January 11, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These sausage bites only need two simple ingredients and ten minutes of prep time to make a simple, easy appetizer. Smoked sausage is smothered in your favorite barbecue sauce and grilled to sizzling for this delicious recipe.
Sausage Bites Ingredients
- 2 (14-ounce) packages of smoked sausages
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
You could use your favorite spicy sausage in this recipe as well for an extra kick.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
SAUSAGE: You could mix it up and add little smokies, andouille, kielbasa, or Polish sausage either with your smoked sausage or in place of the regular smoked sausage.
BARBECUE SAUCE: You can either buy store-bought sauce or make your own homemade barbecue sauce. We have a few easy recipes you could use such as our Alabama white sauce and Carolina mustard BBQ sauce. If you like things spicy, you could add a bit of chili sauce to mix with your barbecue sauce.
How To Make This Sausage Bites Recipe
STEP ONE: Cut each sausage link into bite-sized pieces.
STEP TWO: Put into a large bowl, pour the barbecue sauce over the pieces of sausage, and stir until well coated.
You can now take them straight to your heated grill or cover the sausage mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
STEP THREE: Turn the grill to low heat. Spray a flat grilling pan with nonstick spray.
STEP FOUR: Place sausage bites onto the grill pan and grill until done, turning frequently. Remove hot sausage from the grill and you are ready to serve!
You can pop these BBQ sausage bites into your crockpot on low to keep warm so everyone can enjoy them.
How To Serve
Serve these yummy little bites any time of year when you are entertaining. They are perfect for outdoor summer barbecues and holiday parties. Serve this great recipe with spicy mustard or other sauces for dipping.
There are so many other easy appetizers that you can add to your party food menu. Whip up a batch of a few of our other simple recipes to serve at your gathering as well such as our easy pepperoni rolls and taco ring.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store these delicious bites in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag in the fridge either cooked or uncooked for barbecuing later.
IN THE FREEZER: These bites are best served fresh and since they are so easy to make, you can quickly whip them up the day you are serving them.
I love how easy this hearty appetizer is to make. I can prep these barbecue sausage bites ahead of time and then they’re ready to serve in only minutes. They are the perfect party appetizer for summer barbecues, holiday gatherings, New Year’s Eve, and Super Bowl parties. Keep them warm in your slow cooker after grilling and you’ll have a snack that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These sausage bites are best served fresh. They are so quick and easy you can prep them the day of your party or the day before.
Cooked, smoked sausages are the key to this recipe. If you would prefer to use regular sausage, they need to be cooked first. Then slice and follow the recipe above.
If you are making this great appetizer in the fall or winter and don’t want to cook them outside in the cold, you can certainly pop them in the slow cooker for an hour and a half. Alternatively, you can cook the sausage in a frying pan along with the barbecue sauce.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Rotel Dip
- Pull Apart Pigs in a Blanket
- Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Dip
- Crockpot Little Smokies
- Taco Ring
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Crockpot Cocktail Links
- Instant Pot Little Smokies
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Taco Bites
- Pigs in a Blanket
- 28 ounces smoked sausages (two 14-ounce packages)
- 2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
- Cut each sausage link into bite-size pieces.
- Put into a medium-sized bowl and pour the barbecue sauce over the bites and stir until well coated.
- You can now take them straight to your heated grill or cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Turn the grill to low heat.
- Spray a flat grilling pan with nonstick spray. Place sausage bites onto the grill pan and grill until done, turning frequently.
- You could use your favorite spicy sausage in this recipe as well for an extra kick.
- You can now take them straight to your heated grill or cover sausage mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- You can pop these BBQ sausage bites into your crockpot on low to keep warm so everyone can enjoy them.