Last updated on
Table of Contents
This so-delicious-it-should-be-impossible cheeseburger pie recipe is a delicious casserole filled with all the cheesy and juicy flavors of a cheeseburger! Talk about a recipe your family will flip for – it’s a lightly seasoned ground beef mixture smothered in melty cheddar topped with an unbelievably easy-to-make Bisquick crust!
CHEESEBURGER PIE INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Bisquick
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
TOMATOES: Adding tomatoes to this recipe (drained canned tomatoes work great!) is a great way to add a bit of freshness to your pie.
PICKLES: For even more cheeseburger flavor, diced pickles and sliced dill pickles both work great. You can add them to the top before you pour your Bisquick mix over the top.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHEESEBURGER PIE RECIPE
STEP ONE: Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
STEP TWO: Spray an 8-inch pie pan with nonstick spray and then set it aside.
STEP THREE: In a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, and onion powder over medium heat until the meat is browned and the onions are translucent. Drain any extra fat.
PRO TIP: We recommend using a potato masher to help break up the ground beef.
STEP FOUR: Place half of the meat mixture you’ve made in the prepared pie pan.
STEP FIVE: Sprinkle a cup of the cheddar cheese over the meat mixture.
STEP SIX: Top the cheese with the remaining ground beef.
STEP SEVEN: Pour the cup of cheddar cheese that you have remaining on top of the meat mixture.
STEP EIGHT: In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, Bisquick, milk, and garlic salt until fairly smooth. It’s okay if it has a few lumps.
STEP NINE: Pour the batter mixture over the meat pie.
STEP TEN: Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or knife inserted comes out clean of any batter.
STEP ELEVEN: Serve and enjoy!
IN THE FRIDGE: Wrap tightly with foil or plastic wrap and store in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
IN THE FREEZER: To freeze and store for about a month, wrap tightly in foil or plastic wrap and store in the freezer.
The perfect weeknight dinner dish to satisfy your hungry family, this meaty, cheesy cheeseburger pie recipe is filled with savory flavor. There’s nothing fancy to scare away hungry kids here – just classic ingredients perfectly cooked to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
MORE RECIPE YOU’LL LOVE
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, and onion powder over medium heat until the meat is browned and onions are translucent. Drain any extra fat.
- Place half of the meat mixture in the prepared pie pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over the meat.
- Top with the remaining ground beef.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, Bisquick, milk, and garlic salt until fairly smooth. It’s okay if it has a few lumps.
- Pour the mixture over the meat pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or knife inserted comes out clean.