September 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These decadent chocolate peanut butter brownies use a simple homemade brownie recipe with the addition of full-size creamy peanut butter cups in the center. A delicious twist on a classic chocolate brownie, this version is stuffed with nutty, buttery deliciousness.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies Ingredients
With each bite of these brownies, you’ll experience a perfect blend of gooey chocolate and the flavor of peanut butter.
The rich cocoa mixed with the nutty taste of peanut butter is simply divine.
And if it couldn’t get any better, these brownies are layered with decadent Reese’s peanut butter cups!
- ½ cup of salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 24 full-size chocolate peanut butter cups, unwrapped
Substitutions And Additions
PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: We like to use Reese’s peanut butter cups, but any brand will work just as well. Use 24 cups for fully-loaded brownies, or use fewer and space them out.
VANILLA EXTRACT: If you don’t have vanilla extract on hand, you could substitute it with maple syrup or leave it out altogether without too much difference to the taste of these chewy brownies.
COCOA POWDER: Instead of cocoa powder, you could use a third of a cup of melted, unsweetened baking chocolate and use two tablespoons less butter.
CHOPPED PEANUTS: Like a crunchy brownie? You could add a quarter cup of chopped nuts if you wish.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Add a quarter cup of milk, semi-sweet, or peanut butter chips to this great recipe for even more sweet goodness.
How To Make This Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe
Once you make the brownie batter, you will spread it in your pan before adding the middle layer of peanut butter cups. Top with more chocolatey batter and bake.
It will be hard to resist waiting until they are cool enough to enjoy!
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Allow the parchment paper to overhang the edges of the pan a little. This will make it easier to remove the brownies when they’re done.
STEP TWO: Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter and sugar.
STEP THREE: Add the vanilla extract and eggs, one egg at a time, beating well between each addition.
STEP FOUR: Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and beat until fully combined.
STEP FIVE: Spread half of the chocolate brownie batter across the bottom of the prepared pan.
The batter will be thick in texture, so spread it carefully to cover the entire pan.
STEP SIX: Press the chocolate peanut butter cups in an even layer into the brownie batter, forming neat rows.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the remaining brownie batter over the peanut butter cups and smooth evenly.
STEP EIGHT: Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
To check if the brownies are done, insert a toothpick in the center. It should come out clean with a few moist crumbs.
STEP NINE: Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely before using the edges of the parchment paper to carefully lift them out of the pan. Using a sharp knife, cut into pieces and serve.
How To Serve
You will satisfy your chocolate craving with these amazing homemade brownies. The peanut butter layer adds the next level of decadence when paired with rich chocolate.
Add a glass of milk and serve these as an after-school snack. For an extra decadent dessert, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to your plate too.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES
Whether you want to make them ahead of time or have some leftovers, we’ve got you covered with simple storage tips.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re planning to whip up these indulgent brownies in advance, you can easily do so! Simply follow the recipe as usual, let the brownies cool completely, and then slice them into squares.
Next, place the brownies in an airtight container, separating layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking. These delightful treats can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days, ensuring they remain moist and full of flavor.
AT ROOM TEMPERATURE: Chocolate and peanut butter brownies can be stored on the countertop in an airtight container for up to five days.
IN THE FREEZER: If you wish to freeze this gooey peanut butter brownie recipe, it’s easiest to do so before cutting them into individual servings.
Wrap the entire slab with plastic wrap, then foil, and it will keep for three months.
If you wish to freeze individual portions, you can place them in an airtight container. Add a sheet of parchment paper between each layer to prevent the brownies from sticking together.
Chocolate peanut butter brownies with cocoa powder and a layer of peanut butter cups are so easy to make that they’re great fun to bake with children. Soft, chewy, and fudgy, these brownies are a must-bake for peanut butter lovers.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can definitely freeze these homemade fudgy brownies. They should keep in the freezer for up to three months.
This easy brownie recipe will be fine on the counter for 3 to 4 days stored in a sealed container.
These brownies would be delicious with either ¼ cup of chocolate chips or nuts (or both) mixed in.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cosmic Brownies
- Reese’s Cheesecake
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Nutella Truffles
- No Bake Snickers Bar Pie
- Apple Slab Pie
- Vanilla Brownies
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Snickers Snack Cups
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Slutty Brownies
- Buckeye Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Lemon Brownies
- Sizzling Brownie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs
- Brownie in a Mug
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Christmas Brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Turtle Dessert
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
- Brownie Batter
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Mini Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- ½ cup salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 24 full-size chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch rectangular baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together melted butter and sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, adding one egg at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder then add to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Beat until fully combined.
- Spread half of the batter across the bottom of the prepared baking pan. The batter will be thick in texture and will need to be spread carefully to cover the entire pan.
- Nestle the chocolate peanut butter cups into the brownie batter, forming neat rows.
- Spread the remaining batter over the peanut butter cups and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The batter should be set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and allow brownies to cool completely in the pan.
- Brownies will lift easily from the pan by lifting on the edges of the parchment paper lining.
- Cut into pieces and serve!
- Allow the parchment paper to overhang the edges of the pan a little. This will make it easier to remove the brownies when they’re done.
- The batter will be thick in texture, so spread it carefully to cover the entire pan.
- To check if the brownies are done, insert a toothpick in the center. It should come out clean with a few moist crumbs.