April 25, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Fruity Pebbles treats are the perfect balance of crispy and fluffy that combines colorful cereal with gooey marshmallows. If you are a fan of classic Rice Krispies treats, you will definitely love the fruity flavor of this rainbow version.
Fruity Pebbles Treats Ingredients
- 7 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10-ounce) bag of miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups of Fruity Pebbles cereal
PRO TIP: Always use the freshest marshmallows for this as they will taste the best. Also, make sure you use a fresh box of cereal you have just opened for the purpose.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
FRUITY PEBBLES: If you find this no-bake dessert recipe is a little sweet by using all Fruity Pebbles, you can use 4 cups of Fruity Pebbles and 4 cups of plain Rice Krispies.
VANILLA EXTRACT: You can also try adding a few drops of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to the mixture to give it extra flavor.
How To Make This Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe
STEP ONE: Prepare the 9 x 13-inch baking tray by greasing the bottom and sides with butter. Use the end of the stick of butter to make this easy.
STEP TWO: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the mini marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until melted.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can also melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave. Take a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat 2-3 times in 30-second increments until everything is melted. Combine with the cereal in a large bowl.
STEP THREE: Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the cereal, stirring quickly to combine.
If you don’t want the melted marshmallows mixture sticking to your hands, take some wax paper and press down on the mixture by hand with the wax paper in between.
STEP FOUR: Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Dampen your fingers with cool water and then press the mixture gently to spread it in an even layer.
Make sure you don’t over-compress the gooey fruity pebbles mixture into the bowl, or the bars will end up being really hard to eat.
STEP FIVE: Leave the treats for at least 30 minutes before cutting them into squares.
How To Serve
These Fruity Pebbles marshmallow treats would make a great school snack or afternoon snack with a glass of cold milk. Mix it up and offer a variety including our classic rice Krispie treats as well.
ON THE COUNTER: The best place to store these crispy treats is on the counter at room temperature in an airtight container with a lid. Don’t put them in the fridge as they will get too hard.
IN THE FREEZER: You could also freeze these Fruity Pebbles bars for four to six weeks in a freezer-safe container with wax paper in between each treat.
If you love handmade treats, have a unicorn fan who loves everything rainbow, or simply want an easy sweet treat, these Fruity Pebbles treats will be a huge hit. They just need three ingredients and can be made in bigger batches if you have lots of hungry party-goers due to arrive!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or bag in between sheets of wax paper to help keep each square from sticking to the others.
Getting the marshmallow and butter mixture too hot can lead to your Fruity Pebbles treats getting too hard. Also, if you don’t use fresh marshmallows or butter, it can impact your treats.
You can dampen your hands and spatula with water or spray both with cooking spray to help avoid the mixture sticking to you.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by rubbing the bottom and sides with butter. This can be easily done by using one end of a stick of butter. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour the cereal into the pan on top of the melted marshmallows. Stir as quickly as possible until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Dampen the flat of your fingers with cool water and use these to evenly spread the mixture into the pan, packing it down.
- Let the treats sit for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Always use the freshest marshmallows for this as they will taste the best. Also, make sure you use a fresh box of cereal you have just opened for the purpose.
- You can also melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave. Take a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat 2 to 3 times in 30-second increments until everything is melted. Combine with the cereal in a large bowl.
- If you don’t want the melted marshmallows mixture sticking to your hands, take some wax paper and press down on the mixture by hand with the wax paper in between.
- Make sure you don’t over-compress the gooey fruity pebbles mixture into the bowl, or the bars will end up being really hard to eat.