Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Extra-large means extra delicious with these over-the-top S’mores Stuffed Cookies. Soft, chewy, and stuffed with chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows, s’mores cookies are a fun twist on the campfire classic treat.
INGREDIENTS FOR S’MORES STUFFED COOKIES
You will need:
- 1 ⅓ cups of salted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 3 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 large marshmallows
- 6 Hershey’s milk chocolate bars (1.55 oz each)
- 1 sleeve of Honey Maid graham crackers
INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS & ADDITIONS
GRAHAM CRACKERS: If graham crackers aren’t available in your country, the nearest thing to use would be digestive biscuits.
CHOCOLATE: While we love the creaminess of Hershey’s milk chocolate, any brand of chocolate will do. You could even try dark or white chocolate if you prefer.
FUDGE: Adding small fudge pieces in place of some of the chocolate chips gives an extra layer of deliciousness.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED S’MORES COOKIES
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, place the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix with a hand mixer until creamy. Next, add the eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
STEP THREE: In another large bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
STEP FOUR: Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture. Beat together until well combined. Add in the chocolate chips and mix in with a large spoon. Place into the refrigerator.
STEP FIVE: Cut each marshmallow in half. Break the chocolate bars and graham crackers into roughly half inch pieces.
STEP SIX: To make each cookie, flatten three tablespoons of cookie dough into a circle. Layer graham cracker pieces, chocolate bar pieces and then marshmallow on top. Add another three-tablespoon flattened piece of cookie dough to the top. Form it into a ball shape.
STEP SEVEN: Repeat the step above for each cookie, then place them on to the lined baking sheets, spaced at least two inches apart. Place into the refrigerator for fifteen to twenty minutes before baking.
STEP EIGHT: Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for nine to eleven minutes. All the marshmallow in the middle should be melted and the cookie starting to turn golden brown. Let sit for two to three minutes before serving.
STORING THIS RECIPE
IN THE FRIDGE
S’mores stuffed cookies taste best when they’re still warm from the oven, but you can store them in an airtight container for up to a week. For fresh cookies every time, you can keep cookie dough in the refrigerator for up to three days before baking it.
IN THE FREEZER
You can freeze s’mores cookies for up to three months if needed. However, marshmallow never freezes particularly well and it may become very chewy.
TIPS FOR MAKING This S’mores cookie recipe
- Your cookie dough needs to be very cold when it goes into the oven. This will prevent the marshmallows from overheating and melting into nothing.
- Look out for six packs of Hersey’s milk chocolate bars which are cheaper than buying them individually
- This recipe makes a lot of large cookies. You could use half of everything if you don’t want as many.
These oversized s’mores stuffed cookies are easy and fun to make. The soft cookies, toasted marshmallows, melted chocolate and graham crackers taste like they are straight off the campfire. You’ll never want to make plain old chocolate chip cookies again!
More Dessert REcipes You’Ll Love
S’mores Stuffed Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 24 large marshmallows cut in half
- 6- 1.55 oz regular sized Hershey's Chocolate Bar broken into pieces
- 1 sleeve honey graham crackers broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined and fluffy.
- In another large bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Beat together until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and use a large spoon to gently combine.
- Refrigerate cookie dough while you are preparing the S’mores ingredients.
- Cut marshmallows in half. Break chocolate bars into rectangles, and then break the rectangles into smaller pieces. Break graham crackers into rectangles, and then into smaller pieces. You want everything to be small so it will fit into a cookie ball and not be too tall right in the middle of the cookie.
- Scoop up about 3 tbsp cookie dough and flatten into a round circle. Layer graham cracker pieces, chocolate bar pieces, and the marshmallow on top. Add another 3 tbsp flattened piece of cookie dough to the top and form into a ball. Repeat steps making sure to space cookies out about 2 inches from each other.
- Place the baking sheet with un-baked S’mores cookies in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before baking. Remove from the refrigerator and place immediately in the oven.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes, or until the marshmallow in the middle is melted and the cookie is starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 2-3 minutes before serving.