Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
The perfect combination of sweet, tart and creamy, this lemon lasagna is one of our favorite no-bake recipes — using cream cheese, cool whip, and lemon pudding. A golden Oreo crust and topping adds just the right amount of crunch.
Lemon Lasagna Ingredients
You will need:
- 1 package (14.3 oz) golden Oreo cookies
- ½ cup melted butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz container cool whip, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Optional: lemons for garnish
For the lemon layer: Lemon pudding is an easy way to make this layer but so is lemon pie filling or lemon curd. You can substitute either of these for a tart, more lemony flavor. Adding lemon zest to your pudding layer or sprinkled on top of the dessert is a delicious way to add some extra, bright lemon flavor.
For the crust: If you can’t find golden Oreos, you can use graham crackers instead. Substitute 9 crackers (1 sleeve) of graham crackers.
For the topping: There are so many tasty options here! Top this dessert with your favorite: chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, toasted coconut, or shaved white chocolate.
How to Make Lemon Lasagna
This lemon lasagna has four tasty layers: cookie crust, cream cheese, and cool whip, lemon pudding, and cool whip. Each layer takes only a couple of simple steps.
PRO TIP: Transform this lasagna into a pie by making it in a pie dish. Follow the same steps to layer your pie (deep dish pie tin recommended). Since the pie dish will be a little smaller, don’t feel like you have to use all of the mixture for each layer.
STEP ONE: In a food processor, pulse the golden Oreos until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside 1 cup of crushed Oreos to use as a topping later. Be sure to add the whole Oreos to the food processor, filling included. This will help to keep your crust together.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl, combine the crushed Oreos with ½ cup of melted butter.
STEP THREE: Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 13” pan. Chill completely in the refrigerator.
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, 8 oz cool whip, one cup powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
STEP FIVE: Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
STEP SIX: In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups of milk with both of the instant pudding flavors. Mix until the pudding thickens.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the pudding layer over the cream cheese layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
STEP EIGHT: Top with the remaining cool whip.
STEP NINE: Chill for at least one hour before serving, or overnight if possible. Before serving top with the remaining Oreo crumbs and lemon slices for garnish, if desired.
PRO TIP: Chilling this dessert overnight will make it easier to cut and a thicker consistency. If you plan to make it a day ahead, add it to the fridge overnight and then top with the crushed cookies just before serving.
Lemon lasagna (also called ‘lemon delight’) is the ultimate four-layer treat!
More Lemon Recipes You’ll Love
- 14.3 oz golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz cool whip divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3.4 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- lemons for optional garnish
- Place whole golden Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside one cup of crushed Oreos for topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed golden Oreos with 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese, 8 oz cool whip, one cup powdered sugar, and lemon juice from 1 lemon until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cookie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 3 cups milk with both instant pudding flavors until pudding thickens.
- Spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Chill.
- Top with remaining cool whip.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving. Cover with remaining Oreo crumbs and lemon slices for garnish, if desired.