Table of Contents
When it comes to no-bake desserts, this delicious chocolate pudding pie is the best! This simple recipe is made with just 4 ingredients to make a creamy, chocolate pie that is the perfect ending to any meal.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE INGREDIENTS
- 1 box (5.85 ounces) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 pre-made 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8-ounce tub of whipped cream
- 2% milk (as called for on pudding box)
- 1 regular sized Hershey’s chocolate bar (optional for garnish)
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
CRUST: For true chocolate addicts, try using an Oreo crust, chocolate cookie crust, or one that is made of chocolate graham crackers in place of graham crackers for an even more indulgent dessert.
MILK: Most pudding mixes call for milk, I like to use 2% or whole milk because it makes the filling of the pie extra rich and creamy. You could also use other types of milk, based on your preference.
WHIPPED CREAM: You could use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip if you prefer in this easy chocolate pudding pie.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE RECIPE
It’s highly recommended to make this simple dessert a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and makes it easier to cut into slices.
STEP ONE: In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, prepare your instant chocolate pudding mix by following the directions on the back of the box.
STEP TWO: Pour a little less than half of your chocolate pudding into the bottom of your graham cracker pie crust.
While not required, I’d recommend setting your premade pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate to give it a bit of extra stability on the bottom.
STEP THREE: In the mixing bowl, mix the remaining ½ of your chocolate pudding with ½ of the whipped cream and stir them together well. Then, add this chocolate pudding filling as the next layer of the pie.
STEP FOUR: Add the last ½ of the remaining un-mixed whipped cream to the top of the pie, and smooth out the top.
STEP FIVE: Using a potato peeler to make chocolate shavings from the Hershey’s chocolate bar to add to the top of your pie as a garnish.
STEP SIX: Refrigerate the chocolate pudding pie for at least 1 hour to let it set and firm up a bit, before serving. When ready, just remove from the fridge, cut into slices and enjoy!
Don’t skip the chilling step as you need to give the pie and filling time to set.
HOW TO SERVE
Enjoy this classic chocolate pudding pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and a drizzle of chocolate fudge on top for an extra decadent dessert. If you are a chocoholic, you could add a mug of Instant Pot hot chocolate on the side.
IN THE FRIDGE: Using a pre-made pie shell makes for very easy storage of the homemade chocolate pudding pie. Simply snap the lid on top and place it in the fridge. It is important that you store the leftover pie in the fridge between servings, or the pie filling can melt and it won’t firm up in the same shape again.
This easy no-bake recipe makes the best chocolate pudding pie. Creamy pudding mousse and whipped cream top a graham cracker crust for the perfect blend of texture and decadent flavors. It is sure to be a family favorite and the hardest part will be waiting for it to chill!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This easy recipe can be frozen for up to a month covered in plastic wrap.
This chocolate pie recipe would work with a homemade crust as well. Just buy graham cracker crumbs or blend graham crackers in the food processor. Add melted butter, press into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F before proceeding with the recipe.
You could substitute an oreo cookie crust for an extra dose of chocolate in this easy chocolate pie.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- No bake Pumpkin Pie
- Arkansas Possum Pie
Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 5.85 ounces instant chocolate pudding
- 1 pre-made 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 8 ounces whipped cream
- 2% milk as called for on pudding box
- 1 regular sized Hershey's Chocolate Bar
- Prepare the instant chocolate pudding per package directions.
- Pour a little less than half of your chocolate pudding into the bottom of your graham cracker pie crust.
- Mix the remaining pudding with ½ of the whipped cream and stir well. Add as the next layer of pie.
- Add ½ of the remaining whipped cream to the top of the pie.
- Using a potato peeler, shave off chocolate pieces to add to the top of your pie.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more. Serve and enjoy!