October 16, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
We are obsessed with this incredible pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe which combines two favorite treats in a delightful new way! Cinnamon, spices, brown sugar, cream cheese, and pumpkin, combined with a little bit of magic, create the perfect marriage of pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake in a cookie bar form.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
For The Crust:
- 1 cup of gingersnap crumbs (approximately 14 to 16 cookies before crushing)
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
For The Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 12-ounce can of evaporated milk
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
Make sure you buy pure pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
For The Topping:
- 2 cups of finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of water
Substitutions And Additions
TOPPING: You could also add a bit of whipped cream on top to give it that extra pumpkin pie feel.
NUTS: You could substitute walnuts, almonds, or another toasted nut for the pecans.
CARAMEL SAUCE: A drizzle of caramel sauce on top would make this an extra decadent dessert.
How To Make This Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
For The Crust
STEP ONE: In a food processor, pulse together the gingersnap cookies, graham crackers, cinnamon, and sugar until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse to blend.
STEP TWO: Press the graham cracker mixture into an even layer on the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Use the bottom of a flat measuring cup to press the crust into the bottom of the pan. This ensures a nice firm base for the bars.
STEP THREE: Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
For The Cheesecake Filling
STEP ONE: On medium speed using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy.
For best results, make sure your cream cheese is room temperature, or it may leave lumps in the filling.
STEP TWO: Gradually add the pumpkin puree and mix on low speed until fully blended.
STEP THREE: Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the milk and vanilla extract, beating until well combined.
Stir in the spices and salt, mixing on low.
STEP FOUR: Pour the cheesecake layer over the cooled crust and bake for 50 minutes at 350°F.
For The Topping
STEP ONE: Add the nuts, brown sugar, and water together in a small bowl and then spread over the top of the pumpkin cheesecake.
STEP TWO: Bake for 30 minutes. If the pecan topping is browning too much, tent lightly with foil.
The bars are done when the center is set and a knife comes out clean.
STEP THREE: Remove the baking pan from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
STEP FOUR: Chill overnight.
How To Serve These Cheesecake Pumpkin Bars
Cut these perfect pumpkin cheesecake bars into squares. If you’re a pumpkin fanatic like me, serve alongside a tasty pumpkin spice latte or our slow cooker pumpkin spice latte.
These amazing bars would be a fantastic option for Thanksgiving dessert instead of a traditional pumpkin pie.
Storing These Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars
IN THE FRIDGE: You can store these pumpkin pie cheesecake bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze these delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars for up to 3 months.
Wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer-safe container. Let thaw completely before serving.
MAKE-AHEAD: You can make these pumpkin bars ahead of time and either keep them in the refrigerator or freeze them if you want to save them for later.
Full of fall spices, creamy pumpkin cheesecake, and a delicious pecan topping, I am confident that anyone who tries these perfect pumpkin cheesecake bars will agree that they are delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can freeze these bars wrapped in plastic wrap for up to three months.
You can use homemade pumpkin puree if you prefer.
If you can’t find pumpkin pie spice in the store, you could use either cinnamon or a combination of cinnamon and nutmeg.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecakes
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Banana Cheesecake Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Five Star Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dip
- Cream Cheese Mints
- Texas Roadhouse Butter Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
- Lemonade Pie
- Pumpkin Bars
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Starbucks Pumpkin Scone Recipe
- Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Jello Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs, approximately 14 to 16 cookies prior to crushing
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup pecans finely chopped
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pulse together the gingersnaps crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and sugar until they are fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse to blend.
- Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes .
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
For the Filling
- On medium speed, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the pumpkin and mix on low speed until fully blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the milk and vanilla, beating until well combined. Stir in the spices and salt, mixing on low.
- Pour onto the crust. Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
For the Topping
- Add the nuts, brown sugar, and water together in a bowl and then spread over the top of the pumpkin cheesecake.
- Spread the mixture over the top of the pumpkin cheesecake.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If the pecan topping is browning too much, tent lightly with foil.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- Chill overnight.
- Once chilled, cut into squares.
- Make sure you buy pure pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Use the bottom of a flat measuring cup to press the crust into the bottom of the pan. This ensures a nice firm base for the bars.
- For best results, make sure your cream cheese is room temperature, or it may leave lumps in the filling.
- The bars are done when the center is set and a knife comes out clean.