This cherry pineapple dump cake is as simple as it is delicious — it doesn’t require measuring and mixing. You literally dump all the ingredients in a pan and bake and voila! Layers of crushed pineapple, cherry pie filling, cake mix, and butter create the best dessert.
Want more easy desserts? You’ll fall in love with our chocolate dump cake, blueberry dump cake, cherry dump cake, and peach dump cake. If you want more fruit ideas, I suggest trying our blueberry cobbler.
CHERRY PINEAPPLE DUMP CAKE INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 1 large 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 large 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 15.25-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1.5 sticks butter, sliced
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHERRY PINEAPPLE DUMP CAKE RECIPE
STEP ONE: Spray the bottom of a 9×13 dish with cooking spray, then pour crushed pineapple in the bottom.
STEP TWO: Pour cherry pie filling on top of pineapple
STEP THREE: Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the cherry pie filling.
STEP FOUR: Finally, put slices of butter evenly across the whole pan.
STEP FIVE: Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. It will be bubbling and hot when you remove from the oven.
HOW TO SERVE
You can serve dump cakes hot or cold. It’s amazing fresh from the oven, but I also love the flavor and texture of cold dump cake. It’s perfect served warm alone, or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top.
IN THE FRIDGE: You should store any leftovers in the fridge, which will last for three or four days when sealed.
REHEATING: You can microwave individual servings or pop bake in the oven for a few minutes to warm through.
It’s amazing how quick and simple it is to bake this pineapple cherry dump cake. This decadent dessert is as easy as it is delicious. You’ll think the golden cake topping is spectacular — just the right amount of crunchy to balance the sweet, juicy filling.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- Jello Poke Cake
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Mini Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
- Blueberry Hand Pies
- Oreo Pie
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- 1 20- ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 21- ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 15.25- ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1.5 sticks butter sliced
- Spray the bottom of 9×13 dish with cooking spray, then pour crushed pineapple in.
- Top with cherry pie filling, then sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the cherries.
- Evenly put slices of butter across the whole pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.