March 27, 2023Review Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Table of Contents
These decadent chocolate chip cheesecake bars are so easy to throw together and require only five ingredients. A chocolate chip cookie dough base is topped with creamy cheesecake filling and finished off with even more chocolate chip dough for a treat that will not disappoint.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
- 1 (16-ounce) roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (you can use your favorite kind for this)
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the creamiest cheesecake bars, make sure to use full-fat cream cheese.
Substitutions And Additions
COOKIE DOUGH: There are plenty of cookie dough flavors available. This cookies and cream cheesecake bars recipe would be fun to experiment with different flavors for the base.
MIX-INS AND TOPPINGS: How about mixing in more chocolate chips with your cheesecake mixture? Or sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips on top.
How To Make This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
STEP TWO: Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
STEP THREE: Spread ½ of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the baking dish.
STEP FOUR: Press the cookie dough layer down firmly in the bottom of the pan.
STEP FIVE: In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
For best results, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, or it may leave lumps in the cream cheese mixture.
STEP SIX: Beat in the sugar until combined.
STEP SEVEN: Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
STEP EIGHT: Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the cookie dough and spread evenly.
STEP NINE: Crumble the remaining cookie dough in an even layer over the top.
STEP TEN: Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
Try to keep an eye on it when it gets to the 30-minute mark and finish baking it to your liking. When the top cookie layer is starting to look lightly golden brown, you will know they are done.
STEP ELEVEN: Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
How To Serve This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Squares
Serve your yummy dessert bars on their own with a homemade pumpkin spice latte. For an even more indulgent treat, top a cookie bar with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and a drizzle of hot fudge.
For more amazing cookie bar recipes, check out our chocolate chip cookie bars and our five star bars.
MORE BARS RECIPES
Storing These Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars
IN THE FRIDGE: Store these chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container, to keep the cream cheese fresh. Plus, these bars taste amazing when they are chilled!
IN THE FREEZER: You can also freeze these cookie dough cheesecake bars for 3 months. Tightly cover the cheesecake bars in plastic wrap and then cover them in aluminum foil. Allow them to thaw before serving.
I’m a big fan of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars (and our chocolate chip cheesecake cookies, too!). They are easy and quick to make. The cream cheese filling makes them so creamy and soft, while the cookie crust bottom layer adds crunch and sweet flavor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This great recipe is the perfect make-ahead recipe. Store your chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars in the fridge or freezer longer-term until you are ready to serve them.
These delicious cheesecake bars can be frozen for up to three months.
These would be fun bars to experiment with. Try different flavors of cookie dough to change up the flavor of your cheesecake bars.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Doubletree Cookies
- Neiman Marcus Cookies
- Oreo Pie
- Lemon Lush
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Rolo Stuffed Brownies
- Cookie Dough Fudge
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- Buckeye Bars
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Rolo Fudge
- Christmas Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Pie
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecakes
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Banana Cheesecake Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Cherry Cheesecake Tacos
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1 roll chocolate chip cookie dough, refrigerated (16-ounce)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread ½ of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the baking dish and press down firmly.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Beat in the sugar until combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the filling on the top of the cookie dough base and spread it evenly.
- Crumble the rest of the cookie dough over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- For the creamiest cheesecake bars, make sure to use full-fat cream cheese.
- For best results, make sure your cream cheese is room temperature, or it may leave lumps in the cream cheese mixture.
- Try to keep an eye on it when it gets to the 30-minute mark and finish baking it to your liking. When the top cookie layer is starting to look lightly golden brown, you will know they are done.
Bethany Woodsome says
What size should the cookie dough roll be? I bought the only thing they had available at the grocery store. It was 30oz which seems big.
Layne Kangas says
Hi, Bethany – you’ll want 16-ounces for this recipe. You can easily freeze the other half of your cookie dough roll for later though. Enjoy!
Thank you for the timely reply! They came out delicious so I’ll just make them again very soon with the rest of the cookie dough! 🙂
Load More Comments