June 1, 2023Review Recipe
Pina Colada Fluff
Table of Contents
It’s time to get tropical with this refreshing pina colada fluff. Combining the flavors of coconut and pineapple with whipped cream, pudding, and marshmallows makes for a divinely decadent dessert that is the perfect addition to your next potluck.
Pina Colada Fluff Ingredients
- 1 (20-ounce) can of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) tub of Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons of rum extract
- 2½ cups of miniature marshmallows
- 1¼ cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
If texture is a concern, you can leave the coconut flakes out of your fluff salad.
Substitutions And Additions
NUTS: You can substitute any chopped nuts for the chopped walnuts in this pina colada fluff salad recipe.
GARNISH: You can garnish with a sprinkle of coconut flakes. You can also garnish your salad with maraschino cherries.
WHIPPED TOPPING: You can use our homemade whipped topping recipe in place of store-bought Cool Whip if you prefer.
How To Make This Pina Colada Fluff Recipe
STEP ONE: Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a wooden spoon, stir together the crushed pineapple and instant pudding mix until well combined.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Don’t drain the pineapple. You’ll want to include the pineapple juice along with the crushed pineapple in this salad.
STEP TWO: Fold in the whipped topping and rum extract.
STEP THREE: Fold in the mini marshmallows, coconut flakes, and chopped walnuts.
STEP FOUR: Cover bowl tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight until you are ready to serve.
For best results, make sure you give your pina colada fluff salad plenty of chilling time. It allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
How To Serve
This delicious dessert salad makes the perfect treat for any barbecue or potluck. Add a refreshing twist after enjoying our grilled chicken breast and grilled corn on the cob for a great way to finish off your summer meal.
For more sweet salads that would serve as an easy side dish or a light dessert, our ambrosia salad and cherry fluff would be fantastic choices.
MORE FLUFF RECIPES
Storing This Pina Colada Fruit Salad
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this coconut and pineapple fluff in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
IN THE FREEZER: We do not recommend freezing this easy dessert. Neither the marshmallows nor the creamy pudding mixture will do very well in the freezer.
This pina colada fluff salad is loaded with delightful pineapple flavors and a creamy dressing that will transport you to a beach this summer. You’ll think you are sipping a dreamy drink from a hollowed-out coconut when you enjoy a spoonful of this yummy salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is actually best to make this easy salad recipe ahead of time. It gives the salad time to let all the flavors mingle and combine together for an even tastier fluffy salad.
This classic salad can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days.
This simple dessert would be delicious if you decided to add maraschino cherries or other juicy fruit to the salad.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peach Fluff
- Lemon Fluff
- Pina Colada
- Cool Whip Pie
- Pudding Fruit Salad
- Coconut Macaroons
- Banana Pudding Fluff
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- Berry Cheesecake Salad
- Taffy Apple Salad
- Peach Pretzel Salad
Pina Colada Fluff
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces tub whipped topping, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons rum extract
- 2½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1¼ cups sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a wooden spoon, stir together the crushed pineapple and instant vanilla pudding until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping and rum extract.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows, coconut flakes, and chopped walnuts.
- Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight until ready to serve.
- If texture is a concern, you can leave the coconut flakes out of your fluff salad.
- Don’t drain the pineapple. You’ll want to include the pineapple juice along with the crushed pineapple in this salad.
- For best results, make sure you give your pina colada fluff salad plenty of chilling time. It allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
Leave a Comment