April 11, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Bright and refreshing, this easy strawberry lemonade recipe will be a welcome treat to cool you down all summer long. It only takes a tangy lemonade mix and a sweet strawberry simple syrup to whip up a batch of this thirst-quenching beverage.
Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, washed and stems removed, then sliced (should measure three cups after they are sliced)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
For the Lemonade
- Country Time Lemonade (follow directions on the container to make 2 quarts)
For the Garnish
- Sliced Lemon
- Sliced Strawberries
- Ice cubes
For the most intense strawberry flavor, this recipe works best with very ripe strawberries. While you can enjoy it all year round, strawberry lemonade is tastiest in the summer when strawberries are in season and at their juiciest.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
ALCOHOL: Add a splash of vodka to your glass to turn this pink lemonade into a refreshing summer cocktail for the grown ups.
CLUB SODA: For a fizzy version, you could make your delicious strawberry lemonade using club soda or sparkling water instead of still water.
How to Make This Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
STEP ONE: In a large pitcher, make 2 quarts of Country Time Lemonade according to the package directions. Place in the freezer to chill while making the strawberry simple syrup.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Using cold water to make the lemonade will help speed up the chilling process. This will make sure your summery drink is extra cold when served!
STEP TWO: In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups of water, 1 cup of sugar, and sliced strawberries. Cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
STEP THREE: Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until the strawberries are soft, the sugar dissolves, and the liquid is a deep red color.
STEP FOUR: Strain the strawberries using a fine mesh strainer into your pitcher. Press down on the strawberries gently to get all of the strawberry juice out, but make sure not to press too hard. You don’t want any strawberry chunks in your delicious drink.
STEP FIVE: Let the strawberry syrup cool for 15 minutes.
STEP SIX: Once cooled, add strawberry simple syrup to the cold Country Time Lemonade.
STEP SEVEN: Serve over ice, and garnish the individual glasses with lemon slices, and sliced strawberries!
Add fun patterned paper straws to dress up your drink.
How To Serve
Serve this refreshing drink all summer long. It would be a sweet drink to serve at a pink-themed birthday party or tea party. It would also be a great addition to any summer barbecue or other event you are hosting when strawberries are in season.
Our raspberry lemonade and pineapple lemonade are two more fruity and refreshing drinks that the whole family can enjoy.
MORE DRINK RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: Store the syrup in the fridge for up to a week and the lemonade for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: We do not recommend freezing either the lemonade or strawberry simple syrup. This drink is best made fresh.
A hot summer day just got even better with this flavorful drink. Make sure to keep some of your spoils from strawberry season to whip up this easy recipe. It’s the perfect balance between tangy lemonade and sweet strawberries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you prefer, you can make homemade lemonade using fresh lemons for this pink drink.
You could use a different berry for the simple syrup and turn this into another fruit-flavored beverage if you’d like.
If you would like to make this at a time of the year when strawberries aren’t in season, you could certainly whip up a batch with frozen strawberries.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Kool-Aid Slurpee
- Orange Sherbet Punch
- Sweet Peach Iced Tea
- Southern Strawberry Sweet Tea
- Starburst Jello Shots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
- Lemonade Pie
- Pink Drink
- Shirley Temple Drink
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Texas Tea
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Hard Lemonade
- Iced Tea
- Paralyzer Drink
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 3 cups strawberries, washed and stems removed, then sliced (should measure three cups after they are sliced)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Country Time Lemonade, follow directions on the container to make 2 quarts
- Lemon, Sliced
- Strawberries, Sliced
- In a large pitcher make 2 quarts Country Time Lemonade according to package directions. Place in the freezer to chill while making the strawberry simple syrup.
- In a medium saucepan add 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar, and sliced strawberries. Cook over medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until strawberries are soft and the liquid is a deep red color.
- Strain the strawberries using a mesh strainer into your pitcher. Press down on the strawberries gently, but make sure to not press too hard. You don’t want any strawberry chunks in your lemonade.
- Let the strawberry simple syrup cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled add strawberry simple syrup to the cold Country Time Lemonade.
- Serve over ice, sliced lemons, and sliced strawberries!
- Using cold water to make the lemonade will help speed up the chilling process. This will make sure your summery drink is extra cold when served!
- Add fun patterned paper straws to dress up your drink.
The perfect refreshing pick me up on a hot day!
Cat Armendarez says
I love strawberry lemonade i can’t wait to use this recipe this summer
I’d use frozen strawberries along with icecubes, to chill this.