Last updated on
Table of Contents
The perfect combination of sweet, tart and creamy, this lemon lasagna is one of our favorite no-bake recipes. Velvety cream cheese, fluffy whipped cream, and tangy lemon pudding are layered together for a dreamy dessert that will awaken your taste buds. A golden Oreo crust and topping adds just the right amount of crunch to complete this amazing dessert.
Dessert lasagnas are all the rage, and we can’t get enough of these sweet layered desserts! Our other popular picks are strawberry delight, chocolate lasagna, raspberry lasagna and chocolate peanut butter lasagna. For the lemon lovers, we have lots of lemon desserts to share with you. Check out our lemon cheesecake and lemon brownies.
LEMON LASAGNA INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) golden Oreo cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 16-ounce container cool whip, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 package (3.4-ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4-ounce) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Optional: lemons for garnish
Pro Tip: The pudding will not set with dairy-free or lactose-free milk. Make sure you are using regular milk in this recipe.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Lemon pudding layer: Lemon pudding is an easy way to make this layer, but you could also use lemon pie filling or lemon curd. You can substitute either of these for a tart, more lemony flavor. Adding lemon zest to your pudding layer or sprinkled on top of the dessert is a delicious way to add some extra, bright lemon flavor.
Crust: If you can’t find golden Oreos, you can use a graham cracker crust instead. Substitute 9 crackers (1 sleeve) of graham crackers.
Topping: There are so many tasty options here! Top this dessert with your favorites, such as chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, toasted coconut, or shaved white chocolate.
Whipped Topping: If you would prefer to make your own whipped cream instead of using Cool Whip, check out our whipped cream recipe.
HOW TO MAKE THIS LEMON LASAGNA RECIPE
PRO TIP: Transform this lasagna into a pie by making it in a pie dish. Follow the same steps to layer your pie (a deep dish pie tin is recommended). Since the pie dish will be a little smaller, don’t feel like you have to use all of the mixture for each layer.
For the Crust
STEP ONE: In a food processor, pulse the golden Oreos until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside 1 cup of crushed Oreos to use as a topping later.
PRO TIP: Be sure to add the whole Oreos to the food processor, filling included. This will help to keep your crust together.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl, combine the crushed Oreos with ½ cup of melted butter.
STEP THREE: Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Chill completely in the refrigerator.
For the Cream Cheese Layer
STEP FOUR: In a large bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, 8 ounces of Cool Whip, one cup of powdered sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
STEP FIVE: Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the crust. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the Lemon Layer
STEP SIX: In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups of milk with both of the instant pudding flavors. Mix until the pudding thickens.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the pudding layer over the cream cheese layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the Topping
STEP EIGHT: Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
STEP NINE: Chill for at least one hour before serving, or overnight if possible. Before serving, top with the remaining Oreo crumbs and sliced lemons for garnish, if desired.
PRO TIP: Chilling this dessert overnight will make it easier to cut and give it a thicker consistency. If you plan to make it a day ahead, add it to the fridge overnight and then top with the crushed cookies just before serving.
HOW TO SERVE
Serve this luscious dessert treat for a quick and easy no-bake option anytime you are craving something sweet and tangy. Add our iced tea, raspberry iced tea, sweet peach iced tea, or our southern strawberry sweet tea on the side to wash it down.
IN THE FRIDGE: This lemon lasagna dessert recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: Lemon lasagna can also be frozen for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge before serving.
This bright and cheerful lemon lasagna, also called lemon delight or lemon lush, is the ultimate four-layer treat! So many creamy ingredients make this a heavenly treat that will become one of your new favorite desserts.
There are so many possibilities with this recipe. Try chocolate pudding with chocolate Oreos, banana pudding with golden Oreos, or pistachio pudding with chocolate Oreos. Choose toppings that pair well with each flavor.
You can keep lemon lasagna in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for about a month.
If you can’t find vanilla Oreos, you can use either graham cracker crumbs or vanilla Nilla wafers for your crust.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Lemon Poke Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Lemon Lush
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 14.3 ounces golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces cool whip divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3.4 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- lemons for optional garnish
For the crust
- Place whole golden Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside one cup of crushed Oreos for topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed golden Oreos with ½ cup melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the cream cheese layer
- In a large mixing bowl mix softened cream cheese, 8 oz cool whip, one cup powdered sugar, and lemon juice from 1 lemon until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cookie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the lemon layer
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 3 cups milk with both instant pudding flavors until pudding thickens.
- Spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Chill.
For the topping
- Top with remaining cool whip.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving. Cover with remaining Oreo crumbs and lemon slices for garnish, if desired.