October 24, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This no-bake cherry cheesecake is a classic crowd-pleaser that’s sweet and simple. It’s made from a graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake filling, and sweet cherry pie topping.
Easy Cherry Cheesecake Recipe (No Bake) Ingredients
- 9 graham cracker sheets (one sleeve)
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 16-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 8-ounce container of Cool Whip
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 (21-ounce) can of cherry pie filling
Substitutions And Additions
FILLING: This is a super versatile recipe. Swap out the can of cherry pie filling for your favorite pie filling — blueberry, peach, etc. — to change the flavor of this cheesecake.
CREAM CHEESE: Full-fat, low-fat, or fat-free cream cheese will all work in this delicious recipe.
WHIPPED TOPPING: You can either use a whipped topping such as Cool Whip or make your own homemade fresh whipped cream using our recipe found here. If you’d like to use a spray can of whipped cream, you can, although it will change the texture of this dessert.
How To Make A Cherry Cheesecake
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If you’re looking to feed a crowd, this is an easy recipe to make and double. Simply double the ingredients and use a 9 x 13-inch pan. Be sure to line the pan with parchment paper for less mess when removing the bars.
STEP ONE: Place graham crackers in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. You can also place the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
STEP THREE: Line an 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Press the graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl with a hand mixer, mix the softened cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and lemon juice until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture into an even layer over the top of the graham cracker crust. Chill for about 5 minutes.
Make sure that your cream cheese is softened before starting this step. If your cream cheese is too hard it can result in lumps in your cheesecake.
STEP 5: Spoon cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer. Gently spread out the cherries with a rubber spatula to cover the entire pan.
STEP 6: Chill for at least 4 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Cheesecake can stick to your knife when cutting it. If you’re having trouble, try coating your knife in nonstick cooking spray first.
How To Serve
The perfect way to enjoy this no-bake cherry cheesecake dessert is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this delicious treat in an airtight container or in the baking dish covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 4 days.
IN THE FREEZER: You can freeze this cheesecake after it has finished setting in the fridge. Just don’t add the cherry filling before freezing your cheesecake, wait to add it after defrosting. Chill your cheesecake for four hours, wrap it in plastic wrap or an airtight plastic bag, and freeze for up to three months. To defrost your cheesecake, let it thaw in the fridge. Top with cherry filling before serving.
Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
I love cherry cheesecake with its creamy filling and sweet cherries, but traditional cheesecake is tons of work. This no-bake cheesecake allows you to enjoy those divine flavors with much less work. In my opinion, it is the perfect dessert!
Frequently Asked Questions
The cheesecake can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
You could use any flavor of pie filling that is available in your local grocery store. Any kind would be delicious!
To get the cream cheese to room temperature quickly, cut the cream cheese into cubes and place it on a plate for about 20 minutes.
This cheesecake can be frozen for three months, although we recommend waiting to add the cherry pie filling on top until you are ready to serve.
Adding lemon juice to the cheesecake helps make it taste better, balancing out the fatty taste of the cream cheese. It also helps keep the cheesecake together by adding the necessary acidic acid to retain the structure.
Eggs are not needed when making a no-bake cheesecake recipe.
The cherry cheesecake will keep in the fridge for up to four days.
While it is a matter of personal preference, the opinion is that baked cheesecake is better as it has a superior taste and texture, while the no-bake cheesecake is softer with an almost mousse-like texture.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Cherry Breakfast Braid
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- No Bake Cheesecake
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Cherry Cheesecake Lush
- Cherry Cheesecake Tacos
- No Bake Lemon Pie
- Best Peach Cobbler
- Cherry Cheesecake Eggrolls
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Buckeye Bars
- Cherry Dr Pepper Cake
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Apple Crisp Recipe
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Monkey Bread
- Grinch Punch
- Hot Toddy
- Puppy Chow Chex
- Red Velvet Cookie
- Baked Chicken
- Baked Ziti Recipe
- Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Turkey Chili Recipe
- Peach Crisp Recipe
- Cool Whip Pie
- 7 Layer Bars
- Blueberry Fluff
- Blueberry Butter
- Blueberry Cupcakes
- Cherry Cobbler Muffins
- Peach Ice Cream
- Lemon Blueberry Cobbler
- Homemade Donuts with Biscuits
- How to Make Buttermilk Pie
- Pork Tenderloin in Oven
- Key Lime Pie
- Biscuits and Gravy Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Apple Pie Filling
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Cool Whip Candy
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
- Peach Upside-Down Cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Cream Horns
- Peach Shortcake
- Peach Pretzel Salad
- Pumpkin Bars
- Lemon Sponge Cake Recipe
- 7Up Cherry Cobbler
- Blueberry Cheesecake
Recipe for Cherry Cheesecake
- 9 graham cracker sheets, one sleeve
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Place graham crackers in the food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Press the graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and lemon juice until smooth. Spread into an even layer over the graham cracker crust. Chill for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over the cream cheese layer. Gently spread out the cherries to cover the entire pan.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Slice and enjoy!
- Make sure that your cream cheese is softened before starting this recipe. If your cream cheese is too hard it can result in lumps in your bars.
- If you’re looking to feed a crowd, this is an easy recipe to make and double. Simply double the ingredients and use a 9 x 13-inch pan. Be sure to line the pan with parchment paper for less mess when removing the bars.
- Cheesecake can stick to your knife when cutting it. If you’re having trouble, try coating your knife in nonstick cooking spray first.