November 22, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
We’ve put together layers of flavor with these cherry cheesecake egg rolls! These one-of-a-kind treats are crunchy on the outside and oozing with sweet cherry and cream cheese filling on the inside and will have you drooling in no time.
Cherry Cheesecake Eggrolls Ingredients
Cherry cheesecake eggrolls are light and crispy on the outside, while the inside is a tasty filling.
The combination of tartness and sweetness wrapped in an egg roll wrapper creates a taste like no other, leaving you wanting more with every bite.
To make this delectable treat, you’ll need:
- 6 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 8 pre-made egg roll wrappers
- 3 cups vegetable oil (for frying the egg rolls)
- 1 (21-ounce) can of cherry pie filling
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar (for dusting the cooked egg rolls, optional)
Substitutions And Additions
PIE FILLING: In this dessert recipe, you can substitute any fruit pie filling for the cherry pie filling.
CHEESECAKE FILLING: You can substitute pre-made cheesecake filling for homemade filling for a quick shortcut.
CREAM CHEESE: If you’re looking for a lighter option, consider using low-fat or Neufchâtel cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese.
While the texture and flavor will be slightly different, it’s a great choice if you want to reduce the fat content without sacrificing taste.
POWDERED SUGAR: To make your cherry cheesecake eggrolls less sweet, you can use a powdered sugar substitute like powdered erythritol or a stevia-based powdered sweetener.
Keep in mind that sugar substitutes may have a slightly different texture, so taste as you go to achieve your desired level of sweetness.
VANILLA EXTRACT: Instead of vanilla extract, try almond extract or lemon extract to add a unique and delicious twist to the cream cheese filling.
Just use them in moderation, as they can be quite potent.
WONTON WRAPPERS: While traditional egg roll wrappers work perfectly, you can experiment with wonton wrappers or even phyllo dough for a flaky, delicate texture.
Keep in mind that cooking times may vary slightly with different wrappers, so keep an eye on them while frying.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: For a decadent touch, drizzle melted dark chocolate over your cherry cheesecake eggrolls.
The combination of rich chocolate and cheesecake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
You can also sprinkle chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts on top for added texture and flavor.
ICE CREAM: Serve your cherry cheesecake eggrolls with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, such as vanilla, cherry, or even almond.
FRUIT COULIS: Elevate your dessert by making a simple fruit coulis.
Blend fresh or frozen berries with a touch of sugar and lemon juice until smooth, then drizzle it over the eggrolls.
It not only adds a burst of fruity flavor but also creates an elegant presentation.
WHIPPED CREAM: Top your cherry cheesecake eggrolls with a dollop of whipped cream flavored with a hint of cinnamon or nutmeg.
The light and airy whipped cream provides a balance to the richness of the filling.
How To Make This Cherry Cheesecake Eggrolls Recipe
A few quick and easy steps will result in this delicious fried treat. Once you have made the cream cheese filling, you will be ready to assemble the egg rolls.
Following our easy directions below, fill the egg roll wrappers with cream cheese and cherry pie filling. Make sure you don’t overfill them, or they won’t close properly.
Once bundled up, you will drop a few at a time into the heated oil and cook for a couple of minutes before serving.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can also cook the cherry cheesecake egg rolls in the air fryer or bake them in the oven rather than deep-frying them.
STEP ONE: Add the softened cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla to a medium bowl.
Use a hand mixer on medium-high speed to beat the mixture until smooth and no cream cheese lumps remain, about one and a half to two minutes.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before adding it to the bowl. You want to make sure you don’t end up with any lumps in your cream cheese filling.
STEP TWO: Transfer the cheesecake mixture to either a decorator’s bag or a quart-size ziplock bag with a corner of the bag snipped off.
STEP THREE: Add the vegetable oil to a deep ten-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil to 330°F to 340°F. While the oil is heating, assemble the eggrolls.
A candy thermometer is the perfect tool to help you check the temperature of the oil in this recipe.
STEP FOUR: Lay one egg roll wrapper out as if the wrapper were a diamond shape, with a point pointed towards you.
STEP FIVE: Use even pressure to squeeze the filling in a line about three and a half inches x one inch (about 8½ mm x 2½ mm) and one inch (2½ mm) from the side edge, and about three inches (7½ mm) from the bottom diamond point.
STEP SIX: Next, place six to eight cherries on the top edge of the filling.
STEP SEVEN: Use either your finger or a pastry brush to dampen the edges of the wrapper.
STEP EIGHT: Fold the bottom point of the diamond over the filling and cherries. Then fold the two side edge points over the covered filling and cherries.
Roll the egg roll up, making sure the top diamond point makes a good seal. Repeat for the remaining egg rolls.
STEP NINE: Once the oil is ready, work in batches of two to three egg rolls at a time. Fry the egg rolls for one and a half to two minutes per side until golden brown.
Transfer the cooked egg rolls to a paper towel-lined plate. Dust with one to two tablespoons of powdered sugar. Serve while warm.
How To Serve
Cherry cheesecake eggrolls are a perfect dessert to serve as an after-dinner treat.
You can also top it with some extra cherries for an added burst of flavor.
Take your dessert to the next level by pairing the eggrolls with a handful of fresh berries, such as raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries.
Serve with hot coffee, tea, or homemade hot chocolate for a cozy and delicious dessert experience.
Who says you can’t enjoy these eggrolls for breakfast? Serve them as a special weekend treat alongside a cup of tea or coffee.
If you’re hosting a gathering or party, consider serving cherry cheesecake eggrolls as a unique dessert option.
Involve the kids by letting them dip the eggrolls into colorful sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or crushed graham crackers after frying.
When To Serve
DESSERT NIGHT: Make cherry cheesecake eggrolls the star of a dessert night at home.
FAMILY GATHERINGS: Whether it’s a holiday celebration or a casual family get-together, these eggrolls make for a fantastic dessert option.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES: Surprise the birthday guest with a batch of cherry cheesecake eggrolls.
PICNICS: Pack these portable egg rolls for a picnic in the park, a day at the beach, or any outdoor event. They’re easy to transport and share with friends and family.
POTLUCK DINNERS: If you’re attending a potluck dinner, consider bringing cherry cheesecake eggrolls.
Whether you have leftovers or want to prepare them in advance, here’s what you need to know about storing and reheating these treats.
MAKE AHEAD: If you’re planning ahead, you can prepare the cherry cheesecake eggrolls up to the point of filling and rolling, then freeze them before frying.
Lay the unfried eggrolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure they don’t touch, and freeze until firm.
Once they’re frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or a resealable freezer bag, placing parchment paper between layers to prevent sticking.
You can store them in the freezer for up to two months.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftover eggrolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: They can be frozen in a sealed container for up to one month. Store in a Ziploc freezer bag labeled with the best-by date.
REHEATING: When ready to reheat the eggrolls, simply place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes and enjoy.
Why We Love This Recipe
IRRESISTIBLE FLAVOR: These eggrolls combine the tangy goodness of cheesecake with the tartness of cherries, all wrapped in a golden shell.
CREATIVE TWIST: It’s a unique dessert that puts a creative spin on classic cheesecake.
PERFECTLY SIZED: Each eggroll is a perfectly portioned dessert, so you don’t have to worry about cutting and serving.
GREAT FOR SHARING: While they’re portioned for individual enjoyment, these eggrolls are also great for sharing.
Cherry cheesecake egg rolls are an easy handheld dessert that is sure to please the entire family. Combining the classic crunch of an egg roll wrapper with a creamy cherry cheesecake filling, these treats will surely become the star of any dessert table.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any flavor of pie filling will taste delicious stuffed inside these yummy dessert eggrolls.
You can prepare the egg rolls up to a day in advance; just keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to fry them.
Wonton wrappers are much smaller than eggroll wrappers, but if you’d like to make mini cherry cheesecake eggrolls, you can certainly use wonton wrappers instead.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
- Chocolate Dump Cake
- Butterscotch Delight
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Sheet Pan Cobbler
- Banana Delight
- Pumpkin Delight
Cherry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying the egg rolls
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting the cooked egg rolls, optional
- Add the softened cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Use a handheld mixer on medium-high speed to beat the mixture until smooth and no cream cheese lumps remain, about 1½ to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cheesecake mixture to either a decorator’s bag or a quart-size ziplock bag with a corner of the bag snipped off.
- Add the vegetable oil to a deep 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Heat the oil to 330°F to 340°F. (Use a candy/deep fryer thermometer) While the oil is heating, assemble the eggrolls.
- Lay 1 egg roll wrapper out as if the wrapper were a diamond, with a point pointed towards you.
- Use even pressure to squeeze the cheesecake filling in a line about 3½ inches x 1 inch (8½ mm x 2½ mm) and 1 inch (2½ mm) from the side edge, and about 3 inches (7½ mm) from the bottom diamond point.
- Next, place 6 to 8 cherries on the top edge of the filling.
- Use either your finger or a pastry brush to dampen the edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the bottom point of the diamond over the filling and cherries. Then fold the 2 side edge points over the covered filling and cherries. Roll the egg roll up, making sure the top diamond point makes a good seal. Repeat for the remaining egg rolls.
- Once the oil is ready, work in batches of 2 to 3 egg rolls at a time. Fry the egg rolls for 1½ to 2 minutes per side until golden. Transfer the cooked egg rolls to a paper towel-lined dish. Dust with 1 to 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Serve while warm.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before adding it to the bowl. You want to make sure you don’t end up with any lumps in your cream cheese filling.
- A candy thermometer is the perfect tool to help you check the temperature of the oil in this recipe.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Recipe
- Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Unicorn Cheesecake
- Cheesecake in a Jar
- Mini Black Forest Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Dump Cake