October 3, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Bright and frothy, our alcoholic frozen lemonade is created by blending tangy lemon sorbet and fresh lemon juice with vodka and ice. We can’t think of a more refreshing way to cool down all summer long than with this incredible lemony flavored drink.
Alcoholic Frozen Lemonade Ingredients
Experience the ultimate refreshment with this alcoholic frozen lemonade. It’s a balanced fusion of zesty and icy elements, making this drink a refreshing summer escape.
- 1¾ cups of ice
- 1 cup (½ pint) of frozen lemon sorbet
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) of vodka, good quality
- ⅓ cup of fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Lemon slice for garnish (optional)
When lemons are on sale at the grocery store, buy a bag full of them and juice them. You can freeze lemon juice in ice cube trays so that you always have fresh juice on hand.
Substitutions And Additions
LEMONADE: You can make this lemonade drink even easier by substituting the freshly squeezed lemon juice and the sugar for ⅓ cup of good quality, pre-made lemonade or even lemonade concentrate.
You could also opt to use pink lemonade for a pretty twist on this cocktail recipe.
NON-ALCOHOLIC: If you wish to make this frozen lemonade ‘non-alcoholic’ for the kiddos, or yourself, you can just omit the vodka and replace it with ¼ cup water. It will still be delicious!
FRUIT: Try strawberry lemonade by adding a few berries to your blender for a fruity combination.
VODKA: If you have lemon vodka, you can substitute it for plain vodka in this boozy lemonade.
If you have a favorite vodka flavor, you are more than welcome to experiment and discover new flavor combinations.
How To Make This Alcoholic Frozen Lemonade Recipe
This easy, grown-up beverage will come together in minutes in your blender. The slushie drink will be ready for sipping in no time.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This recipe makes a smaller batch of drinks but can easily be doubled to serve more people.
STEP ONE: In the container of your blender, add the ice, lemon sorbet, vodka, lemon juice, and sugar.
Blend on high (or on your blender’s smoothie setting) for one to two minutes or until smooth and no large ice pieces remain.
STEP TWO: Pour your frozen lemonade into your glass. Garnish with a lemon slice and enjoy.
To keep your frozen lemonade as cold as possible while you’re enjoying it, you can place your (freezer-safe) serving glasses into the freezer for five to ten minutes before filling them with your cocktail.
How To Serve This Frozen Vodka Lemonade
Our boozy frozen lemonade recipe is perfect for sharing. Add a lovely patterned straw to your glasses and pass the glasses around.
This frozen lemonade alcoholic drink would be lovely to serve at a pool party or summer barbecue. Add our seven-layer dip and a bowl of chips to munch on.
For those who aren’t planning to consume an alcoholic beverage, you can serve this lemonade without the vodka, or you can make a batch of our iced tea, raspberry iced tea, sweet peach iced tea, or our southern strawberry sweet tea as an alternative.
Summer cocktail recipes are so much fun to make and enjoy.
Storing This Boozy Frozen Lemonade
For best results, this vodka lemonade slush needs to be served immediately.
IN THE FREEZER: You can, however, make this homemade lemonade ahead and store it in a lidded, freezer-safe glass container.
When you are ready to enjoy this frosty treat, all you need to do is place it on the counter for three to five minutes to start to thaw; then, you can pour it into your glass to drink.
A frosty and tangy lemonade is a delicious way to cool down on a hot summer day. Add a little vodka, and you have an alcoholic frozen lemonade that would be the ultimate drink to serve for happy hour at your next party or summer barbecue
Frequently Asked Questions
You could opt for rum, tequila, or gin in this frozen lemonade alcoholic drink recipe.
Most any fruit would be a fun addition to this lemonade. Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries come to mind as ideal choices, but you could certainly experiment with plenty of other fruit.
If you are finding your drink is too thick to sip, try adding a bit of Sprite or ginger ale to thin it out a bit.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Strawberry Frosty
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Hard Lemonade
- Strawberry Mojito
- Orange Creamsicle Cocktail
- Party Punch
- Lemon Lime Bitters
- Malibu Bay Breeze
- Pineapple Lemonade
- Orange Julius
- Campfire Cocktail
- Fruit Tingle Cocktail
- Wine Slushie
- Drunk Bunny
- Chick Fil A Lemonade (Frosted)
- Texas Tea
- Dirty Snowmen
- Kool Aid Slushie
- Mudslide Drink
- Wendy’s Frosty
- Peach Schnapps Drink
- Fish Bowl Drink
- Mimosa Float
- Malibu Pineapples
- Adult Root Beer Float
Alcoholic Frozen Lemonade
- 1¾ cups ice
- 1 cup frozen lemon sorbet, (½ pint)
- ¼ cup vodka, good quality (2 ounces)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed (from 2 to 3 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- In the container of your blender, add the ice, lemon sorbet, vodka, lemon juice, and sugar. Blend on high (or on your blender’s smoothie setting) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until smooth and no large ice pieces remain.
- Pour your frozen lemonade into your glass. Garnish with a lemon slice, and enjoy.PRO TIP: To keep your frozen lemonade as cold as possible while you're enjoying it, you can place your (freezer-safe) serving glasses into the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before filling them with your cocktail.
- If you wish to make this frozen lemonade ‘non-alcoholic’ for the kiddos, or yourself, you can just omit the vodka and replace it with ¼ cup water. It will still be delicious!
- You can make this an even easier drink by substituting the freshly squeezed lemon juice and the sugar for ⅓ cup of good quality, pre-made lemonade.
- This recipe makes a smaller batch of drinks but can easily be doubled to serve more people.