November 3, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Crispy, spicy, and ready for pumpkin spice season, our baked pumpkin spice Chex mix is a delicious and addictive snack. The crunchy cereal mix is blended with a touch of spicy cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and a little sweetness to make this the perfect fall treat.
Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix Ingredients
This snack mix combines pumpkin Cheerios and cinnamon Chex mix for the cereal base, while pretzels, almonds, and pecans add crunch and nuttiness.
Mini marshmallows and white chocolate chips provide creaminess, enhanced by a blend of spices.
The mixture is bound together with honey, maple syrup, and melted butter, resulting in a delightful treat.
- 4 cups of pumpkin Cheerios
- 4 cups of cinnamon Chex mix
- 2 cups of pretzels, salted
- 1½ cups of almonds, sliced
- 1½ cups of pecans, chopped
- 1½ cups of mini marshmallows
- ½ cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup of honey
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
Substitutions And Additions
MIX-INS: There are plenty of different mix-ins you can add.
Chocolate chips, coconut, toffee bits, dried fruit, and nuts are all great options.
Try adding caramel chips to this easy recipe for a fun twist and to really boost up the fall flavor.
CHEX: If you can’t find cinnamon Chex cereal at the grocery store, you can substitute classic Chex for it.
SWEETENERS: If you’re looking for other sweetener options, you can substitute the honey and maple syrup with agave nectar or brown rice syrup.
CINNAMON: If you want to switch up the spice profile of your pumpkin spice Chex mix, consider using alternatives like apple pie spice or even chai spice mix.
These substitutions can give your mix a unique twist while maintaining that cozy, warm flavor.
Just keep in mind that the intensity of these spices may vary, so adjust the quantity to your taste.
How To Make This Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix Recipe
Let’s have a look at the easy steps for mixing up this irresistible snack.
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
STEP TWO: In an extra-large bowl, mix together Cheerios, Chex mix, pretzels, almonds, pecans, mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice.
When making a Chex mix, make sure to use your largest mixing bowl.
STEP THREE: In a small bowl, whisk together honey, maple syrup, and melted butter.
STEP FOUR: Pour the Chex mix on the baking sheet and spread out evenly in a single layer.
Try to lay it out in a single layer as best you can so it can cool and harden once baked and not stick together.
If you need to speed up the process, you can put your baking sheets in the refrigerator.
STEP FIVE: Drizzle honey syrup over Chex mix and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven once the marshmallows have started to toast.
STEP SIX: Let Chex mix cool for five minutes before placing it in a bowl.
Don’t overmix once you transfer the mix to the bowl; chunks in this recipe are part of the fun. You also don’t want to break the Chex cereal.
How To Serve
Enjoy this sweet snack anytime you have the munchies. The delicious pumpkin spice flavor is a great addition to family gatherings during the holiday season.
Add a big bowl of this pumpkin pie spice Chex mix treat on the table at Halloween parties, Thanksgiving, or other holiday parties.
Enjoy a cozy evening by sipping on hot apple cider alongside your pumpkin spice Chex mix.
For a true pumpkin spice experience, pair your mix with a homemade pumpkin spice latte.
Now that you’ve made the pumpkin spice Chex mix, it’s important to know how to store it properly to keep those delightful flavors intact.
MAKE AHEAD: You can prepare your Chex mix a few days in advance. Just ensure it has cooled completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
Store it in a cool, dry place until you’re ready to enjoy it.
AT ROOM TEMPERATURE: You can store the pumpkin spice snack mix in an airtight container or in gallon-size bags.
Store at room temperature for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store homemade Chex mix in an airtight plastic bag and place in the freezer for up to four weeks.
Why We Love This Recipe
EASY TO MAKE: Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is incredibly straightforward. The step-by-step instructions make it a breeze to create a tasty treat.
PLENTY OF SNACKING OPTIONS: Pumpkin spice Chex mix is incredibly versatile. It’s ideal for snacking on the go, enjoying while watching movies, or even as a delightful addition to your dessert.
PERFECT FOR SHARING: Whether you’re hosting a gathering or looking for a thoughtful homemade gift, this pumpkin spice Chex mix is a crowd-pleaser.
Any huge fan of pumpkin spice will want to add this pumpkin spice Chex mix to their fall baking list. It is a fun spin on a classic Chex mix, but be warned, once you start, you won’t be able to stop snacking; it is that addictive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can substitute marshmallow cream. This will make this Chex mix extra sticky.
I suggest storing this great snack in a sealed container or gallon-sized Ziplock bags at room temperature for up to three days.
I love making this sweet Chex mix recipe because you can omit and add all your favorite ingredients.
You can use any fall flavor of Cheerios for this recipe.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Crockpot Applesauce
- Rainbow Popcorn
- Fruity Pebble Treats
- Crockpot Chex Mix
- Ranch Chex Mix
- Almond Joy Bars
Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
- 4 cups pumpkin Cheerios
- 4 cups cinnamon Chex mix
- 2 cups pretzels, salted
- 1½ cups almonds, slices
- 1½ cups pecans, chopped
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In an extra-large bowl, mix together the Cheerios, Chex mix, pretzels, almond slices, pecans, mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, maple syrup, and melted butter.
- Pour the Chex mix on a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle honey syrup over Chex mix and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven once marshmallow have started to toast.
- Let the Chex mix cool for 5 minutes before placing it in a bowl.
- When making a Chex mix, make sure to use your largest mixing bowl.
- Try to lay it out in a single layer as best you can so it can cool and harden once baked and not stick together. If you need to speed up the process, you can put your baking sheets in the refrigerator.
- Don’t overmix once you transfer the mix to the bowl; chunks in this recipe are part of the fun. You also don’t want to break the Chex cereal.