December 13, 2021
Table of Contents
This easy hot crab dip appetizer is sure to be a hit at your next party. It’s a simple recipe that makes for a mouth-watering, cheesy, delicious appetizer that will get a resounding “yes” from guests. Plus, with the total prep time falling at only 30 minutes, it’s super easy to whip up right before guests arrive.
Whether it’s a friendly game night, Super Bowl party, Christmas party, there can never be enough ‘dips’. My cold crab dip and crab rangoon dip are also hugely popular. If you want a non-carb version, try our hot bacon cheddar cream cheese dip.
Hot Crab Dip:
This crab dip is a whole lot of creamy, cheesy, goodness. The base consists of cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream. With a bit more cheese on top. (You can never have too much cheese, right?) The diced green chilis, lemon juice, chives, Worcestershire, and seasonings add in great zest and flavors.
And of course, we can’t forget the crab. Which gives it the final touch it needs. It completes the dish and adds the last touch of flavor.
Ingredients Needed for Hot Crab Dip:
- crab meat
- cream cheese, softened
- sour cream
- diced green chilis
- lemon juice
- fresh chives, chopped
- Worcestershire sauce
- Old Bay seasoning
- parmesan and cheddar cheese
Variations on this Recipe:
You can also have fun with dressing up the recipe. Are you a fan of spicy? Try adding fresh jalapeños or a bit of chili flakes. Or, if you like, you can try adding other spices and flavors, too!
(Full Recipe at the Bottom of the Post)
How to Make Hot Crab Dip
First, in a medium sized bowl, mix together the crab meat, cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, diced green chilis, and lemon juice. Stir these ingredients together well.
Next, pour in the Worcestershire sauce and fresh chives (chopped).
Gather all of your spices and add in Old Bay seasoning and paprika, as well as, your parmesan and cheddar cheese. Make sure to set aside ¼ cup of each for sprinkling on top later.
After that, place the mixture inside of an 8×8 pan and smooth out the surface. Sprinkle on the parmesan and cheddar cheese you set aside.
Bake the mixture for 18-20 minutes or until you see it’s bubbling. If the cheese isn’t melted or you want to brown it a little bit, feel free to broil it for a couple of minutes. But, make sure you keep an eye on the dip since it can burn easily under the broiler!
When it’s finished, garnish the dip with some fresh chives and eat it with chips, crackers, or baguettes! A single batch serves 4-6 people.
What to Serve with Hot Crab Dip
This recipes is very versatile when it comes to what you dip in it. Have fun with it. You can have a variety of crackers, chips, pretzels, and any other creative ideas for dipping! Even soft pretzels also make an interesting side.
Crackers also hold up well to the weight of the dip. The sky’s the limit with what you’d like to serve this dip with and how you can mix it up and add your own twist to the recipe.
Other great appetizers to pair this dish with include:
- Buffalo Meatballs
- Little Smokies
- Rolled Tacos
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Hanky Panky Appetizer
- Deviled Eggs
- Twice Baked Potatoes
One thing is for certain, this is bound to be a hit at any party or gathering and we won’t be surprised if it’s gone in a matter of minutes. Just don’t plan on having any leftovers.
More Dip Recipes You Will Love
More Appetizer Recipes:
Hot Crab Dip
- 12 oz crab meat
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbs fresh chives chopped
- 1 Tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup Parmesan save ¼ cup to sprinkle on top
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese save ¼ cup to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together crab meat, cream cheese, may, sour cream, diced green chilis, and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Pour in worcestershire sauce and fresh chives.
- Gather your spices and add in Old Bay seasoning and paprika, as well as your parmesan and cheddar cheese. Make sure you set aside ½ cup of each cheese.
- Place mixture inside of an 8x8 pan and smooth out surface. Sprinkle on parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bubbling. If the cheese isn’t melted or you want to brown it a little bit, feel free to broil for a couple of minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on the dip since it can burn easily under the broiler.
- Garnish with fresh chives and eat with tortillas or crackers.