November 15, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
These cream cheese chocolate chip cookies are a decadent combination of two of the most popular desserts. If you’re a fan of cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies, this easy and unique cookie recipe will not disappoint.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
These delicious cookies have a unique blend of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
The tangy flavor of the cream cheese perfectly complements the sweet, chocolatey goodness of the chips, making each bite a heavenly experience.
Not only are they incredibly tasty, but they also have a soft and chewy texture that simply melts in your mouth.
- 2¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 8 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Substitutions And Additions
VANILLA: You can use clear or dark vanilla extract. Using clear vanilla helps to keep the white color in the cream cheese mixture. Using dark vanilla may give it a bit of a tint.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: If you want to get creative with this recipe, you could use any type of chocolate chip.
White chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips would all be wonderful to try out.
NUTS: To introduce a delightful crunch and nutty flavor, consider adding chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to your cookie dough.
Nuts can provide a satisfying contrast to the creamy texture of the cookies.
Use an equal amount as specified for chocolate chips, and remember to consider any nut allergies when sharing your cookies.
DRIED FRUITS: To add a fruity twist, consider folding in dried fruits like raisins, cranberries, or chopped dried apricots into the cookie dough.
These additions can provide a burst of sweetness and chewiness that complements the chocolate and cream cheese.
How To Make This Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This cookie batter will come together in no time, following our instructions below. Bake them until they are golden, and dig in!
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Set the bowl aside.
STEP TWO: In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl and an electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese at medium to medium-high for 1 to 1½ minutes.
Using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
The cream cheese and butter should be at room temperature and only softened, not melted.
STEP THREE: Add the white sugar, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
Beat at medium speed until the butter and sugar are mixed (about 1½ to 2 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
STEP FOUR: At low speed, add the egg to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until no yellow streaks from the eggs are visible. Keep scraping down the sides of the bowl.
STEP FIVE: Continue with the mixer at low speed, and slowly add the dry ingredients, half a cup at a time, until the flour mixture is well incorporated.
STEP SIX: Using a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
STEP SEVEN: Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Don’t skip the chilling step. Chilling cookie dough minimizes spreading so that your cookies don’t turn out flat.
STEP EIGHT: Before removing the cookie dough from the fridge, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
STEP NINE: Using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough.
Gently roll the dough into a ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Space the cookie dough balls two inches apart.
STEP TEN: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your cookies at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
STEP ELEVEN: Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for one to two minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
How To Serve
You will find the wonderful texture of these cookies utterly irresistible.
Add a cold glass of milk or homemade pumpkin spice latte on the side to wash these decadent cookies down.
Perhaps you could try a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side for a delightful combination of warm and cold.
If you enjoy these perfect cookies, be sure to try the bar version with these chocolate chip cheesecake bars.
Another classic cookie recipe we love is this chocolate chip shortbread cookies recipe. They melt in your mouth!
MORE COOKIES RECIPES
Storing Chocolate Chip Cookies With Cream Cheese
It’s always a great idea to have cookies in the freezer to have for a treat later. These treats are a great choice for keeping on hand.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’d like to get a head start on your cookie baking, you can prepare the dough ahead of time.
After you’ve mixed the cookie dough, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
When you’re ready to bake, simply scoop out the dough and bake the cookies as directed in the recipe.
IN THE FRIDGE: Be sure the cookies are completely cooled before storing them.
Place them in an airtight container and store them at room temperature, or in the fridge if you prefer.
IN THE FREEZER: You can store these chocolate chip cream cheese cookies in the freezer in a Ziploc bag or airtight container for up to three months.
Why We Love This Recipe
INCREDIBLY CREAMY TEXTURE: These cookies have a luscious, creamy texture that sets them apart from traditional chocolate chip cookies.
FLAVOR HARMONY: The combination of rich cream cheese and semisweet chocolate chips offers a delightful balance of sweetness and creaminess.
QUICK AND EASY PREP: With simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, this recipe is accessible to both novice and experienced bakers.
Everyone loves these cream cheese chocolate chip cookies. The secret ingredient of cream cheese makes them so soft and creamy, while the cookie part adds a chocolatey, gooey, and sweet flavor. No need to choose between making a batch of regular chocolate chip cookies or dessert anymore!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This cream cheese cookie recipe would be yummy with the addition of nuts. Add half a cup for a bit of crunch.
These chewy cream cheese cookies can be frozen for up to three months.
You can pick any type of chocolate chip you’d like for these tasty cookies.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Reese’s Cheesecake
- Chocolate Bread
- Chocolate Easter Eggs (Coconut Cream)
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Set the bowl aside.
- Using a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl and an electric handheld mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium to medium-high speed, for 1 to 1½ minutes. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the sugars, salt, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until the butter and sugar are mixed (1½ to 2 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- On low speed, add the egg. Mix until no yellow streaks from the eggs are visible. Keep scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Continue the mixer on low speed, and slowly add the flour mixture half a cup at a time just until the flour mixture is well incorporated.
- Using a large wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
- Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before removing the cookie dough from the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough. Gently roll the dough into a ball and place it on the cookie sheet. Space the dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- The cream cheese and butter should be at room temperature and only softened, not melted.
- Don’t skip the chilling step. Chilling cookie dough minimizes spreading so that your cookies don’t turn out flat.
- Oven temperatures vary and may need to be recalibrated periodically to ensure they are accurate. Make sure to check your cookies at the lower end of the recommended baking time.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Lemon Raspberry Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Turtle Cookies
- Molasses Cookies
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookies
- Butterscotch Delight
- Chocolate Chip Cake