Both colorful and delicious, Fruity Pebble Treats are the perfect balance of crispy and fluff. Combining Fruity Pebbles with gooey marshmallow, these rainbow Rice Krispie treats are perfect for a birthday party or family get-together. If you are a fan of Rice Krispie treats, you will definitely love this rainbow version.
If you are looking for more party treats to serve with the fruity pebble treats while sticking to the favorite snack theme, then some Reese’s Pieces fudge or Oreo peppermint bark would be great additions!
Rainbow RIce KrisPie Treats Ingredients
It couldn’t be more simple to make this fun dessert—you just need three ingredients.
You will need:
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
Ingredients substitutions & additions
FRUITY PEBBLES: if you find the recipe is a little sweet by using all Fruity Pebbles, you can swap it to 4 cups Fruity Pebbles and 4 cups Rice Krispies
VANILLA EXTRACT: you can also try adding a few drops of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to the mixture to give it extra flavor
How to make Fruity Pebble rice krispie treats
STEP ONE: Prepare the 9 x 13-inch baking tray by greasing the bottom and sides with butter – use the end of the stick of butter to make this easy
STEP TWO: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted
STEP THREE: Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the cereal, stirring quickly to combine
STEP FOUR: Pour the mixture into the baking sheet. Dampen your fingers with cool water and then press down the mixture gently to spread it evenly
STEP FIVE: Leave the treats for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares
You can also melt the butter and marshmallow in the microwave. Take a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat 2-3 times until everything is melted. Put the cereal in a large glass bowl greased with butter then pour in the marshmallow mixture. Stir then add to the baking sheet as in Step Four.
Storing the recipe
In the cupboard
The best place to store Fruity Pebble Treats is in the cupboard in a container with a lid. Don’t put them in the fridge as they will get too hard.
Tips for making Fruity Pebble Treats
- Don’t press too hard: make sure you don’t over-compress the mixture into the bowl, or the bars will end up being really hard to eat.
- Fresh marshmallows: always use the freshest marshmallows for this as they will taste the best.
- Fresh cereal: the same with the Fruity Pebbles, make sure they are a fresh box you have just opened for the purpose.
- Wax paper: if you don’t want the mix sticking to your hands, take some wax paper and press down the mixture by hand with this in between.
If you love handmade treats, have a unicorn fan who loves everything rainbow or simply want an easy sweet treat, these Fruity Pebble Treat will be the perfect solution. They just need three ingredients and can be made in bigger batches if you have lots of hungry party-goers due to arrive!
More DESSERT REcipes You’Ll Love
Fruity Pebble Treats
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1 10 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by rubbing the bottom and sides with butter. This can be easily done by using one end of a stick of butter. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add marshmallows, stirring until melted.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately pour cereal into the pan on top of the melted marshmallows. Stir as quickly as possible until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Dampen the flat of your fingers with cool water and use these to evenly spread the mixture into the pan, packing it down.
- Let the treats sit for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.