May 23, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This pretty pink cherry fluff salad is a vintage dessert that will be a welcome addition to any potluck table. Tart cherry pie filling, sweet pineapple, and mini marshmallows are mixed with whipped topping for this fun and fluffy salad
Cherry Fluff Ingredients
- 21-ounce can of cherry pie filling
- 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 8-ounce tub of whipped topping, thawed
- 2¾ cup of mini marshmallows, divided (2½ cup and ¼ cup for garnish)
- ½ cup of finely chopped pecans
- 4-6 maraschino cherries with stems attached (optional garnish)
Substitutions And Additions
PIE FILLING: Any berry pie filling can be substituted for the cherry pie filling in this salad.
NUTS: Any nut can be substituted for the pecans in this cherry pineapple fluff recipe.
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you would prefer to use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip in this easy fruit salad, check out our recipe here.
CREAM CHEESE: For a thicker dressing, you could mix in cream cheese with the Cool Whip.
How To Make This Cherry Fluff Recipe
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This dessert is such a pretty color, using a see-through bowl such as a trifle bowl would be a great way to show off the lovely pink hue.
STEP ONE: Using a large bowl, add the cherry pie filling and the drained crushed pineapple.
STEP TWO: Using a small mixing bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
STEP THREE: Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple.
STEP FOUR: Add the thawed whipped topping and stir to combine completely.
Stir all of the ingredients together carefully as you don’t want to break apart the fruit pieces.
STEP FIVE: Fold in 2½ cups of mini marshmallows and chopped pecans. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
For best results, make sure you give your cherry pie fluff at least 2 hours of chilling time. It allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
STEP SIX: Just before serving, evenly sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of mini marshmallows and the maraschino cherries.
How To Serve This Pink Marshmallow Salad
This wonderful dessert is so light and fluffy, it’s perfect for either a delicious side dish or for dessert. It’s a classic choice to bring to family gatherings or to serve for a special occasion.
Everyone will love the light texture and cherry flavors of this cherry fluff fruit salad. Pair it with a refreshing drink of raspberry iced tea to wash it down.
Check out our other fluff recipes, including our classic ambrosia salad and watergate salad.
MORE CHERRY RECIPES
Storing This Easy Cherry Fluff Recipe
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this cherry salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this fluffy dessert, and it will keep for about 3 months. Be aware that the texture of the marshmallows won’t be the same once they’ve thawed out. Since this is such a simple recipe to make, it’s best to make it fresh.
MAKE-AHEAD: This great dish is the perfect make-ahead recipe. You can make the cherry fluff dessert salad up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Sweet cherries, marshmallows, and pineapple make this cherry fluff dessert a family favorite. You don’t need to wait until the cherry season for this pink fluff recipe since it is made with pie filling – you can whip it up any time of year when you crave the delightful cherry flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could certainly substitute whipped topping with homemade whipped cream in this classic recipe. Check out the tasty recipe here.
It is actually best to make this easy salad recipe ahead of time. It gives the salad time to let all the flavors mingle and combine together for an even tastier fluff salad.
This classic salad can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cherry Cobbler Muffins
- Heaven on Earth Cake
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Mini Cherry Cheesecake
- Cranberry Salad
- Lemon Fluff
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pistachio Salad
- Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Orange Fluff
- Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle
- Almond Joy Bars
- Cherry Breakfast Braid
- Peach Fluff
- Pudding Fruit Salad
- Pina Colada Fluff
- Overnight Fruit Salad
- Vanilla Trifle
- Strawberry Trifle
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Peanut Butter Fluff
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, thoroughly drained
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 2¾ cups mini marshmallows, divided into 2½ cups and ¼ cup for garnish
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 to 6 maraschino cherries with stems attached, optional garnish
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the cherry pie filling and the drained crushed pineapple.
- Using a small mixing bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple.
- Add the thawed whipped topping and stir to combine completely.
- Fold in 2½ cups of mini marshmallows and chopped pecans. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, evenly sprinkle ¼ cup of mini marshmallows and the maraschino cherries.
- This dessert is such a pretty color, using a see-through bowl such as a trifle bowl would be a great way to show off the lovely pink color.
- Stir all of the ingredients together carefully as you don’t want to break apart the fruit pieces.
- For best results, make sure you give your cherry pie fluff at least 2 hours of chilling time. It allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
My kids love this!