May 17, 2023Review Recipe
Chocolate Brownie Bundt Cake
Table of Contents
This chocolate brownie cake takes everyone’s favorite chocolate cake and adds brownie mix to create a divine combination! Rich fudge brownie mix is blended with chocolate cake batter to make this unbelievably decadent chocolate dessert. For more great chocolate desserts, try our mayo cake or our hot fudge sundae cake.
Brownie Cake Recipe Ingredients
For The Cake
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box of chocolate cake mix (Any chocolate cake mix should do. I always use Betty Crocker – it has pudding in the mix.)
- 1 (18.3-ounce) box of fudge brownie mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups of water
- 1 cup of vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could use any milk or dark chocolate
For the Ganache
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Substitutions and Additions
MAYONNAISE: You can use Greek Yogurt as a mayo substitute. It has the same tangy taste and texture as mayo.
TOPPINGS: You can use sprinkles to top this chocolate Bundt cake if you desire.
CAKE AND BROWNIE MIX: We love using the Ghirardelli brownie mix or Duncan Hines moist cake mix for this chocolate cake!
How To Make Chocolate Brownie Cake Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 350°F.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl combine the box of cake mix, the box of brownie mix, eggs, water, oil, and mayonnaise. Stir or mix these ingredients with an electric mixer until it’s well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and keep stirring until they are well mixed in.
STEP THREE: Lightly spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with a non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter in evenly.
Please note that it is very important that you are using a 12-cup Bundt pan for this recipe. If you are using a smaller pan, it will take longer than the indicated time to cook.
STEP FOUR: Bake your cake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the cake clean, or with just a few crumbs.
STEP FIVE: Cool your cake for 10 to 15 minutes and remove it from the Bundt pan to cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
Carefully run a rubber spatula around the sides and center of the Bundt pan before removing the cake to help it come out cleanly. Place a cooling rack on top of the Bundt pan and then invert it to remove the cake from the pan.
STEP SIX: When the cake is cooled, prepare the ganache.
STEP SEVEN: To start your ganache, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan or in a microwave-safe container until it’s steaming.
Don’t allow your cream to boil! When it’s steaming, it’s ready.
STEP EIGHT: Pour the cream over the chocolate chips in a small bowl.
STEP NINE: Cover your chocolate with a plate for 2 to 3 minutes to contain the heat and allow the chocolate chips to soften.
STEP TEN: Whisk until the melted chocolate mixture forms a smooth, glossy ganache.
STEP ELEVEN: Pour the ganache over the cake and serve.
Place a clean baking sheet under the wire cooling rack before pouring the ganache over so that the drips are caught for easy cleanup.
How To Serve Brownie Cake
Add a scoop of our no-churn vanilla ice cream to your chocolate fudge brownie cake. This rich chocolate cake is ideal for a special occasion, especially if you are celebrating a chocolate lover.
MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES
How To Serve Brownie Bundt Cake
IN THE FRIDGE: You can keep your leftover cake in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: Freeze your ultimate brownie cake in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 month. Make sure to thaw your cake in the fridge before eating! Keep in mind, your ganache won’t freeze as well as the cake.
You’ll Love This Chocolate Brownie Cake Recipe
This delectable chocolate brownie cake is a rich, moist cake drizzled in a thick chocolate ganache. Combine the flavor of classic brownies with moist cake batter to make this amazing double-chocolate dessert.
Brownie Cake Mix Recipe FAQ
This great recipe could be made in a regular pan if you don’t have any Bundt cake pans but keep in mind that you will have to adjust the amount of time the cake bakes.
You can freeze your chocolate brownie cake for up to one month.
If you prefer different frosting, you are more than welcome to replace the ganache with frosting or buttercream. It will be just as decadent and delicious.
The difference between chocolate cake and brownie cake is that the brownie cake tends to be denser, while the chocolate cake will be fluffier due to the differences in ingredient quantities.
A cake mix will contain more leavener to make it rise and become fluffy and airy, while a brownie mix contains very little, resulting in a denser cake.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- No-Churn Brownie Ice Cream
- Chocolate Trifle
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
- Strawberry Trifle
- Caramel Brownies
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Vanilla Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
- Coconut Brownies
- Strawberry Shortcake Brownies
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Christmas Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Brownie in a Mug
- Vanilla Trifle
- Carnival Cruise Line Lava Cake
- Lemon Brownies
- Watermelon Cake
For the Cake
- 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix (Any chocolate cake mix should do. I always use Betty Crocker – it has pudding in the mix. I used Triple Chocolate Chunk variety for this.)
- 18.3 ounces fudge brownie mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil, or canola oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could use milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
For the Ganache
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chocolate cake mix, brownie mix, eggs, water, oil, and mayonnaise. Stir or mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread batter evenly into a bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, or with just a few crumbs.
- Cool cake for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from bundt pan to cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack.
- When cake is cooled, prepare ganache.
- Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan or in a microwave-safe container until steaming.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Cover with a plate for 2 to 3 minutes to contain the heat and allow the chocolate chips to soften.
- Whisk until the mixture forms a smooth, glossy ganache.
- Pour ganache over cake and serve.
- Please note that it is very important that you are using a 12-cup bundt pan for this recipe. If you are using a smaller pan, it will take longer than the indicated time to cook.
- Carefully run a rubber spatula around the sides and center of the bundt pan before removing the cake to help it come out cleanly. Place a cooling rack on top of the bundt pan and then invert it to remove the cake from the pan.
- Don’t allow your cream for the ganache to boil! When it’s steaming, it’s ready.
- Place a clean baking sheet under the wire cooling rack before pouring the ganache over so that the drips are caught for easy cleanup.
Looks fantastic. Will get back to you when I make it for my family.
Suzanne Melson says
Just made it for the second time….cover dish tomorrow….told all my friends how good it was and they asked me to bring….made it for myself for Mothers Day….I have a house full of men…so I treated myself…put in frig after a couple of days…BILs came to town and ate on it for at least four days…you will not be disappointed!
This chocolate cake looks delicious!
I must make this for a great tasting dessert. Looks very rich and something that would go good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Made this cake for my husband who loves chocolate. It was delicious and easy to make. Look forward to making another one.
Looks and sounds delicious. I would serve with some fresh raspberries and whipped cream. I be making it soon.
Hannah H says
I made this for a family get together and it was an immediate hit. I have been asked to bring this cake to many occasions since. I typically double the ganache and accent with strawberries or raspberries. Delicious!
Have been making this cake for 5 years. Found same recipe on Pinterest back then and always a hit with everyone. Saw this, made it and was just as good. Only thing different was the addition of mayonnaise in it in this one. This was delicious. Love Easy delicious recipes, Especially Chocolate ones!!
BIG HIT at a party last night. Will be making this cake for a long time and many celebrations!!!!♥️
Esmeralda G says
This cake was so good and very easy. My husband loved it. It tasted just like a brownie but was moist and fluffy like a cake and the ganache was so creamy and delicious. Thank you for this recipe, definitely going to make it again!
Load More Comments