Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
We are obsessed with the flavors of this loaded crack dip! Cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing mix, Mexican cheese, corn, bacon, and Rotel, come together in this simple and quick game day favorite. Served cold, your gang will declare this a favorite appetizer to enjoy again and again.
What is Crack Dip?
Crack dip is a creamy, delicious appetizer that is made with sour cream, cream cheese, ranch, cheese, and bacon. It’s totally addictive and delicious — creamy and loaded with flavors you’ll love.
This quick and simple dip is bursting with seasoning and is so easy to make. Plus, the bright, fresh colors are so appealing! It can also be low-carb and keto friendly very easily.
This crack dip recipe is the best. It can be made a day ahead of time, making it an ideal party appetizer. The longer it stays in the refrigerator ahead of time, the more ﬂavorful the dip will become.
Want more party snacks? We have them! Grab the recipes for crockpot buffalo chicken dip, seven layer dip, Rotel dip, cold crab dip, and shrimp dip. You’ll also love these homemade soft pretzels, crockpot little smokies, and hanky panky appetizers.
Crack Dip Ingredients you will need:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel, drained
- 1 (5.25 ounce) can Southwest Corn, drained
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- chives, chopped
There are a lot of variations you can make to this creamy dip. Some folks like to add in a jalapeno for an extra spicy kick. I have a friend who adds in dill as well. Avocado would be another great option. You could make it with sausage or chicken as well. If you like extra cheese, throw in some shredded cheddar as well. Cheesy is always the way to go!
That’s one thing I love about making homemade recipes from scratch — you can shake up your traditional, classic recipes with whole new flavors.
How to Make Crack Dip
In a large bowl, add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 16 ounces of sour cream, and dry ranch mix. Stir until well combined.
Next, add in all remaining ingredients, except for the chives. Stir to combine.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with chopped chives if desired before serving.
I serve this cold, but some folks prefer it baked and served warm. If you make it hot, you could keep it warm in your crockpot until you’re ready to serve. The flavor is award-winning any way you serve it.
What to Serve with this Dip
Truly this stuff is so good you might just want to sit and eat it with a spoon!
You can also dip veggies, chips, bread, pretzels, or crackers in it. I have a friend who eats it with Texas toast. I’ve also heard some folks like to dip apples in it for a combo of sweet and savory.
I personally love the texture of crisp veggies, chips, or crackers served with this smooth and creamy dip. It’s super delicious!
I’m sure you’ll love this crack dip — try it at a party soon for rave reviews! (For another classic appetizer, try these cucumber bites.)
More Appetizers to Try — and Love:
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Best Ever Cheese Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Taco Ring
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 2 cups Mexican cheese shredded
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 10 oz can Rotel drained
- 5.25 oz can Southwest Corn drained
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- chives chopped
- In a large bowl, add 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 16 ounces of sour cream, and dry ranch mix. Stir until well combined.
- Next, add in all remaining ingredients, except for the chives. Stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with chopped chives and serve with tortilla chips.