October 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
It’s time to get tropical with this refreshing pina colada fluff. Combining the flavors of coconut and pineapple with whipped cream, pudding, and marshmallows makes for a divinely decadent dessert that is the perfect addition to your next potluck.
Pina Colada Fluff Ingredients
This Pina Colada Fluff is a tropical dessert that brings the essence of a classic cocktail to your taste buds.
The result is a lusciously creamy and dreamy dessert that transports you to paradise with every bite.
- 1 (20-ounce) can of crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) tub of Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons of rum extract
- 2½ cups of miniature marshmallows
- 1¼ cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
If texture is a concern, you can leave the coconut flakes out of your fluff salad.
Substitutions And Additions
NUTS: You can substitute any chopped nuts for the chopped walnuts in this pina colada fluff salad recipe.
GARNISH: You can garnish with a sprinkle of coconut flakes. You can also garnish your salad with maraschino cherries.
WHIPPED TOPPING: You can use our homemade whipped topping recipe in place of store-bought Cool Whip if you prefer.
How To Make This Pina Colada Fluff Recipe
All the ingredients are combined together in a bowl before giving the fluff time to chill so that all the flavors blend together.
STEP ONE: Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a wooden spoon, stir together the crushed pineapple and instant pudding mix until well combined.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Don’t drain the pineapple. You’ll want to include the pineapple juice along with the crushed pineapple in this salad.
STEP TWO: Fold in the whipped topping and rum extract.
STEP THREE: Fold in the mini marshmallows, coconut flakes, and chopped walnuts.
STEP FOUR: Cover bowl tightly and chill in the refrigerator for one hour to overnight until you are ready to serve.
For best results, make sure you give your pina colada fluff salad plenty of chilling time. It allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
How To Serve
This delicious dessert salad makes the perfect treat for any barbecue or potluck.
Storing This Pina Colada Fruit Salad
We’ve got a few handy tips for storing any leftovers you may have of this creamy dessert.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this coconut and pineapple fluff in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
IN THE FREEZER: We do not recommend freezing this easy dessert. Neither the marshmallows nor the creamy pudding mixture will do very well in the freezer.
This pina colada fluff salad is loaded with delightful pineapple flavors and a creamy dressing that will transport you to a beach this summer. You’ll think you are sipping a dreamy drink from a hollowed-out coconut when you enjoy a spoonful of this yummy salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is actually best to make this easy salad recipe ahead of time. It gives the salad time to let all the flavors mingle and combine together for an even tastier fluffy salad.
This classic salad can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days.
This simple dessert would be delicious if you decided to add maraschino cherries or other juicy fruit to the salad.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peach Fluff
- Lemon Fluff
- Pina Colada
- Cool Whip Pie
- Pudding Fruit Salad
- Coconut Macaroons
- Banana Pudding Fluff
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- Berry Cheesecake Salad
- Taffy Apple Salad
- Peach Pretzel Salad
- Snickers Salad
- Banana Split Fluff
- Pineapple Cake
- Fuji Apple Panera Salad
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Hawaiian Pineapple Cookies
- Air Fryer Pineapple
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Blueberry Fluff
- Apple Salad
- Malibu Pineapples
- Overnight Fruit Salad
Pina Colada Fluff
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 8 ounces tub whipped topping, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons rum extract
- 2½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1¼ cups sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Using a medium-sized mixing bowl and a wooden spoon, stir together the crushed pineapple and instant vanilla pudding until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping and rum extract.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows, coconut flakes, and chopped walnuts.
- Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight until ready to serve.
- If texture is a concern, you can leave the coconut flakes out of your fluff salad.
- Don’t drain the pineapple. You’ll want to include the pineapple juice along with the crushed pineapple in this salad.
- For best results, make sure you give your pina colada fluff salad plenty of chilling time. It allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.