October 10, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
The perfect combination of sweet, tart, and creamy, this lemon lasagna is one of our favorite no-bake recipes. Velvety cream cheese, fluffy whipped cream, and tangy lemon pudding are layered together for a dreamy dessert that will awaken your taste buds, while a golden Oreo crust and topping add just the right amount of crunch to complete this amazing dessert.
Lemon Lasagna Ingredients
- 1 (14.3-ounce) package of golden Oreo cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 16-ounce container of Cool Whip, divided in half
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package of instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups of milk
- Optional: lemons for garnish
The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
Substitutions And Additions
LEMON PUDDING LAYER: Lemon pudding is an easy way to make this layer, but you could also use lemon pie filling or lemon curd. You can substitute either of these for a tart, more lemony flavor. Adding lemon zest to your pudding layer or sprinkled on top of the dessert is a delicious way to add some extra, bright lemon flavor.
CRUST: If you can’t find golden Oreos, you can use a graham cracker crust instead. Substitute 9 crackers (1 sleeve) of graham crackers. Check out our homemade graham cracker crust recipe for instructions.
TOPPINGS: There are so many tasty options here! Top this dessert with your favorites, such as chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, toasted coconut, or shaved white chocolate.
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you would prefer to make your own whipped cream instead of using Cool Whip, check out our whipped cream recipe.
How To Make This Lemon Lasagna Recipe
Our Recipe Developer Says
Transform this lasagna into a pie by making it in a pie dish. Follow the same steps to layer your pie (a deep dish pie tin is recommended). Since the pie dish will be a little smaller, don’t feel like you have to use all of the mixture for each layer.
For The Crust
STEP ONE: In a food processor, pulse the golden Oreos until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside 1 cup of crushed Oreos to use as a topping later.
Be sure to add the whole Oreos to the food processor, filling included. This will help to keep your crust together.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl, combine the crushed Oreos with ½ cup of melted butter.
STEP THREE: Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan. Chill completely in the refrigerator.
For The Cream Cheese Layer
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, 8 ounces of Cool Whip, one cup of powdered sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
STEP FIVE: Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the crust. Chill in the refrigerator.
For The Lemon Layer
STEP SIX: In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups of milk with both of the instant pudding flavors. Mix until the pudding thickens.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the pudding layer over the cream cheese layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
For The Topping
STEP EIGHT: Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
STEP NINE: Chill for at least one hour before serving, or overnight if possible. Before serving, top with the remaining Oreo crumbs and sliced lemons for garnish, if desired.
Chilling this dessert overnight will make it easier to cut and give it a thicker consistency. If you plan to make it a day ahead, add it to the fridge overnight and then top with the crushed cookies just before serving.
How To Serve
Serve this luscious dessert treat for a quick and easy no-bake option anytime you are craving something sweet and tangy. Add our iced tea, raspberry iced tea, sweet peach iced tea, or our southern strawberry sweet tea on the side to wash it down.
IN THE FRIDGE: This lemon lasagna dessert recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: Lemon lasagna can also be frozen for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge before serving.
This bright and cheerful lemon lasagna, also called lemon delight or lemon lush, is the ultimate four-layer treat! So many creamy ingredients make this a heavenly confection that will become one of your new favorite desserts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are so many possibilities with this recipe. Try chocolate pudding with chocolate Oreos, banana pudding with golden Oreos, or pistachio pudding with chocolate Oreos. Choose toppings that pair well with each flavor.
You can keep lemon lasagna in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for about a month.
If you can’t find vanilla Oreos, you can use either graham cracker crumbs or vanilla Nilla wafers for your crust.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Lemon Poke Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Lemon Lush
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Lemon Curd
- Banana Pudding Pie
- Meringue Cookies
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
- S’mores Lasagna
- White Chocolate Lasagna
- Mint Chip Dessert Lasagna
- Cream Puff Dessert
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- Cool Whip Candy
- Campfire Dessert Pizza
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Christmas Lasagna Dessert
- Butterscotch Cool Whip Pie
- Coconut Macaroons
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Lemon Blueberry Cobbler
- Mini Key Lime Pies
- Hot Cocoa Lasagna
- Lemon Cake with Lemon Curd
- Lemon Cake
- 14.3 ounces golden Oreo cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, divided in half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3.4 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- lemons, for optional garnish
For the Crust
- Place the whole golden Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside one cup of crushed Oreos for the topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed golden Oreos with ½ cup melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the Cream Cheese Layer
- In a large mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese, 8 ounces of Cool Whip, one cup powdered sugar, and lemon juice from 1 lemon until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cookie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the Lemon Layer
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 3 cups milk with both instant pudding flavors until pudding thickens.
- Spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Chill.
For the Topping
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving. Cover with remaining Oreo crumbs and lemon slices for garnish, if desired.
- The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
- Transform this lasagna into a pie by making it in a pie dish. Follow the same steps to layer your pie (a deep dish pie tin is recommended). Since the pie dish will be a little smaller, don’t feel like you have to use all of the mixture for each layer.
- Be sure to add the whole Oreos to the food processor, filling included. This will help to keep your crust together.
- Chilling this dessert overnight will make it easier to cut and give it a thicker consistency. If you plan to make it a day ahead, add it to the fridge overnight and then top with the crushed cookies just before serving.