September 8, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Easy pepperoni rolls are fun and delicious appetizers. They are a cheesy snack made with pizza dough, mozzarella, and pepperoni and baked to bubbling ooey-gooey perfection.
Easy Pepperoni Rolls Ingredients
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can of pizza dough
- 6 ounces of pepperoni slices (larger 2½-inch slices can be cut in half)
- 1½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- Pasta or marinara sauce, for dipping
We highly recommend shredding the mozzarella cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese tends to have a coating on it that prevents it from melting really well.
Substitutions And Additions
TOPPINGS: You can switch up the pepperoni for any of your favorite pizza toppings in these pizza roll-ups.
You could also add toppings along with your pepperoni, like mushrooms, olives, or onions. You could also leave the pepperoni out altogether and make these cheese rolls!
DIPPING SAUCES: Marinara for dipping is a must for this great snack! But there are so many other options for dipping sauces for your pepperoni rolls.
My family loves to dip these in ranch dressing. You could try pretty much any type of salad dressing!
You could also use a garlic butter dipping sauce, pizza sauce, or hot sauce.
How To Make This Easy Pepperoni Rolls Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a pie pan or round baking dish with nonstick spray. Set it aside.
STEP TWO: Roll out the dough into a rectangle approximately ¼-inch thick with a rolling pin. There may be no need to do this. The dough usually comes out of a can quite thin.
Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut the dough (width-wise) into 11 or 12 equal strips.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Feel free to add a dusting of flour if the dough is too sticky.
STEP THREE: Place a single layer of the slices of pepperoni on each strip of dough and top with two tablespoons of shredded cheese.
STEP FOUR: Roll each strip of dough (cinnamon roll style) and place them into the prepared pie pan, seam side down (the filling is not facing up).
The rolls can be placed right next to each other.
STEP FIVE: Brush the pizza rolls with melted butter. Sprinkle them with basil, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the parsley on top.
STEP SIX: Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pasta sauce or marinara for dipping.
How To Serve
This yummy handheld pizza bread would be a fun after-school snack or even a portable lunch.
They would also make an easy dinner alternative for a change on pizza night. Add a simple Caesar salad, and it will be a sure crowd-pleaser.
Ready to try out some other tasty appetizer recipes? These pull apart pigs in a blanket are another fun finger food.
You also have to try out our yummy stuffed mushrooms.
Storing This Pizza Rolls Recipe
IN THE FRIDGE: This easy pepperoni bread is one of those dishes that’s definitely best when served fresh!
But if you find yourself with extras, place your leftover pepperoni rolls in a resealable plastic bag and store them in the fridge for up to five days.
To reheat, you can place the rolls in the microwave or heat them in the oven.
IN THE FREEZER: Leftover rolls can also be frozen. Wrap them in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil and place them in a freezer bag in the freezer.
They can be stored this way for up to one month.
To reheat frozen pepperoni rolls place them on a pan and bake them in the oven at 375°F for 20 minutes or until they have heated all the way through.
Pizza in any fashion is always a major hit, and these homemade pepperoni rolls are no exception. The gooey cheese and spicy pepperoni inside a soft, doughy crust, topped off with seasoning and served with your favorite dipping sauce will hit the spot every time.
Frequently Asked Questions
This great recipe would be delicious with either store-bought or homemade pizza dough.
These pepperoni rolls are entirely customizable. You can add your favorite pizza toppings along with the pepperoni, or you can skip the pepperoni completely.
These tasty rolls can be frozen for up to a month. Wrap them well in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before storing them.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
- Parmesan Pork Chops
- Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
- Pull-Apart Pizza Bread
- Rectangle School Pizza
- Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Rectangle School Pizza
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- KFC Copycat Coleslaw
- Pizza Casserole with Biscuits
- Best Garlic Bread Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad
- Air Fryer Pizzas
- Dinner Rolls
- Cream Cheese Pasta
- Pull Apart Garlic Bread
Easy Pepperoni Rolls
- 13.8 ounces pizza dough
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices (larger 2½ inch slices can be cut in half)
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- pasta or marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray a pie pan or round baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle approximately ¼ inch thick. (There may be no need to do this. The dough comes out of the can quite thin.) Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough (width-wise) into 11 or 12 equal strips.
- Place a single layer of pepperoni on each strip of dough and top with 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Roll each strip of dough, cinnamon roll style, and place into the prepared pie pan, seam side down (the filling is not facing up). The rolls can be placed right next to each other.
- Brush the pizza rolls with the melted butter. Sprinkle with the basil, garlic powder, and the parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the parsley on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pasta sauce or marinara for dipping.
- Feel free to add a dusting of flour if the dough is too sticky when you are rolling it out.
- We highly recommend shredding the mozzarella cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese tends to have a coating on it that prevents it from melting really well.