October 5, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This pudding fruit salad will be a welcome addition to potlucks and special occasion meals all year round. Loaded with all the ingredients we love about fluff salad, we mix pudding and whipped topping with plenty of fresh fruit and marshmallows for this delightful treat.
Pudding Fruit Salad Ingredients
Indulge in a delightful dessert featuring a creamy whipped topping and comforting vanilla pudding mix.
This fruity medley combines the juiciness of green grapes, the sweetness of strawberries, and the tropical flair of pineapple tidbits and mandarin oranges.
- 1 (8-ounce) container of whipped topping, thawed
- 3½ tablespoons (½ of a 3.4-ounce box) of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of seedless green grapes
- 2 cups of sliced fresh strawberries, washed and capped
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 (20-ounce) can of pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 (11-ounce) cans of mandarin oranges, drained
Make sure you buy seedless grapes for this recipe. If the green grapes at the grocery store don’t look nice, you can just use red grapes in the salad as long as you end up with 2 cups of grapes.
Substitutions And Additions
GRAPES: You can substitute black or red seedless grapes for green seedless grapes.
PINEAPPLE: You can substitute drained crushed pineapple for the pineapple tidbits in this great recipe.
MIX-INS: You can add chopped nuts, shredded coconut or coconut flakes, or even drained halved maraschino cherries to the salad for extra texture and crunch.
WHIPPED TOPPING: If you would prefer to use homemade whipped cream in this easy fruit salad, check out our whipped cream recipe.
MARSHMALLOWS: You can choose to use white miniature marshmallows or make your vanilla pudding fruit salad extra fun with rainbow mini marshmallows.
How To Make This Pudding Fruit Salad Recipe
All the fresh ingredients are combined with the creamy pudding dressing for this quick and easy salad. Let’s get started.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If you have the time, allow this salad to chill for several hours in the fridge. This will allow the flavors to mingle together in your salad.
STEP ONE: Add the thawed whipped topping to a large bowl.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle the 3½ tablespoons of instant pudding over the whipped topping. Whisk until the pudding and whipped topping are completely combined.
STEP THREE: Add the grapes, sliced strawberries, mini marshmallows, pineapple, and mandarin oranges.
Stir until the fruit and marshmallows are completely coated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
Stir all of the ingredients together carefully as you don’t want to break apart the fruit pieces.
How To Serve This Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
This fruit salad with vanilla pudding is an easy side dish or light dessert.
As a dessert, serve it in a bowl with a cold iced tea on the side to wash it down.
Dessert fluff salads are light and fresh choices for summer meals or special occasions.
Storing This Fruit Fluff With Pudding
If you have leftovers, here are our tips for storing this tasty salad.
IN THE FRIDGE: Store any leftovers of this creamy fruit salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
IN THE FREEZER: This fruit fluff salad is not recommended for freezing as the creamy dressing may become watery once thawed.
This pudding fruit salad makes for a refreshing side dish or an easy dessert and does not take a lot of time to make. Loaded with juicy fruit and a creamy dressing, you can’t go wrong with adding this to your summer barbecue menu or holiday dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions
This classic salad can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for a few days.
This delicious fruit salad dessert is flexible, and you can easily add different fruits. If you decide to add extra fruit, you may want to consider increasing the amount of dressing
It is actually best to make this vintage recipe ahead of time. It gives the salad time to let all the flavors mingle and combine together for an even tastier fluff salad.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Lemon Curd
- Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 5 Cup Salad
- Orange Fluff
- Watergate Salad
- Tropical Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- Orange Creamsicle Salad
- Fuji Apple Panera Salad
- Pina Colada Fluff
- Air Fryer Pineapple
- Pineapple Casserole
- Snickers Salad
- Lemon Fluff
- Peach Fluff
- Banana Split Fluff
- Apple Salad
Pudding Fruit Salad
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 3½ tablespoons instant vanilla pudding (½ of a 3.4-ounce box)
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, washed and capped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 22 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- Add the thawed whipped topping to a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the 3½ tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding over the whipped topping. Whisk until the pudding, and whipped topping are completely combined.
- Add the grapes, sliced strawberries, mini marshmallows, pineapple, and mandarin oranges. Stir until the fruit and marshmallows are completely coated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Make sure you buy seedless grapes for this recipe. If the green grapes at the grocery store don’t look nice, you can just use red grapes in the salad as long as you end up with 2 cups of grapes.
- If you have the time, allow this salad to chill for several hours in the fridge. This will allow the flavors to mingle together in your salad.
- Stir all of the ingredients together carefully as you don’t want to break apart the fruit pieces