October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Peanut butter brownies are a gooey salty-sweet combination of decadent chocolate and rich, nutty peanut butter. These indulgent fudgy homemade brownies add chopped peanut butter cups and a peanut butter swirl to the made-from-scratch brownie batter.
Peanut Butter Brownies Ingredients
- 1½ cups of milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- ½ cup of chopped peanut butter cups
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of creamy peanut butter
Refrigerating peanut butter cups for 10 minutes makes them much easier to chop.
Substitutions And Additions
CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER: Crunchy peanut butter can be used instead of smooth peanut butter in this easy brownie recipe.
Avoid natural-style nut butter as the oil may separate during baking and make the texture of the brownies dry and crumbly.
MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS: You can also use dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips in these peanut butter and chocolate brownies.
You could also take this chewy brownie up another level by adding in some peanut butter chips as well.
How To Make This Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
STEP TWO: Microwave the chocolate chips and oil in a small heat-safe bowl for 45 seconds. Stir and heat for ten seconds more.
Stir until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
STEP THREE: Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
STEP FOUR: In another bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, and milk.
STEP FIVE: Whisk the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, then stir in the melted chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
STEP SIX: Toss the peanut butter cups in one tablespoon of flour until they are evenly coated. Fold them gently into the batter.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Tossing the peanut butter cups in flour helps them stay suspended in the batter rather than sinking to the bottom of the pan.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the batter in an even layer in the prepared pan.
STEP EIGHT: With a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop the peanut butter on top of the chocolate brownie batter and swirl with a knife.
Bake for 30 minutes, until the edges are crisp and the middle is set.
Be careful to not over swirl the peanut butter so that you’ll get the thick, yummy swirls we’re showing.
STEP NINE: Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Even though the thought of warm, gooey brownies fresh from the oven sounds amazing, warm brownies are impossible to cut into squares. Speed up the cooling process by putting them in the freezer for half an hour.
Once they are cool, use a sharp knife and sawing motion to cut them, wiping the knife clean after each cut. A few seconds in the microwave will bring the brownies back to warm, fudgy perfection.
How To Serve Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
These chewy peanut butter brownies are rich enough on their own.
Storing Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
IN THE FRIDGE: Cover the pan tightly with a lid or plastic wrap, or store in an airtight container for up to four days.
IN THE FREEZER: Wrap brownies individually in plastic and store them in a freezer bag for up to three months.
These rich chocolate peanut butter brownies are so easy to make and are extra delicious; perfect to satisfy any chocolate craving. Our homemade batter is loaded with peanut butter cups and swirls of peanut butter for an indulgent dessert. This is the best brownie recipe any peanut butter fan could ask for!
Frequently Asked Questions
We don’t recommend using natural peanut butter in this recipe as the oil may separate during baking and change the texture of the brownies.
These peanut butter swirl brownies will last for up to three months stored in the freezer.
Any type of chocolate would make these brownies taste amazing. Experiment and decide which is your favorite.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cookie Cups
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Peanut Butter Ball
- Disneyland Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Bars
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Chocolate Easter Eggs (Peanut Butter)
- No Bake Snickers Bar Pie
- Snickers Snack Cups
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Vanilla Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownie Bombs
- Brownie Batter
- Sizzling Brownie
- Snickers Brownies
- Lemon Brownies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Homemade Nutter Butters
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Slutty Brownies
- Buckeye Brownies
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Christmas Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Brownie in a Mug
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Brownies with Rolos
- French Silk Brownies
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch nonstick baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a heat-safe small bowl, add the chocolate chips and the oil. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir the chips and oil, return to the microwave, and heat for another 10 seconds. Stir until the chips and oil are smooth. Set it aside.
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, and milk. Add to the flour mixture. Now add the melted chips and stir until the batter is just combined.
- Toss the chopped peanut butter cups with 1 tablespoon of flour. Fold the coated chopped peanut butter cups into the batter and mix just until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Using a 1 to 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop or a regular tablespoon, dollop the peanut butter on top of the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the peanut butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting.
- Refrigerating peanut butter cups for 10 minutes makes them much easier to chop.
- Tossing the peanut butter cups in flour helps them stay suspended in the batter rather than sinking to the bottom of the pan.
- Be careful to not over-swirl the peanut butter so that you’ll get the thick, yummy swirls we’re showing.
- Even though the thought of warm, gooey brownies fresh from the oven sounds amazing, warm brownies are impossible to cut into squares. Speed up the cooling process by putting them in the freezer for half an hour. Once they are cool, use a sharp knife and sawing motion to cut them, wiping the knife clean after each cut. A few seconds in the microwave will bring the brownies back to warm, fudgy perfection.