October 23, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These delicious chocolate-covered strawberry brownies are a classic dessert with a strawberry surprise inside. They are topped with a rich chocolate ganache, and when you take your first bite of these chewy brownies, you get the sweet and fruity taste of a fresh strawberry inside.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies Ingredients
This chocolate strawberry brownies recipe combines fudgy brownies with sweet, tangy fresh strawberries and a velvety chocolate ganache.
The brownie base is dense and chocolatey, while the strawberries add natural sweetness and tartness.
The chocolate ganache completes the ensemble, creating a delightful treat.
- 1 box of brownie mix, plus ingredients listed on the box to make the brownies (typically eggs, oil, and water)
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries, rinsed with stems removed and halved
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips or high-quality chocolate bar
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Substitutions And Additions
BROWNIE MIX: You can use any brand of brownie mix that you prefer and any flavor variation for the brownie base.
Some of the flavor options include fudge, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or triple fudge.
STRAWBERRIES: You definitely want to use fresh strawberries for this chocolate-covered strawberry brownies recipe, not frozen.
Keep in mind that once the strawberries are washed and cut, they don’t keep well, so these are best eaten the same day. After 24 hours, the strawberries are pretty soggy.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: You can use any type of chocolate chips or chocolate bar that you like. You could use milk or dark chocolate.
Also, if you are using a brownie mix that has a double or triple chocolate flavor, these mixes will often include chocolate chips in their mix.
How To Make This Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownie Recipe
The beauty of this recipe is that it starts with a boxed brownie mix. Once they are baked, top with the layer of strawberries and chocolate ganache for a decadent treat.
You could either line the pan with parchment paper or spray it with non-stick spray. Lining the pan with parchment paper will allow you to lift the entire baked brownies out of the pan for easier cutting once cooled. You can also grease the pan instead if you would prefer.
STEP ONE: Prepare brownie batter and bake brownies in an 8×8 square baking dish according to the package instructions. Cool completely.
Do not over-bake the brownies so that you make sure they are yummy and fudgy.
STEP TWO: Rinse strawberries, then remove stems and slice in half.
STEP THREE: Arrange strawberry halves in an even layer over the top of the cooled brownies.
STEP FOUR: Place chocolate chips or chopped baking bar into a glass microwave-safe bowl.
STEP FIVE: Heat heavy cream in the microwave for approximately one to two minutes until steaming but not boiling.
STEP SIX: Pour cream over the chocolate and place a plate over the top of the bowl to trap the heat. Let it sit for three to four minutes.
STEP SEVEN: Remove the lid from the bowl and whisk the melted chocolate and hot cream mixture until it is smooth and glossy.
STEP EIGHT: Pour the chocolate ganache over the strawberries and brownies. Use a spatula to spread the ganache to cover the strawberries completely.
STEP NINE: Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
STEP TEN: Use a hot knife to slice the brownies.
How To Serve Chocolate Strawberry Brownies
This decadent dessert is just as irresistible as a chocolate-covered strawberry. If you are a fan of the chocolate strawberry combination, you’ll be eager to gobble this up for dessert.
For an extra rich treat, serve with a scoop of no-churn vanilla ice cream on the side.
Pair a brownie square with a steaming cup of your favorite coffee or pumpkin spice latte.
If you are looking for another unique and delicious brownie recipe, be sure to try our peanut butter brownies.
On the other hand, if you’re hoping to use more strawberries in your baking, you will want to try out this strawberry delight.
MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES
Here’s a guide to help you enjoy your brownies at their best, whether you’re planning to make them ahead, store leftovers, or save some for later.
MAKE AHEAD: After baking and allowing them to cool completely, tightly wrap the brownies in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Store them in the fridge for up to two days. This way, you can have a delightful treat ready to enjoy without the stress of last-minute baking.
IN THE FRIDGE: These gooey brownies are the best if eaten on the same day.
However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can keep brownies in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Why We Love This Recipe
We adore these brownies for plenty of reasons, including:
FLAVOR FUSION: This recipe combines the rich, indulgent taste of brownies with fresh strawberries. The result is a delightful flavor fusion that tantalizes your taste buds with every bite.
DECADENT TEXTURE: The brownies in this recipe are wonderfully dense, fudgy, and chewy, offering a satisfying contrast to the juicy and tender strawberries.
EASY TO MAKE: This recipe is perfect for both novice and experienced bakers. It starts with a brownie mix for simplicity, and the step-by-step instructions ensure that anyone can create these delectable treats with ease.
It’s hard to believe that this tasty chocolate covered strawberry brownies recipe only requires four ingredients. These fudgy brownies stuffed with strawberry filling and topped with an easy chocolate ganache are great for a dessert to enjoy at home or to share with friends or co-workers. Everyone loves brownies!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These easy chocolate strawberry brownies will freeze for up to three months in an airtight container.
If you have a favorite brownie recipe, you can whip that up for the brownie layer instead of the boxed mix.
Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or semisweet chocolate will all work for the ganache topping in this recipe.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Dr Pepper Brownies
- Egg White Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Vanilla Brownies
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- Coconut Brownies
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Slutty Brownies
- Buckeye Brownies
- Strawberry Shortcake Brownies
- Marshmallow Fudge
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Lemon Brownies
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Rolo Stuffed Brownies
- Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Christmas Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs
- Sizzling Brownie
- Brownie Batter
- French Silk Brownies
- Brownie in a Mug
- Strawberry Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Puddles
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients listed on box to make the brownies (typically eggs, oil, and water)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed with stems removed and halved
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, or high quality chocolate bar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare and bake brownies in an 8×8 square baking dish according to the package instructions. Cool completely.
- Rinse strawberries then remove stems and slice in half.
- Arrange strawberry halves over the top of the cooled brownies.
- Place chocolate, if using a chocolate bar, chop into small pieces, into a glass mixing bowl.
- Heat heavy whipping cream in the microwave for approximately 1 to 2 minutes until steaming, but not boiling.
- Pour cream over the chocolate and place a plate over the top of the bowl to trap the heat. Let sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the bowl and whisk the chocolate and cream mixture until it is smooth and glossy.
- Pour the ganache over the strawberries and brownies. Use a spatula to spread the ganache to cover the strawberries completely.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
- You could either line the pan with parchment paper or spray it with non-stick spray. Lining the pan with parchment paper will allow you to lift the entire baked brownies out of the pan for easier cutting once cooled. You can also grease the pan instead if you would prefer.
- Do not over-bake the brownies so that you make sure they are yummy and fudgy.