Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Ready to eat something that telegraphs the harvest message? Butternut Squash Soup even looks like it belongs to the season! Nothing satisfies me like fragrant, warm soup on these cooler days. Pair it with a tasty, crusty bread or go for something sweet and rustic, like date nut. Add a cutting board with cheese and perhaps a few fresh vegetables. Include a birthday cake and you’ve got a fall themed birthday party menu. This soup could make a great first course for a Thanksgiving feast, too.
- Your family will love these Crescent Roll Recipe Ideas — perfect to accompany a bowl of soup!
- Satisfy your craving with this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf after dinner.. or before!
You can take advantage of the seasonal abundance of squash by freezing it. If you’re making the soup, might as well make more than you’ll need for a single meal. It can be frozen in cubes, or cooked to a puree and frozen, too. On those sure-to-come busy nights, think how glad you’ll be to have something so satisfying as warm, homemade soup already made!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 32 ounce box of chicken broth
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice I used Pumpkin Spice blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- dried cranberries for garnish
- Peel the squash.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and insides.
- Dice squash into one inch cubes.
- Chop the onion.
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the pot.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Once the soup is simmering, cover and cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat or until squash is fork tender.
- Remove pot from heat and add cream, pumpkin pie spice, salt and brown sugar.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. You can also transfer the soup to a blender to puree.
- Garnish with dried cranberries.
Create meals they will love with these great sources gathered by the crew at Spaceships and Laser Beams.
- Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
- Crock Pot SCR450-PT 4-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker, Black Demask Pattern
- Crock-Pot SCR300SS 3-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- Square Baker (8″ by 8″)
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry
- Temptations Old World 15″ pizza Stone, Brown
- American Metalcraft STONE14 Rectangular Economy Pizza Stone, 14-Inch
- Cuisinart 77-7 Chef’s Classic Stainless 7-Piece Cookware Set
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set
- Over-and-Back 4-Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set
- Complete Elegant Regency Line 5-Piece Flatware Serving Set, Utensil Serving Set, Buffet Banquet Serving Spoons, Serving Forks, 18/page/8 Gauge Stainless Steel
Check out these delicious ideas:
- 17 Yummy Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
- Homemade Corn Dogs
- Pumpkin Layer Cheesecake
- One Pot Chicken Dinner
- Best Clam Chowder
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Lentil Soup
- Potato Soup
- Chicken Soup