Last updated on
Grab our exclusive Lazy Cooking Bundle, 60% off now!
These chocolate chip cheesecake bars are so easy to throw together and require only four ingredients. If you’re a fan of cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies, these will not disappoint.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE
- 1 roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (you can use your favorite kind for this!)
- 1 package of cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F to allow it to heat up while you prepare things.
STEP TWO: Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. In the prepared dish, spread a little over ½ of the cookie dough onto the bottom, right over the top of the parchment paper. Make sure to press the cookie dough down firmly with your hands.
STEP THREE: Begin beating the cream cheese by itself until it’s light and fluffy. I use a stand mixer to do this!
STEP FOUR: Beat in the sugar until the two are well combined. Finally, beat in the egg and vanilla until the mixture is nice and smooth.
STEP FIVE: Pour this filling on the top of the cookie dough already in your dish. Spread it evenly over the cookie base.
STEP SIX: Crumble the rest of the cookie dough over the top of everything.
STEP SEVEN: Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
PRO TIP: Try to keep an eye on it when it gets to the 30 minute mark and finish baking it to your liking! When the top cookie layer is starting to look light golden brown, you will know they are done!
STEP EIGHT: Remove the bars from oven and allow them to cool.
STEP NINE: Once cooled completely, cut into bars and serve.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store these bars in the refrigerator, to keep the cream cheese. Plus, I just think these bars taste amazing when they are chilled! Most of my baking dishes have lids that fit on them, so I just pop the lid on and put them in the fridge.
I’m a big fan of these cookie bars. They are easy and quick to make. The cream cheese makes them so creamy and soft while the cookie part adds crunch and sweet flavor. I hope you’ll love them too!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1 roll chocolate chip cookie dough refrigerated
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread ½ of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Press down firmly.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with a stand mixer.
- Beat the sugar until combined.
- Beat the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour this filling on the top of the cookie dough.
- Spread over the cookie base.
- Crumble the rest the cookie dough over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven allow to cool.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.