October 19, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins Ingredients
- Substitutions And Additions
- How To Make This 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
- How To Serve These Pumpkin Muffins With Cake Mix
- Why We Love This Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Recipes You’ll Love
- JUMP TO RECIPE
- Even More Recipes You’ll Love
Pumpkin spice is the much-anticipated flavor of fall that most people look forward to every year, and these 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins are moist, spiced, and so easy to make. I mean, how can you go wrong with just two ingredients?
2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins Ingredients
These pumpkin spice muffins are a delightful treat, blending the rich, aromatic spice cake mix with the velvety texture and mild sweetness of canned pumpkin puree.
The result is soft, tender, and flavorful muffins that capture the essence of fall with warm spice notes and a comforting pumpkin flavor.
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box of spice cake mix
- 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
Substitutions And Additions
CAKE MIX: While it would not taste quite the same as the spice cake mix, you could use a carrot cake mix or gingerbread box of cake mix.
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: If you are using a boxed cake mix that is different from the spiced cake mix, you could add a dash of your own pumpkin pie spice.
FROSTING: If you want to add a little something extra to these muffins. You could top them with a little cream cheese frosting, either store-bought or homemade.
How To Make This 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
With only two ingredients, these muffins will mix up in minutes. Fill your muffin pan and bake. That’s all there is to it.
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a jumbo muffin pan with muffin liners.
STEP TWO: Dump the box of spice cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Stir to combine the cake mix and pumpkin puree.
STEP FOUR: Using a half-cup measuring cup, portion the pumpkin spice muffin batter into the pre-lined jumbo muffin pan.
A measuring cup, cookie scoop, or ice cream scoop makes portioning muffins into muffin cups an easy task.
STEP FIVE: Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 25 minutes, depending on how big your muffins are, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your muffins at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
STEP SIX: Cool on a cooling rack, and then enjoy!
How To Serve These Pumpkin Muffins With Cake Mix
These cake mix pumpkin muffins are the perfect breakfast treat.
Now that you’ve mastered these scrumptious two-ingredient pumpkin spice muffins, let’s talk about how to store them.
MAKE AHEAD: While these muffins are best enjoyed freshly baked, you can make them ahead to save time.
Simply bake the muffins as directed, allow them to cool completely, and then store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
ON THE COUNTER: Store these simple cake mix muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store the muffins in the freezer for up to three months in an airtight container.
Why We Love This Recipe
SIMPLICITY: With just two readily available ingredients, it’s a breeze to put together, making it perfect for busy days or when you need a quick and tasty treat.
AUTUMN FLAVOR: The combination of pumpkin puree and spice cake mix creates a muffin bursting with warm, cozy autumn flavors.
These 2-ingredient pumpkin spice muffins are just about the easiest muffins you could imagine. They are full of pumpkin spice flavor and the perfect way to celebrate pumpkin season.
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy recipe could be made in either a standard-sized muffin tin or as mini muffins. You will have to adjust the baking time based on the size of your muffins.
There are plenty of choices of boxed cake mixes that you could use. Try to pick one that has similar spiced flavors to the spice cake mix.
This easy pumpkin muffin recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Spice Jello Cookies
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 15.25 ounce box of spice cake mix
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Dump the cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl.
- Stir the muffin batter. A few dry spots or lumps are fine but still try to get the batter as even-looking as possible.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, portion the pumpkin spice muffin batter into a pre-lined jumbo muffin pan.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes (depending on how big your muffins are) until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack, and then enjoy!
- Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- A measuring cup, cookie scoop, or ice cream scoop makes portioning muffins into muffin cups an easy task.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your muffins at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Bars
- Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Dip
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scone Recipe
- And pumpkin isn’t just for humans – make these Pumpkin Dog Treats, too!