October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- Cherry Fluff Ingredients
- More Fluff Recipes
- Substitutions And Additions
- How To Make This Cherry Fluff Recipe
- How To Serve This Pink Marshmallow Salad
- Storing This Easy Cherry Fluff Recipe
- Why This Is The Best Cherry Fluff Salad Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Fluff Recipes
- JUMP TO RECIPE
- More Recipes You’ll Love
This old fashioned cherry fluff salad features sweet, fruity flavors with a soft and crunchy texture. Cherry pie filling, pineapple, mini marshmallows and pecans are mixed with whipped topping for the ultimate nostalgic dessert.
Cherry Fluff Ingredients
This cherry fluff recipe is perfect combination of sweet and tart flavors.
- 21-ounce can of cherry pie filling
- 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 8-ounce tub of whipped topping, thawed
- 2¾ cup of mini marshmallows, divided (2½ cup and ¼ cup for garnish)
- ½ cup of finely chopped pecans
- 4-6 maraschino cherries with stems attached (optional garnish)
Substitutions And Additions
PIE FILLING: Any berry pie filling can be substituted for the cherry pie filling in this salad.
NUTS: Any nut can be substituted for the pecans in this cherry pineapple fluff recipe.
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you would prefer to use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip in this easy fruit salad, check out our recipe here.
CREAM CHEESE: For a thicker dressing, you could mix in cream cheese with the Cool Whip.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This dessert is such a pretty color, using a see-through bowl such as a trifle bowl would be a great way to show off the lovely pink hue.
How To Make This Cherry Fluff Recipe
Make sure to give this fluff salad time to chill in the fridge once you have mixed it up so that all the flavors have time to mingle.
STEP ONE: Using a large bowl, add the cherry pie filling and the drained crushed pineapple.
STEP TWO: Using a small mixing bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
STEP THREE: Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple.
STEP FOUR: Add the thawed whipped topping and stir to combine completely.
Stir all of the ingredients together carefully as you don’t want to break apart the fruit pieces.
STEP FIVE: Fold in 2½ cups of mini marshmallows and chopped pecans.
Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
STEP SIX: Just before serving, evenly sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of mini marshmallows and the maraschino cherries.
How To Serve This Pink Marshmallow Salad
Cherry fluff salad tastes best when served cold. After preparing, refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld and the salad to set.
It can be served as a dessert, side dish, or even a snack. Its versatility makes it suitable for various occasions, from potlucks to holiday gatherings.
WITH TOPPINGS: Offer a variety of toppings on the side, such as extra maraschino cherries, crushed pineapple, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or chocolate shavings. Guests can customize their serving according to their preferences.
FOR INDIVIDUAL SERVINGS: Use dessert cups, bowls, or martini glasses for a more elegant presentation. Garnish with a dollop of homemade whipped cream, maraschino cherry or sprinkle of chopped nuts on top for added flair.
ON A DESSERT BUFFET: Place the salad in a large decorative bowl with a serving spoon on a dessert buffet table.
Accompany it with other desserts like:
AS A SIDE DISH: While cherry fluff salad is often considered a dessert, it can also be served as a side dish during holiday meals or barbecues. Pair it with savory dishes like grilled meats, casseroles, or roasted vegetables.
Everyone will love the light texture and cherry flavors of this cherry fluff fruit salad. Pair it with a refreshing drink of raspberry iced tea to wash it down.
Storing This Easy Cherry Fluff Recipe
Here’s how to make this fluff salad ahead of time and store any leftovers.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this cherry salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this fluffy dessert, and it will keep for about 3 months. Be aware that the texture of the marshmallows won’t be the same once they’ve thawed out. Since this is such a simple recipe to make, it’s best to make it fresh.
MAKE-AHEAD: This great dish is the perfect make-ahead recipe. You can make the cherry fluff dessert salad up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Why This Is The Best Cherry Fluff Salad Recipe
Easy to Make: Cherry fluff salad requires few ingredients and minimal preparation time, making it a go-to recipe.
Nostalgia: For many, cherry fluff salad brings back memories of family gatherings, holidays, and childhood. It’s one of those old fashioned recipes that has been passed down.
No-Bake: Especially appreciated during hot months, cherry fluff salad doesn’t require turning on the oven, making it a cool and refreshing option.
Crowd-Pleaser: Its sweet and creamy profile tends to be a hit at gatherings, making it a safe choice when serving a group.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could certainly substitute whipped topping with homemade whipped cream in this classic recipe. Check out the tasty recipe here.
It is actually best to make this easy salad recipe ahead of time. It gives the salad time to let all the flavors mingle and combine together for an even tastier fluff salad.
This classic salad can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days.
Sweet cherries, marshmallows, and pineapple make this cherry fluff dessert a family favorite.
You don’t need to wait until the cherry season for this pink fluff recipe. Since it is made with pie filling, you can whip it up any time of year you crave it.
More Fluff Recipes
- Ambrosia Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Cranberry Salad
- Lemon Fluff
- Pistachio Salad
- Orange Fluff
- Peach Fluff
- Pudding Fruit Salad
- Pina Colada Fluff
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- Banana Split Fluff
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 2¾ cups mini marshmallows, divided into 2½ cups and ¼ cup for garnish
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 to 6 maraschino cherries with stems attached, optional garnish
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the cherry pie filling and the drained crushed pineapple.
- Using a small mixing bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple.
- Add the thawed whipped topping and stir to combine completely.
- Fold in 2½ cups of mini marshmallows and chopped pecans. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of mini marshmallows and the maraschino cherries.
- This dessert is such a pretty color, using a see-through bowl such as a trifle bowl would be a great way to show off the lovely pink color.
- Stir all of the ingredients together carefully as you don’t want to break apart the fruit pieces.
- For best results, make sure you give your cherry pie fluff at least 2 hours of chilling time. It allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cherry Cobbler Muffins
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Cherry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Cherry Cheesecake Eggrolls
- Cherry Dr Pepper Cake
- Cherry Breakfast Braid
Dessert Salad Recipes
- Pistachio Salad
- Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Pudding Fruit Salad
- Overnight Fruit Salad
- Mandarin Orange Pretzel Salad