ounces) of jarred jalapeños, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) of shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of green onion
For The Topping:
- ½ cup of plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
Substitutions And Additions
BACON: You can add a little more to this creamy dip if you really love bacon or omit it if you don’t.
SPICES: A teaspoon of garlic powder is awesome in this incredible dip as well.
YOGURT: You can substitute the sour cream for Greek yogurt if you’d like to.
CHEESE: You could also use Monterey Jack cheese in this recipe. Pepper Jack or a Mexican blend cheese would also offer a nice extra bit of heat if you’d like.
JALAPEÑOS: I prefer canned jalapeños for this great recipe, but you can also roast fresh jalapeños to use if you prefer. You can also adjust the spice level depending on your preference. If you leave the seeds and ribs in the jalapeños, your dip will have more kick; if you remove them, it won’t be spicy.
How To Make This Jalapeno Popper Dip
To make this addictive dip, you’ll mix up the creamy ingredients before transferring it to a baking dish and baking until gooey and bubbling.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can also make this recipe in your crockpot. Follow the below instructions and instead of making it in a baking dish, add it to your crockpot and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare an 8×8-inch dish or a 2½-quart casserole dish by spraying it with nonstick spray.
STEP TWO: In a medium-sized bowl with an electric mixer on medium, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t end up with lumps in your creamy dip.
STEP THREE: Stir in the cooked bacon, jalapeños, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and green onion.
STEP FOUR: Combine the bread crumbs with melted butter and parsley.
STEP FIVE: Spread into prepared dish. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
You can make this up to three days in advance and pop it in the oven right before your party. Just wait to add the topping until you’re ready to bake.
STEP SIX: Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and the breadcrumb topping is golden brown.
This must be served HOT or it will lose its creamy texture.
How To Serve This Jalapeno Dip
We like to serve this cheesy dip with buttery crackers, but you can also serve this easy appetizer with bread, pita chips, bagel chips, or tortilla chips.
Storing This Jalapeno Cheese Dip
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers of this spicy dip in the fridge, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or in an airtight container. You can reheat in the oven or single-servings in the microwave for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this dip as it will lose its creamy texture.
Packed with flavor, this simple and quick recipe for homemade jalapeño popper dip is delicious served with buttery crackers.
Loaded with zesty jalapeños and creamy, cheesy goodness plus a crunchy topping on top of the dip, it’s an irresistible hot dip that tastes just like jalapeño poppers and is the best party appetizer for any gathering.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This dip can also be made in the slow cooker. Mix up all the ingredients and layer them in the slow cooker rather than a baking dish and then cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
This dip is best served hot; otherwise, it will lose its creamy texture.
We don’t recommend freezing this dip as the cream cheese, and sour cream won’t hold up well during the freezing process.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pull Apart Pigs in a Blanket
- Taco Ring
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Crab Rangoon
- Cheese Ball Recipe
- Seven Layer Dip
- Ranch Crack Dip
- 2 Ingredient Bagels
- Queso Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Ritz Cracker Chicken
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Cheese Dip
- Pull-Apart Pizza Bread
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Imitation Crab Dip
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe
- Burrito Bowl
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Mexican Beef and Rice Casserole
- White Queso Dip
- How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
- Refrigerator Pickles
- Mexican Layered Salad
- Million Dollar Dip
- Best Garlic Bread Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Stuffed Ziti Fritta
Jalapeño Popper Dip
For the Dip
- 16 ounce cream cheese, softened (two 8-ounce packages)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 to 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces jarred jalapeños, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup green onion
For the Topping
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare an 8×8-inch dish or 2½-quart casserole by spraying with nonstick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl with a mixer on medium, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the bacon, jalapeños, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and green onion.
- Spread into prepared dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the butter and parsley. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until hot and bread topping is golden brown.
- You can also make this recipe in your crockpot. Follow the below instructions and instead of making it in a baking dish, add it to your crockpot and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t end up with lumps in your creamy dip.
- You can make this up to three days in advance and pop it in the oven right before your party. Just wait to add the topping until you’re ready to bake.
- This must be served HOT or it will lose its creamy texture.