October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This so-delicious-it-should-be-impossible cheeseburger pie is filled with all the gooey cheese and juicy flavors of a cheeseburger. Talk about a recipe your whole family will flip for – it’s a savory ground beef mixture smothered in melty cheddar topped with an unbelievably easy Bisquick pie crust.
Cheeseburger Pie Ingredients
If you’re a fan of savory, hearty meals that pack in plenty of flavor, then you’re in for a treat when it comes to cheeseburger pie.
This dish is the ultimate in comfort food, featuring all the classic flavors of a traditional cheeseburger in a fun, pie-inspired format.
From the juicy ground beef to the melty cheese, every bite is a symphony of delicious tastes that will leave your taste buds singing with delight.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ cup of diced onion
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of Bisquick baking mix
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
Substitutions And Additions
TOMATOES: Adding tomatoes to this easy recipe (drained canned tomatoes work great!) is a great way to add a bit of freshness to your pie.
PICKLES: For even more cheeseburger flavor, diced pickles and sliced dill pickles both work great in this yummy recipe. You can add them to the top of this easy pie before you pour your Bisquick mix over the top.
BACON: Add bacon when you are cooking the ground beef for a delicious bacon cheeseburger pie.
How To Make This Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
Let’s walk through the step-by-step instructions for making this delicious cheeseburger pie.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Ground beef and onions can be batch cooked ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer to use later. This is a great time-saver.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 400°F.
STEP TWO: Spray an 8-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
STEP THREE: In a large skillet, cook beef, onions, salt, pepper, and onion powder over medium heat until the meat is browned and the onions are translucent. Drain any extra fat.
We recommend using a potato masher to help break up the ground beef.
STEP FOUR: Place half of the meat mixture into the prepared pie pan.
STEP FIVE: Sprinkle a cup of the grated cheese over the ground beef filling.
STEP SIX: Top the cheese with the remaining ground beef.
STEP SEVEN: Pour the remaining cup of cheddar cheese on top of the meat mixture.
STEP EIGHT: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Bisquick, milk, and garlic salt until fairly smooth. It’s okay if it has a few lumps.
STEP NINE: Pour the batter mixture over the meat pie.
STEP TEN: Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester or knife inserted comes out clean of any batter.
STEP ELEVEN: Serve and enjoy!
Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds to mimic a sesame seed bun with your cheeseburger pie.
How To Serve This Quick Cheeseburger Pie
This easy cheeseburger pie recipe would be good with any of your favorite burger toppings, including diced pickle, lettuce, and tomato on top!
Here’s how to store the leftovers of this tasty pie in the fridge and freezer.
IN THE FRIDGE: Wrap this cheesy hamburger pie tightly with foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
IN THE FREEZER: To freeze and store this savory pie for about a month, wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap or in an airtight container and store it in the freezer.
The perfect weeknight dinner dish to satisfy your hungry family, this meaty, cheesy cheeseburger pie recipe is filled with savory flavor. There’s nothing fancy to scare away hungry kids here – just classic ingredients perfectly cooked to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This Bisquick cheeseburger pie is easily customizable. Add your favorite burger toppings, such as tomatoes, pickles, and fried mushrooms.
This tasty pie would be delicious with any ground beef, including ground pork, ground turkey, or ground chicken.
You can make this simple recipe ahead of time, as it freezes really well. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one month.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Layered Taco Salad
- Salisbury Steak
- Beef and Noodle Casserole
- Poor Man’s Steaks
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- The Best Burger
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Cheeseburger Burrito
- Oklahoma Onion Burger
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Chicken Hand Pies
- Zinger Burger
- Grilled Salmon
- Cheeseburger Quesadilla
- Roast Beef Sliders
- Poor Man’s Stew
- Salmon in Foil
- Frito Pie
- Meatloaf Recipe with Stove Top Stuffing
- Sloppy Joe Pie
- Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided in half
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Bisquick
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray an 8-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onions, salt, pepper, and onion powder over medium heat until the meat is browned and the onions are translucent. Drain any extra fat.
- Place half of the meat mixture in the prepared pie pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over the meat.
- Top with the remaining ground beef.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Bisquick, milk, and garlic salt until fairly smooth. It’s okay if it has a few lumps.
- Pour the mixture over the meat pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester or knife inserted comes out clean.
- Ground beef and onions can be batch cooked ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer to use later. This is a great time-saver.
- We recommend using a potato masher to help break up the ground beef.
- Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds to mimic a sesame seed bun with your cheeseburger pie.