Last updated on
Grab our exclusive Lazy Cooking Bundle, 60% off now!
Table of Contents
You’re sure to go nuts for these easy, no-bake peanut butter bars which have just five simple ingredients. Rich, sweet, and creamy, these chocolatey peanut butter squares only take ten minutes to make (plus chilling time).
INGREDIENTS FOR NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
You will need:
- ¾ cup of butter, melted
- 2 cups of graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ cups + 3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Graham Crackers: If you can’t get these where you live, the nearest alternative would be digestive biscuits
Powdered Sugar: This is also known as confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar. You could use regular granulated sugar in a pinch, but your bars might not be as dense.
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: As these will be melted down, you could use block chocolate instead. Milk chocolate would be a nice alternative to try instead of semi-sweet.
Creamy Peanut Butter We like to use smooth peanut butter for this recipe, but you may prefer the crunchy variety.
Chopped Peanuts: As an optional extra, you could sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of the bars before chilling.
HOW TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS RECIPE
STEP ONE: Using either a stand mixer or a handheld mixer, combine the melted butter, powdered sugar, and graham crackers. When it’s well combined, add in the 1 ¼ cups of peanut butter and mix again.
STEP TWO: Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Evenly spread the peanut butter mixture into the dish.
STEP THREE: In a heat-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and the remaining three tablespoons of peanut butter. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval until the peanut butter and chocolate are smooth.
STEP FOUR: Spread the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter base
STEP FIVE: Cut into servings then place into the refrigerator to chill for one hour.
PRO TIP: It’s easier to slice the mixture into bars if you do it before you put it in the fridge!
STEP SIX: Remove from the refrigerator and let sit for ten minutes before serving at room temperature.
IN THE FRIDGE: Peanut butter bars will keep in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: If you’d like to freeze this recipe, then you can transfer the bars to a freezer-safe container once they’re chilled. If you store them on top of each other, add a sheet of parchment paper between each layer to prevent them from sticking together. They’ll keep for up to three months.
These no-bake peanut butter bars are so easy to make and great to have in the fridge for after-school snacks. You could also serve them with ice cream as a yummy dessert.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cup graham crackers crushed
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Using either a stand mixer or a hand held mixer, combine the melted butter, powdered sugar and graham crackers.
- Mix in the 1 ¼ cup of creamy peanut butter, just until well incorporated.
- Evenly spread the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a heat safe bowl, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the remaining 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter. Heat for 30 second intervals, stirring well after each interval until the peanut butter and chocolate are smooth.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter base.
- Cut servings before you put the bars into the refrigerator. (The bars cut much easier this way).
- Chill the bars for 1 hour.
- Let the bars sit 10 to 15 minutes, at room temperature, before serving.