February 15, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Pumpkin spice is the much-anticipated flavor of fall and most people look forward to enjoying the cozy flavors it brings every year. These 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins are moist, spiced and so easy to make. I mean, how can you go wrong with just 2 ingredients!
2-INGREDIENT PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CAKE MIX: While it would not taste quite the same as the spice cake mix, if you prefer to use a carrot cake mix or gingerbread box of cake mix, it would give you similar spiced flavors.
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: If you are using a boxed cake mix that is different from the spiced cake mix the recipe calls for, you could add a dash of your own pumpkin pie spice.
FROSTING: If you want to add a little something extra to these muffins. You could top them with a little cream cheese frosting, either store-bought or homemade.
HOW TO MAKE THIS 2-INGREDIENT PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS RECIPE
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a jumbo muffin pan with muffin liners.
STEP TWO: Dump the box of spice cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Stir to combine the cake mix and pumpkin puree.
STEP FOUR: Using a ½ cup measuring cup, portion the pumpkin spice muffin batter into the pre-lined jumbo muffin pan.
A measuring cup, cookie scoop, or ice cream scoop makes portioning muffins into muffin cups an easy task.
STEP FIVE: Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 25 minutes (depending on how big your muffins are) until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
STEP SIX: Cool on a cooling rack, and then enjoy!
HOW TO SERVE
ON THE COUNTER: Store these simple cake mix muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store the muffins in the freezer for up to three months in an airtight container.
These are just about the easiest muffins you could imagine. Full of pumpkin spice flavor and the perfect way to celebrate pumpkin season. Mix together two ingredients, pop in the oven, and voilà, you have a delicious treat.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe could be made in either a standard-sized muffin tin or as mini muffins. You will have to adjust the baking time based on the size of your muffins.
There are plenty of choices of boxed cake mixes that you could use. Try to pick one that has similar spiced flavors to the spice cake mix.
This easy pumpkin muffin recipe can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- And pumpkin isn’t just for humans – make these Pumpkin Dog Treats, too!
2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Have your helpers dump the cake mix and pumpkin puree into a BIG bowl. (The bigger bowl, the less spills will come over the sides!)
- Have them stir the muffin batter to their hearts content! A few dry spots or lumps are not a big deal, but still try to get the batter as even-looking as possible. (Another thing to love about this recipe – no need for a mixer!)
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, portion the pumpkin spice muffin batter into a pre-lined jumbo muffin pan.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes (depending on how big your muffins are) until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack, and then enjoy!