Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is a side dish made by mixing crunchy vegetables, bacon bits, and cheese with a creamy homemade ranch dressing. It’s the perfect side for a barbecue or potluck. It’s so easy to make and with it’s delicious flavor it’s sure to be a hit.
If you enjoy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad, then you will also love this Broccoli Salad. Be sure to also try some of our other favorite veggie salads like this Mexican Corn Salad and this Cucumber Salad. Both make for an easy and delicious side dish with any meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SALAD
You will need:
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, dry
- 1 package bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 ounce block Colby jack cheese, cut into small cubes
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Bacon: You can use real packaged bacon bits in this salad, instead of making your own bacon and chopping it up. I would actually recommend doing this if you are going to be traveling with this salad. They will keep their texture better and longer than the cooked chopped bacon will. Perfect if you need to take this to a potluck or barbecue!
Cheese: You can use whatever type of cheese you prefer for your salad. You can cut the cheese into small cubes or use shredded cheese instead. Some other types of cheese that taste delicious in broccoli cauliflower salad are cheddar, monterey jack, or parmesan.
Optional Additions: You can have some fun adding ingredients into your broccoli cauliflower salad. Popular add-ins are raisins or dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and shredded carrots.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE
STEP ONE: In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. Use a whisk to combine.
STEP TWO: In a separate large mixing bowl, add chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon, and Colby jack cheese cubes. You will want to cut the broccoli and cauliflower into nice bite sized pieces, but if you prefer them even smaller or slightly larger than bite size, that is up to you. To start, cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets. Then, slice the florets lengthwise (up and down) into even smaller pieces. Be sure to include some of the stalk as it adds a ton of crunch and flavor to the salad.
STEP THREE: Pour dressing mix over the top of the ingredients. Using a large spoon, mix it all together well.
STEP FOUR: Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover broccoli cauliflower salad in an airtight container in the fridge. If you have already mixed the ingredients with the dressing the salad will last in the fridge for about 2 days, but it may get a bit soggy. If you have not mixed the dressing in yet broccoli cauliflower salad will last in the fridge for about 4 days.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is a crunchy and creamy side dish. It’s perfect for a potluck or barbecue. Fresh broccoli and cauliflower are mixed with a delicious homemade ranch dressing to create a tasty side salad that everyone loves!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head broccoli washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower washed and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 oz Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix dry
- 1 package bacon cooked and chopped
- 6 oz Colby Jack cheese cubes cut into small cubes
- In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. Use a whisk to combine
- In a separate large mixing bowl add chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon, and Colby Jack cheese
- Pour dressing mix over the top of the ingredients. Use a large spoon to mix together
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve