August 16, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Making these Instant Pot chicken wings in this handy appliance gets them to the perfect level of crispiness. This particular recipe includes a savory barbecue sauce for the wings that makes them extra delicious.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings Ingredients
- 2 pounds of chicken wings (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup of BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ¾ tablespoon of dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
Substitutions And Additions
BBQ SAUCE: These crispy chicken wings are very flexible with the type of sauce you use. If you want to spice things up, you can add hot sauce to the mixture. Or you could opt for teriyaki sauce or a classic buffalo sauce for your wings.
How To Make This Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
STEP ONE: Place wings (frozen or thawed) in a single layer in the pressure cooker of the Instant Pot.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
The best part about cooking meat in an Instant Pot is that you can use frozen or thawed meat.
STEP TWO: To make our savory sauce, whisk together the BBQ sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Then, pour the sauce evenly over the chicken in the pressure cooker.
STEP THREE: Lock the lid and seal the vent. Set the Instant Pot to manual mode, high pressure for 10 minutes. Perform a quick release and remove the cooked chicken wings using tongs and place them on a baking tray.
STEP FOUR: Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and let the sauce cook down for about 10 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
STEP FIVE: Baste the sauce onto the chicken wings. Broil the wings with sauce for about 5 minutes in the oven. Finally, add more sauce to each wing and broil them for about another 5 minutes. Flip the wings and baste, and broil for another 5 minutes.
How To Serve
Of course, you can’t have these delicious chicken wings without celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. The combination is pure magic.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover of these BBQ wings in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing these wings. The chicken wings are best if made fresh, especially if you are using already frozen chicken wings to start with.
REHEATING IN THE INSTANT POT: You can use your Instant Pot to reheat leftover wings. It’s very easy to do so using the pressure cooker for the Instant Pot.
You will have to use some water to make steam. Add at least a cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Next, put the trivet in place and put the pot inside.
Then, using heatproof containers (I usually use glass), add a bit of extra sauce to the wings and cover the container with aluminum foil.
Then, set the steam time. I usually set the time to about 5 minutes.
REHEATING IN THE OVEN: You can also reheat the wings in the oven by setting the oven temperature to 350°F.
Place the wings on a baking sheet, add the leftover sauce to the wings, and put the baking sheet in the oven.
Reheat the wings for about 5 minutes on one side, and then flip them and heat again for another 5 minutes.
Making crispy wings in the Instant Pot is so quick and easy. This Instant Pot chicken wings recipe is great because it is so versatile. By switching up your wing sauce and sides, you can make wings often and not feel like you are eating the same thing.
Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe, you can use frozen or fresh chicken wings.
You can either use our recipe for wing sauce or choose your own favorite sauce instead.
Because the Instant Pot won’t give you that crispy skin on the outside, we recommend cooking the wings in the Instant Pot and then broiling them in the oven to crisp up the skin.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Eggs
- Instant Pot Rice
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot French Toast
- Instant Pot Lasagna
- Instant Pot Chili
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Crispy Honey Chicken
- Easy Grilled Chicken with Beer Marinade
- Baked Ziti with Chicken
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- Baked Crack Chicken
- Chili Recipe
- Copycat Chic Fil a Sauce
- Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Cornbread Dressing
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Cheese Ball Recipe
- Alabama White Sauce
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings, fresh
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ tablespoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- celery and chunky blue cheese dressing, to serve with
- Place wings in a single layer in the pressure cooker.
- Whisk together BBQ sauce, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne powder. Pour over chicken.
- Lock lid and seal vent. Set to manual mode, high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Perform quick release.
- Remove chicken pieces using tongs and place on a baking sheet.
- Set the cooker to sauté mode and let the sauce cook down for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle and whisk in cornstarch to thicken sauce.
- Baste sauce onto chicken wings. Broil for about 5 minutes. Add more sauce to each wing and Broil for another 5 minutes. Flip wings and baste. Broil for 5 minutes.
- The best part about cooking meat in an Instant Pot is that you can use frozen or thawed meat.
- If you are choosing to use a different sauce or a ready-made sauce you can skip the step to mix the sauce ingredients.