October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Our classic espresso martini is a delicious cocktail that will delight coffee lovers. With the rich taste of espresso combined with Kahlua and vodka, this drink will make you feel extra elegant as you sip it.
Espresso Martini Ingredients
An espresso Martini is a creamy, luxurious cocktail with a delightful blend of flavors.
Coffee lovers will appreciate the taste of rich espresso combined with the sweetness of Kahlua and the smoothness of vodka.
It’s a complex flavor profile that makes this drink truly special – perfect for any special occasion!
- 1 cup of ice
- 1½ ounces of cold-brew espresso coffee concentrate
- 1½ ounces of Kahlua brand coffee liqueur
- 1½ ounces of vodka
- ½ ounce of simple syrup
- 3 whole coffee beans, optional garnish
Be sure you are not using a pre-sweetened or creamed option for your espresso contrate.
Substitutions And Additions
KAHLUA: There are many brands of coffee liqueurs on the market. The most common is the Kahlua brand and Tia Maria, but your favorite brand will work in this recipe.
VODKA: Be sure that you are using a middle-to-top-shelf brand of vodka. Since this is such a simple recipe, you want to make sure you are using good-quality brands.
COFFEE: You can find the espresso cold brew concentrate, where you find standard cold brew in the refrigerated coffee section of your grocery store.
Be sure to use a very strong brew option. The mild or mellow ones are not quite as good in this classic coffee cocktail recipe.
SIMPLE SYRUP: I keep a bottle of store-bought simple syrup in my pantry to use in multiple cocktails. You can make your own simple syrup and store it in your refrigerator, in a squirt bottle, for up to 2 weeks.
You will boil equal parts water and granulated sugar (1 cup & 1 cup) just until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the sugar syrup from the heat and allow it to cool completely before transferring it to a food-grade squirt bottle and refrigerating.
How To Make This Espresso Martini Recipe
This classic martini cocktail will come together in no time in a cocktail shaker. Once you add all the ingredients, give it a good shake and pour it into a martini glass before garnishing it with coffee beans and serving.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can brew fresh espresso if you desire. It needs to be chilled before adding it to this recipe, or the recipe will not turn out as it should.
Do NOT use instant coffee, from the packets, for this espresso vodka cocktail recipe. It just does not turn out quite as tasty.
STEP ONE: Add the ice-cold espresso concentrate, Kahlua coffee liqueur, vodka, and simple syrup to the cup of a cocktail shaker.
STEP TWO: Shake vigorously for 15 to 20 seconds or until your espresso martini is nice and frothy.
STEP THREE: Slowly pour, while straining out the ice, the espresso martini into a 6-ounce martini glass.
STEP FOUR: Garnish with 3 whole coffee beans if desired.
Do NOT eat the whole coffee beans. They are for garnish only!
How To Serve
These homemade espresso martinis are the perfect after-dinner drink as a refreshing and unique way to end the meal.
IN THE FRIDGE: This easy espresso martini needs to be enjoyed immediately. It won’t keep for any length of time in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this coffee martini recipe. It is best made fresh.
Our best espresso martini recipe is an easy and delicious cocktail to make at home. It’s a great after-dinner drink that packs a punch of bold espresso flavor along with the creamy texture of Kahlua.
Frequently Asked Questions
This vodka espresso martini is a cocktail that should be made right when you are ready to enjoy it, as it won’t keep for any length of time.
This great espresso martini should be served chilled in a martini cocktail glass and immediately enjoyed – it won’t keep for any length of time in the fridge.
We recommend using a decent vodka for this recipe. Choose a good-quality brand that you enjoy drinking.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Limoncello Spritz
- Pink Drink Recipe
- Alcoholic Frozen Lemonade
- Pink Flamingo Drink
- Prickly Pear Margarita
- Disaronno Sour
- Vodka Sour
- Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
- Empress Gin Cocktail
- Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Peach Schnapps Cocktail
- Drunken Dalgona
- Fish Bowl Cocktail
- Blue Ocean Drink
- Wine Slushies
- Tequila Sour Recipe
- Dirty Snowmen
- Peach Margaritas
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Recipe for Sex on the Beach Drink
- Creamsicle Drink
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- Boozy Dole Whip
- Rainbow Cocktail
- Iced Mocha
- Easter Alcoholic Drink
- Bailey’s and Coffee Ice Cubes
- Dole Whip Jello Shots
- 1 cup ice
- 1½ ounces cold-brew espresso concentrate
- 1½ ounces Kahlua brand coffee liqueur
- 1½ ounces vodka
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 3 whole coffee beans, optional garnish
- Add the ice, cold-brew espresso concentrate, Kahlua coffee liqueur, vodka, and simple syrup to the cup of a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 15 to 20 seconds or until your espresso martini is nice and frothy.
- Slowly pour, while straining out the ice, the espresso martini into a 6-ounce martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 whole coffee beans if desired.
- Be sure you are not using a pre-sweetened or creamed option for your espresso contrate.
- You can brew fresh espresso if you desire. It needs to be chilled before adding it to this recipe, or the recipe will not turn out as it should. Do NOT use instant coffee, from the packets, for this espresso vodka cocktail recipe. It just does not turn out quite as tasty.
- Do NOT eat the whole coffee beans. They are for garnish only!