October 17, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
An easy Southern favorite, this Instant Pot pulled pork is so authentic and full of great flavor you’ll feel like you’re in Texas. We start with simple ingredients to create a smoky sauce for the pork, and once done, the delicious, tender shredded pork gets served on a bun for a messy sandwich.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 pounds of pork tenderloin, quartered
- 2 cups of hickory barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons of paprika
- 3 teaspoons of onion powder
- 3 teaspoons of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of chicken broth
Substitutions And Additions
PORK BUTT OR SHOULDER: Although pork butt and boneless pork shoulder roast are the best cut of pork for pulled pork, a pork loin roast is also a good choice. Tenderloin is leaner and won’t shred as well.
SPICY: If you are a fan of spicy pulled pork, you can add your favorite hot sauce, an extra dash of cayenne pepper, or even smokey chipotle peppers to the Instant Pot as well.
BBQ SAUCE: If you have a favorite BBQ sauce, you can use it for this recipe. If you prefer a homemade BBQ sauce, that would work as well.
How To Make This Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
STEP ONE: Grease the Instant Pot with olive oil.
STEP TWO: Place the pork pieces to the bottom of the pot.
STEP THREE: Mix the BBQ sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
STEP FOUR: Sift all seasonings together in a separate small bowl.
STEP FIVE: Pour sauce and seasoning mix over the pork in the Instant Pot.
STEP SIX: Add apple cider vinegar and chicken broth.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Chicken broth is the perfect liquid for pressure cooking pork. It adds flavor that you simply won’t get with water.
STEP SEVEN: Place and lock the lid and set the valve to sealing.
STEP EIGHT: Press manual, and set to high pressure for a 1-hour cook time. Once done, allow the pot to naturally release for 10 minutes. Carefully release any remaining pressure by turning the valve to venting.
STEP NINE: Remove cooked pork to a cutting board and shred.
STEP TEN: While shredding, reduce the remaining liquid in the Instant Pot by half by turning on the saute function and simmering for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STEP ELEVEN: Add pork back to the remaining liquid, and stir well to combine.
STEP TWELVE: Serve pulled pork on buns.
Toast the burger buns before serving with the pulled pork.
How To Serve
Pulled pork sandwiches are deliciously saucy and messy, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
Storing This Pulled Pork In Instant Pot Recipe
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers of this easy pulled pork recipe in an airtight container in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: You can store the leftover pulled pork in the freezer for up to four months.
REHEATING: If you happen to have leftovers, you can heat them on the stove, in the microwave, or in the oven easily without drying them out.
Be sure to save the leftover sauce and warm it with the leftovers to keep the meat juicy and moist.
With a little help from the Instant Pot, you’ll have a tasty meal ready to go in a fraction of the time that it would take in the slow cooker. This Instant Pot pulled pork is a great recipe for busy weeknight meals or to take along to a potluck. The tender meat has great flavor once cooked in the yummy, smoky sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
To shred pork, use two forks. Holding one in each hand, use them to pull the pork apart.
You could make this easy recipe in the slow cooker. You’d have to adjust the cooking time, but it will still come out saucy and delicious.
Pulled pork can be used for so many different meals. Try pork sandwiches, pork tacos, or even pork sliders.
You can store the leftover pulled pork in the freezer for up to four months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Turkey
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Pork Tenderloin
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- The Best Burger
- Oklahoma Onion Burger
- Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Sun Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops
- Zinger Burger
- Cheeseburger Pie
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
- Recipe for Ham Roast
- Fireball BBQ Sauce
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Soup
- Beer Marinade for Chicken
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pounds pork tenderloin, quartered
- 2 cups hickory BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Grease Instant Pot with olive oil.
- Place pork pieces to bottom of Instant Pot.
- Mix BBQ sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Sift all seasoning together in a separate small bowl.
- Pour sauce and seasoning mixes over pork in Instant Pot.
- Add apple cider vinegar and chicken broth.
- Place and lock lid.
- Set valve to sealing.
- Press manual, set to high pressure for 1 hour.
- Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully release and remaining pressure by turning the valve to venting.
- Remove cooked pork to a cutting board and shred.
- While shredding, reduce the remaining liquid in the instant pot by half by turning on the saute function and simmering for approximately 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add pork back to remaining liquid, stir well to combine.
- Serve pulled pork on buns.
- Chicken broth is the perfect liquid for pressure cooking pork. It adds flavor that you simply cannot get with water.
- Toast the burger buns before serving with the pulled pork.