January 11, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These addictive crockpot Little Smokies are so easy to make and are the perfect appetizer for any get-together. Just put them in your slow cooker, smother them in a sweet and tangy sauce, and set them to bubble away.
Crockpot Little Smokies Ingredients
- 4 (14-ounce) packages of Little Smokies
- 18 ounces of chili sauce (1½ bottles)
- 8 ounces of pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
LITTLE SMOKIES: Any brand of little smoked sausages works in this recipe, depending on what you have available at the grocery store. You could even change it up and make this tasty barbecue sauce to pour over meatballs, pieces of hot dogs, or Italian sausage for another great appetizer.
How To Make This Crockpot Little Smokies Recipe
If you’re serving these cocktail sausages at a party, you might want to double this easy recipe. In my experience, these are a crowd pleaser and go quickly.
STEP ONE: Place the Little Smokies sausages in the crockpot.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl, whisk together the chili sauce, pineapple juice, and brown sugar.
STEP THREE: Pour this mixture over the Little Smokies in the crockpot.
STEP FOUR: Cook on high heat for 3 to 4 hours or on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
If you find your sauce is a bit watery at the end, add a bit of cornstarch or flour and give it a good stir to thicken it up.
How To Serve
The beauty of this easy slow cooker appetizer is that they pair well with most other side dishes and make a tasty appetizer. Keep them warm by serving them right out of the crockpot set on the warm setting. Just add a serving spoon once they are finished cooking, and you are all set.
Serve these alongside a tray of our bacon wrapped pineapple appetizers, for the ultimate dining experience. And if you’re looking for another delicious appetizer to serve at a party, make this delicious hot cream cheese dip.
MORE CROCKPOT RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers of these mini sausages in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing these sausages after they are made. You can freeze the smokies and then thaw them and add to your slow cooker when you are ready to serve them.
This crockpot little smokies recipe only requires four simple ingredients and almost zero prep time. They are sure to be a big hit with flavors that are to die for. The sweet and smokey chili sauce flavor makes for the best cocktail smokies in this easy appetizer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This great recipe can also be made in the Instant Pot. Check out our Instant Pot Little Smokies recipe.
These BBQ smokies are fully cooked and only need to be warmed up before serving.
If your sauce is watery, add a bit of cornstarch or flour to the sauce and give it a stir, you should be able to thicken it up!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Buffalo Meatballs
- Rolled Tacos
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sausage Bites
- Hot Crab Dip
- Crockpot Cocktail Links
- Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Pigs in a Blanket
Crockpot Little Smokies
- 56 ounces Little Smokies (four 14-ounce packages)
- 18 ounces chili sauce (1½ bottles)
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Place Little Smokies in the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix the chili sauce, pineapple juice, and brown sugar together.
- Pour the mixture over the Little Smokies and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 hours or low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove and serve warm.
- If you’re serving these cocktail sausages at a party, you might want to double this easy recipe. In my experience, these are a crowd pleaser and go quickly.
- If you find your sauce is a bit watery at the end, add a bit of cornstarch or flour and give it a good stir to thicken it up.