This s’mores bars recipe transforms a campfire treat into a tasty dessert bar. They’re made from layers of graham cracker crust, melted chocolate, and fluffy marshmallows, all baked in the oven for a gooey treat. These are perfect for when you want a taste of summer without going camping.
S’mores Bars Ingredients
You will need:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 – 12 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 Hershey’s Chocolate Bars (4.4 oz bars)
- 1 package mini marshmallows (10 oz)
How to Make S’mores Bars:
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13” pan with non-stick butter spray.
STEP 2: In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter with a spoon.
PRO TIP: When adding the melted butter to the crust, slowly add it a little bit at a time to prevent it from pooling. If you find that your mixture is too wet (each brand of graham crackers will absorb the butter slightly differently), add a few extra graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar to get the right consistency. The mixture should be moist, but not wet and should stick together as you press it into your pan.
STEP 3: Place mixture in the bottom of the baking pan. Distribute the mixture evenly and press down and firmly with your fingers to “pack it” along the bottom and sides of the pan.
STEP 4: Place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 5-8 minutes, until the sides begin to bake to golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool.
STEP 5: Lay the Hershey’s bars on top of the graham cracker mixture, covering all of the graham crackers as much as possible.
STEP 6: Place the pan back in the oven for approximately 3 minutes, until the chocolate just begins to melt and gets shiny.
STEP 7: Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 1 – 2 minutes. Place marshmallows on top of the chocolate, packing them in closely next to each other.
STEP 8: Turn your oven to broil, put the pan in the oven, and keep a close eye on your s’mores bars! The bars should broil for about 2 minutes, or until they begin to brown. Be careful not to overcook the bars.
STEP 9: Remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool completely. Cut and serve.
PRO TIP: To cut your s’mores bars, use a sharp knife and run in under hot water before cutting. This will help to cut neatly through the sticky marshmallows.
Tips for The Best S’mores Bars
These bars are super easy to make, but here’s a couple extra tips to make sure your bars come out the best possible every time:
- Watch your bars while they broil: when you put your bars into the oven for their last cooking time, don’t take your eyes off of them! Every oven cooks differently, and some will cook faster than others. Watch for a slight browning of your bars and then take them out of the oven — the marshmallows will quickly turn from brown to burnt.
- Making the perfect crust: If you find that you’re having trouble getting the right consistency for your crust, refer to the above images of the crust in this post. Add more graham crackers or powdered sugar until your crust sticks together and reaches the desired consistency.
- When creating layers: try to have each layer (chocolate bars and marshmallows) as flat as possible. It’s OK if the layers aren’t perfect, but keeping them flat and even will help create bars that bake evenly.
Every bite of these s’mores bars is filled with gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate and crunchy graham crackers. They’re an addicting treat that will make you feel like you’re sharing dessert around the campfire.
MORE EASY DESSERTS YOU’LL LOVE