September 18, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This easy pumpkin banana bread is a moist quick bread featuring the combination of pumpkin spice and the sweetness of bananas. It’s a great way to welcome the fall season and a lovely addition to your breakfast table.Pumpkin Banana Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 1¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup of diced pecans or walnuts
Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure pumpkin purée and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
Substitutions And Additions
FLOUR: You can make this yummy bread with whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
ADD-INS: There are fun ways to add a little something extra to your bread. You could add nuts, raisins, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips to the batter if you’d like.
OIL: Instead of the canola oil, you could substitute it with coconut oil or applesauce.
GLAZE: Adding a caramel glaze is optional, and we have provided the directions for it below. Sometimes I make this without the glaze and spread butter on it instead. Either way is so delicious.
How To Make This Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This delicious recipe freezes really well. Make a double batch and freeze the second loaf for later.
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
You can buy loaf pan parchment liners to make lining your pans quick and easy.
STEP TWO: Combine the brown sugar, white sugar, oil, and eggs in a medium bowl. Stir to mix.
STEP THREE: In a separate bowl, mix bananas, pumpkin puree, and whole milk. Add to the sugar and egg mixture.
STEP FOUR: Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spices together in a large bowl. Add pecans or walnuts.
STEP FIVE: Slowly add ⅓ of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients at a time, and mix as you add.
STEP SIX: Pour into the prepared pan.
STEP SEVEN: Bake at 350°F for 85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
STEP EIGHT: Remove from oven and allow pumpkin bread to cool completely on a wire rack.
Optional Homemade Caramel Drizzle:
- 7 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, combine milk and brown sugar.
2. Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 8 minutes, still stirring.
4. Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and butter.
5. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before drizzling it over the pumpkin banana bread.
How To Serve This Banana Pumpkin Bread
ON THE COUNTER: Any leftovers can be stored in either an airtight container or a Ziploc bag on the counter for 2 to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: To freeze this pumpkin banana bread, just make sure to wrap it well in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.
The pumpkin and banana flavors in this pumpkin banana bread are a brilliant combination. Moist, sweet, and spiced, this bread will be a welcome addition to the breakfast table.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can store pumpkin banana bread in plastic wrap or an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
You can freeze this great recipe by wrapping it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before putting it in the freezer.
If you would prefer to use homemade pumpkin puree rather than store-bought, you certainly can make this substitution.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Bread
- Cast Iron Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Butter
- Applesauce Cake
- Banana Bread Brownies
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Applesauce Cookies
- Coconut Cream Dessert
- Crockpot Applesauce
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Banana Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Bread
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Texas Roadhouse Butter Recipe
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread
- Campfire Banana Boats
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Caramel Sauce
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup pecans, diced (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with baking spray.
- Combine the brown sugar, sugar, oil, and eggs into a bowl. Stir to mix.
- Mix bananas, pumpkin puree, and whole milk. Add to the sugar/egg mixture.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spices together. Add pecans or walnuts.
- Slowly add ⅓ of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients at a time, mix as you add.
- Pour into the prepared glass loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure pumpkin purée and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- This delicious recipe freezes really well. Make a double batch and freeze the second loaf for later.
- You can buy loaf pan parchment liners to make lining your pans quick and easy.