June 21, 2022Review Recipe
Table of Contents
You’re sure to go nuts for these easy, no-bake peanut butter bars which have just five simple ingredients. Rich, sweet, and creamy, these chocolatey peanut butter squares only take ten minutes to make (plus chilling time).
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars Ingredients
- ¾ cup of butter, melted
- 2 cups of graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1¼ cups + 3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 2½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
You can either buy graham cracker crumbs or buy the crackers and crush them yourself in a food processor or with a rolling pin.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
GRAHAM CRACKERS: If you can’t get these where you live, the nearest alternative would be digestive biscuits.
POWDERED SUGAR: This is also known as confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar. You could use regular granulated sugar in a pinch, but your bars might not be as dense.
SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS: As these will be melted down, you could use block chocolate instead. Milk chocolate chips or even dark chocolate would be a nice alternative to try instead of semi-sweet.
CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER: We like to use smooth peanut butter for these no-bake bars, but you may prefer the crunchy peanut butter variety.
CHOPPED PEANUTS: As an optional extra, you could sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of the bars before chilling.
How To Make This No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
STEP ONE: Using either a stand mixer or an electric mixer, combine the melted butter, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs.
STEP TWO: When it’s well combined, add in the 1¼ cups of peanut butter and mix again.
STEP THREE: Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Evenly spread the peanut butter mixture into the dish.
STEP FOUR: In a heat-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and the remaining three tablespoons of peanut butter. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval until the peanut butter and melted chocolate mixture is smooth.
STEP FOUR: Spread the chocolate layer over the peanut butter base.
STEP FIVE: Cut into servings with a sharp knife, cover the pan with plastic wrap and then place into the refrigerator to chill for one hour.
It’s easier to slice the mixture into bars if you do it before you put it in the fridge!
STEP SIX: Remove from the refrigerator and let sit for ten minutes before serving at room temperature.
How To Serve
Peanut butter lovers will go wild over these rich and creamy bars. Add a cold iced tea or warm homemade hot chocolate to wash down these decadent treats. They would be a quick and easy snack to whip up for when the hungry kids come home from school.
IN THE FRIDGE: No-bake chocolate peanut butter bars will keep in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: If you’d like to freeze this peanut butter treat recipe, then you can transfer the bars to a freezer-safe container once they’re chilled. If you store them on top of each other, add a sheet of parchment paper between each layer to prevent them from sticking together. They’ll keep for up to three months.
These chewy peanut butter bars are so easy to make and great to have in the fridge for after-school snacks. You could also serve them with ice cream as a yummy dessert.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This no-bake recipe will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for three months.
While we haven’t tried this ourselves, you could try almond or cashew butter in this recipe.
Any type of chocolate would make these bars taste amazing. Experiment and decide which is your favorite.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peanut Butter Ball
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Brittle
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Using either a stand mixer or a handheld mixer, combine the melted butter, powdered sugar, and graham crackers.
- Mix in the 1¼ cups of creamy peanut butter, just until well incorporated.
- Evenly spread the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a heat-safe bowl, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the remaining 3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter. Heat for 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval until the peanut butter and chocolate are smooth.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter base.
- Cut the servings before you put the bars into the refrigerator. (The bars cut much easier this way).
- Chill the bars for 1 hour.
- Let the bars sit 10 to 15 minutes, at room temperature, before serving.
- You can either buy graham cracker crumbs or buy the crackers and crush them yourself in a food processor or with a rolling pin.
- It’s easier to slice the mixture into bars if you do it before you put it in the fridge.