September 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Impossible pumpkin pie cupcakes pack all the pumpkin pie flavor into individual servings. A delicious mashup between crustless pumpkin pie and a cupcake, these are a perfect dessert for the holiday season, a special dinner, or anytime just to fulfill that pumpkin spice craving.
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Ingredients
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup of evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- ⅛ cup of cornstarch
- whipped cream and cinnamon for topping, optional
Substitutions And Additions
CANNED PUMPKIN PIE FILLING: You can use this instead of pure pumpkin puree; just eliminate the pumpkin pie spice from the recipe. Do be aware that the spices in the canned pumpkin pie filling may be different than what is called for in this recipe, so the taste of the finished cupcakes might be slightly different.
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE: You can mix up your own spice mix instead of using pumpkin pie spice. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon, 4 teaspoons of ground ginger, 3 teaspoons of ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of ground cloves, and 1 teaspoon of ground allspice.
NUTMEG: Nutmeg is one of the ingredients in pumpkin pie spice, so you might want to add just a very little bit to the top of your cupcakes. You can do this instead of topping with ground cinnamon, or along with the cinnamon.
ICE CREAM: While most people top their pumpkin pie with whipped cream, some love a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If this is you, try topping the pumpkin cupcakes with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream right before serving.
FROSTING: These cupcakes could also be treated like pumpkin pie muffins. In that case, add a drizzle of your favorite frosting and then a dash of cinnamon.
How To Make Pie Cupcakes
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
It is important to NOT use a handheld or stand mixer for this recipe.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl, whisk dry ingredients together except for the cornstarch.
STEP THREE: In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients and the cornstarch together.
STEP FOUR: Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, whisking only until the ingredients are incorporated. Do not over-whisk the filling.
STEP FIVE: Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with Baker’s Joy baking spray or nonstick cooking spray really well so nothing sticks.
Paper liners tend to stick to these cupcakes so it is best to just spray your muffin pan really well instead.
STEP SIX: Pour filling into the prepared cupcake pan, filling each muffin cup ⅔ full.
STEP SEVEN: Bake for 25 minutes.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your cupcakes as the suggested baking time approaches.
STEP EIGHT: Remove from the oven and cool cupcakes in the pan for 20 minutes.
STEP NINE: Remove each cupcake from the pan and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
This extra hour in the fridge is needed to ensure the cupcakes are properly set.
How To Serve
These irresistible pumpkin pie cupcakes are the perfect fall dessert. They would be a great alternative to traditional pumpkin pie and would be wonderful for making an appearance at your Thanksgiving dinner.
IN THE FRIDGE: This pumpkin pie cupcake recipe will stay fresh in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store the cupcakes in zip-top bags or another airtight container and freeze them for up to three months. Thaw completely before topping and serving.
Impossible pumpkin pie cupcakes are the perfect pumpkin flavor-filled dessert in an individual serving size that you can make in a snap. Whip up a batch this fall season for a delectable dessert.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to use fresh puree, you can certainly use it in place of store-bought in this recipe.
This homemade pumpkin cupcake recipe will freeze well, just like a full pumpkin pie does. Wrap well and freeze for up to three months.
If you can’t find pumpkin pie spice in the store, you could use either cinnamon or a combination of cinnamon and nutmeg.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins with Sour Cream
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Toppings
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pie
- Texas Roadhouse Butter Recipe
- Turtle Cupcakes
- Cherry Cupcakes
- Cool Whip Frosting
- Fireball Cupcakes
- Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Roll Cookies
- Banana Cream Cheese Muffins
- Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
- Cake Mix Muffins
- Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Cherry Cobbler Muffins
- Cookie Monster Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Cupcakes
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- ⅛ cup cornstarch
- whipped cream and cinnamon, optional topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients except the cornstarch.
- In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients and the cornstarch.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, whisking only until the ingredients are incorporated. Do not over whisk the filling.
- Spray a muffin pan with non stick spray, or use only Baker’s Joy baking spray.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan, filling each ⅔ full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cupcakes sit in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove each cupcake from the pan and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- It is important to NOT use a handheld or stand mixer for this recipe.
- Paper liners tend to stick to these cupcakes so it is best to just spray your muffin pan really well instead.
- The extra hour in the fridge is needed to ensure the cupcakes are properly set.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to keep a close eye on your cupcakes as the suggested baking time approaches.