May 25, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
A light and refreshing cucumber salad is a great option for a summer side dish that’s quick and easy to make, with simple ingredients. This cucumber salad recipe has a mix of spices and oil that make a delicious dressing to perfectly coat your crisp cucumber slices and chopped red onion.
Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste.
Substitutions and Additions
VEGETABLES: This easy cucumber salad recipe can be fun to play around with, adding in various ingredients here and there. Some ideas for additions to cucumber salad are bell peppers, avocado, artichokes, cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes. You can also remove the onions if you’re not a fan.
MIRACLE WHIP: You can substitute mayonnaise for Miracle Whip in the dressing.
HONEY: You can substitute 1 tablespoon of sugar for the honey in this simple recipe.
How To Make This Cucumber Salad Recipe
STEP ONE: Slice cucumbers into thin slices. Slice Red onion in thin half circles. Combine in a large bowl.
PRO TIP: Slice cucumber thinly for a more delicate salad, or thick slices for more of a crunch with each bite.
STEP TWO: In a small bowl whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, miracle whip, honey, garlic, and dill to make the sauce.
STEP THREE: Salt and pepper vegetables to your liking.
STEP FOUR: Pour sauce over sliced vegetables. Toss to coat.
STEP FIVE: Add chopped parsley.
STEP SIX: Place the salad bowl in the fridge to chill before serving.
How To Serve
Be sure to try out some of our other favorite summer salads. This Broccoli Salad or our Strawberry Spinach Salad along with this Easy Italian Pasta Salad are two of our go-to, easy recipes. If you’re looking for an idea of what to serve your cucumber salad with, we suggest some juicy Beer Marinated Grilled Chicken or what we consider The Best Burger.
Any leftover salad needs to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Using vinegar with cucumbers is essentially pickling them. In this case, for the best flavor you need to keep them air-free.
A bowl with a good, tight lid or a glass jar will do the trick. It will also keep your fridge from getting stinky!
Crisp cucumbers, chopped red onion, and a zesty dressing made from a balanced blend of oils and seasonings make this cucumber salad is a great addition to any summer meal. As tasty as it is simple to make—it’s the perfect dish for a grill night or neighborhood potluck.
MORE SIDE DISHES YOU’ll LOVE
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Corn Pudding
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Mexican Corn Salad
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 red onion cut into slices
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- Slice both cucumbers into thin round discs. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Slice the onion into thin strips, then slice those strips in half moons. Place in the bowl with slicedcucumbers and add chopped green onions.
- In a separate small bowl combine the rice wine vinegar, water, sugar, dried dill, salt, pepper,sesame oil, minced garlic, and roasted sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Pour sauce over the cucumber and use tongs to thoroughly mix everything together.
- Place everything in a resealable bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.