September 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
There’s no need to fire up the oven for this cherry cheesecake lush. With its golden Oreo base and creamy no-bake cheesecake layers of sweet cherry pie filling, velvety cream cheese, and whipped cream, this dessert is so delicious and satisfying you’ll be looking for any reason to make it.
Cherry Cheesecake Lush Ingredients
This cherry cheesecake lush is a delightful dessert featuring layers of indulgence.
The vanilla cookies create a sweet and crumbly base, while the cream cheese and Cool Whip whipped topping provide a creamy, dreamy texture.
Cherry pie filling adds fruity sweetness and a touch of tartness, while chopped pecans offer a satisfying crunch.
- 1 (14.3-ounce) package of vanilla sandwich cookies, such as golden Oreo cookies (approximately 36 cookies, 2½ cups when crushed)
- ⅓ cup of salted butter, melted and cooled (plus more for greasing the dish)
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 16-ounce tub of frozen Cool Whip whipped topping, defrosted and divided into 1 cup, ½ cup, and the remainder
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages of cheesecake-flavored instant pudding mix
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 2 (21-ounce) cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
Substitutions And Additions
RASPBERRIES: For a fun twist on this dessert, try using raspberry pie filling instead of cherry filling. You can also add fresh raspberries to the top of the cheesecake.
WALNUTS: Instead of pecans, chopped walnuts can be a delicious alternative.
NO NUTS: If you don’t like nuts or can’t use them due to nut allergies, you can skip adding them to the top of the cherry cheesecake lush dessert.
VANILLA SANDWICH COOKIES: Experiment with different cookie flavors for the crust. Chocolate sandwich cookies or graham crackers can give your lush a unique twist. Simply crush them and use the same quantity as specified in the recipe.
INSTANT PUDDING MIX: While cheesecake-flavored pudding mix is fantastic, you can explore other flavors like chocolate, butterscotch, or vanilla for a different taste. Just be sure to match the flavor of your choice with the overall theme of the dessert.
How To Make This Cherry Cheesecake Lush Recipe
Let’s dive into making all the delightful layers of this creamy dessert.
STEP ONE: Butter a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and set aside.
STEP TWO: In the bowl of a food processor, crush the vanilla sandwich cookies until small, even crumbs form. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
STEP THREE: Press the cookie mixture into the greased baking dish and place in the freezer for ten minutes to chill while preparing the next layer.
STEP FOUR: With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and one cup of frozen whipped topping until smooth and creamy.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Make sure that your cream cheese is softened before starting this step. If your cream cheese is too hard, it can result in lumps in your cheesecake.
STEP FIVE: Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chilled cookie crumb layer and place it back into the freezer for another ten minutes.
STEP SIX: With a whisk or beater, combine the cheesecake pudding mix packages, milk, and ½ cup of frozen whipped topping.
Whisk until combined, and the pudding mixture begins to thicken.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the cheesecake pudding layer over the chilled cream cheese filling layer and chill for 30 minutes or until the pudding is set.
STEP EIGHT: Pour cherry pie filling over the chilled pudding layer. Spread carefully so that it doesn’t mix with the layers beneath.
STEP NINE: Gently top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
STEP TEN: Chill in the fridge for one to two hours or overnight.
Chilling overnight will allow all the flavors to mingle and blend together even more!
How To Serve
This delightful and fluffy dessert would be amazing for any potluck or special event. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
We know you love a great no-oven-needed dessert recipe! Some of our personal favorites are no bake peanut butter bars for all the fans of the peanut butter-chocolate combo.
We’ve got a few handy guidelines for storing this irresistible dessert to enjoy later.
MAKE AHEAD: This cherry cheesecake lush is a great dessert to prepare ahead of time. After assembling it in your preferred dish, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before serving. Making it in advance allows the flavors to meld together, creating an even more delightful dessert.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store the no-bake cherry cheesecake dessert in the refrigerator, covered tightly with plastic wrap, or in an airtight food storage container.
It will stay fresh for up to seven days.
IN THE FREEZER: Freeze the cherry cheesecake in an airtight, freezer-safe food storage container for up to three months.
Why We Love This Recipe
IRRESISTIBLE FLAVOR COMBINATION: This recipe combines the timeless appeal of cherry and cheesecake flavors, creating a delightful symphony of sweet and tangy that’s hard to resist.
NO-BAKE: You won’t need to turn on the oven for this dessert. It’s a no-bake recipe, which means less time in the kitchen and no need to worry about complicated baking techniques. Perfect for those warm days or when you’re short on time.
MAKE-AHEAD FRIENDLY: Whether you’re planning a special occasion or just want to get ahead on dessert prep, this lush can be made ahead of time. It actually tastes even better after a few hours or overnight in the fridge, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Make this no bake cherry cheesecake lush recipe for any potluck, picnic, holiday dinner, celebration, or even as a weeknight treat (our no bake cherry cheesecake is a great option, too!). It’s the creamy cheesecake flavor you want without any of the work of baking!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This cherry lush cheesecake recipe would also work with a graham cracker crust or a Nilla crust.
Vanilla pudding would work just as well in this amazing dessert if you can’t find cheesecake pudding.
Freeze the cherry cheesecake dessert in an airtight, freezer-safe food storage container for up to three months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Heaven on Earth Cake
- Vanilla Cool Whip Pie
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Cherry Lush
- Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Lemon Lush
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Cherry Cheesecake Tacos
- Tiramisu Cake
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cherry Cheesecake Eggrolls
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Cream Puff Dessert
- Lemon Raspberry Cookies
- Campfire Dessert Pizza
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- Cherry Cupcakes
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Raspberry Breakfast Braid
- Cherry Cobbler Muffins
Cherry Cheesecake Lush
- 14.3 ounces vanilla sandwich cookies (Golden Oreos or generic, approximately 36 cookies, 2½ cups when crushed)
- ⅓ cup salted butter, melted and cooled (plus more for greasing the dish)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), defrosted and divided into 1 cup, ½ cup, and the remainder
- 6.8 ounces cheesecake-flavored instant pudding mix (two 3.4-ounce boxes)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 42 ounces cherry pie filling (two 21-ounce cans)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Butter a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, crush the vanilla sandwich cookies until small even crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press the cookie mixture into the greased baking dish and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill while preparing the next layer.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese, granulated sugar, vanilla, and 1 cup of frozen whipped topping until smooth and creamy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the chilled cookie crumb layer and place back into freezer for another 10 minutes.
- With a whisk or beater, combine both packages of pudding mix, milk, and ½ cup of frozen whipped topping. Whisk until combined and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Spread the pudding layer over the chilled cream cheese layer and chill for 30 minutes or until the pudding is set.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the chilled pudding layer. Spread carefully so that it doesn’t mix with the layers beneath.
- Gently top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and chill in fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
- Make sure that your cream cheese is softened before starting this step. If your cream cheese is too hard, it can result in lumps in your cheesecake.
- Chilling overnight will allow all the flavors to mingle and blend together even more!