October 17, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This easy everything bagel pasta dish takes all the amazing flavors and crunch of the popular bagel seasoning and mixes it into a simple pasta sauce. This spice is magic and can be sprinkled on almost anything, who’d have thought that pasta would go so well with a bagel flavor?
Everything Bagel Pasta Ingredients
This pasta is a delightful fusion of flavors, featuring linguini pasta as its base and a bold, savory twist from the everything bagel seasoning blend.
Creamy and rich, the sauce combines cream cheese and whole milk, complemented by the sharpness of grated pecorino romano cheese.
The garnish of additional seasoning and fresh parsley adds visual and textural appeal to this unique and satisfying dish.
- 1 (16-ounce) box of linguini pasta, cooked
- ½ cup of water reserved from the cooked pasta
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup (1 small) yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups of whole milk
- ½ cup of grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Substitutions And Additions
PASTA: You can use any pasta you prefer, but using something of a similar size and shape to the linguine will give you a tasty dish with the creamy sauce.
You can also substitute whole wheat pasta for regular pasta if that is what you like.
CHICKEN: This dish would be great with the addition of grilled boneless skinless chicken breast for added protein to your meal.
CHEESE: If you do not like pecorino-romano cheese, grated parmesan cheese will be just as delicious. This would make it very similar to a fettuccine Alfredo sauce.
GARNISH: You can substitute chopped chives or green onions for the parsley. You can also add an extra quarter cup of grated cheese for the garnish.
CREAM CHEESE: While plain cream cheese is perfect for this recipe, if you are feeling adventurous, you could try out different kinds of cream cheese mixed into the pasta.
Whichever flavor you decide to use, try to get it in the block type of cream cheese, which makes measuring and mixing easier.
SEASONING: Don’t worry if you can’t find the seasoning at the store, you can now make your own seasoning with our everything bagel seasoning recipe.
If there is a certain ingredient that you don’t like in the original, you can modify the recipe to make your own custom blend.
How To Make This Everything Bagel Pasta Recipe
Let’s have a look at the step-by-step instructions for making this pasta and combining it with the simple sauce.
STEP ONE: In a large pot, cook pasta with a pinch of salt in the water to al dente according to package instructions (9 to 11 minutes).
When the pasta is done cooking, reserve a half cup of the pasta water in a separate bowl to be used for later. Drain the remaining liquid. Set aside.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Al dente is the ideal consistency for pasta. The pasta will be tender and will still have a slightly firm texture when you bite into it.
STEP TWO: While your pasta is cooking, in a large skillet on medium-high heat, saute your butter, onions, everything bagel seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Saute the onions for two to three minutes or until they are soft and translucent.
Keep a close eye on the spices in the pan as you don’t want to burn them while sauteing the onion. Just make sure you stir frequently.
STEP THREE: Add the flour to the onions and cook for another one to two minutes until you no longer see raw flour.
STEP FOUR: Whisk the reserved pasta water into the flour mixture, making sure you do not have any lumps remaining.
STEP FIVE: Add the block of cream cheese to the flour and onion mixture. Stir the cream cheese around so that it melts into the flour mixture and is smooth.
STEP SIX: Slowly add the milk to the cream cheese mixture.
Allow this sauce to cook and thicken for three to five minutes, make sure to whisk constantly to avoid any lumps from forming.
Make sure you are whisking constantly as you want to maintain the creamy consistency and not have any milk or cream cheese burn on the bottom of the pan.
STEP SEVEN: Add the grated pecorino-romano cheese to the sauce and stir to combine.
STEP EIGHT: Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss it to coat it entirely in the sauce.
STEP NINE: You can garnish the pasta with the additional everything bagel seasoning and chopped fresh parsley if desired.
How To Serve
Serve this everything but the bagel pasta recipe right away with a sprinkle of cheese and another dash of everything bagel seasoning.
Cream sauces tend to taste the best right out of the pan, and this one is no exception.
Now that you’ve savored the incredible flavors of our everything bagel pasta, let’s talk about how to store this delicious dish to enjoy later.
MAKE AHEAD: If you want to get a head start on meal prep or plan for a busy weeknight, you can make the sauce in advance.
Follow the recipe up to the point where you’ve made the sauce but haven’t combined it with the cooked pasta.
Store the sauce separately in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two to three days.
When you’re ready to enjoy your everything bagel pasta, simply reheat the sauce and toss it with freshly cooked pasta.
IN THE FRIDGE: We do not recommend making this flavorful meal ahead of time or freezing it. This sauce is meant to be eaten immediately after making it.
If you do end up with leftovers, they can be stored, in a covered container, in the refrigerator for two to three days.
You may find the texture is not quite the same as when freshly made.
IN THE FREEZER: This pasta won’t freeze well. We recommend making it fresh.
Why We Love This Recipe
INCREDIBLE FLAVOR FUSION: This recipe brilliantly combines the beloved flavors of everything bagels—such as sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, onion, and salt—with creamy pasta.
QUICK AND EASY: With a straightforward cooking process and readily available ingredients, this recipe is incredibly accessible for both novice and experienced cooks. You can whip up a flavorful meal in no time.
CREAMY COMFORT FOOD: The rich and creamy sauce, created with cream cheese and whole milk, provides a comforting and indulgent dining experience. It’s a warm and satisfying dish perfect for chilly evenings.
This viral seasoning, with its nice nutty crunch, is having its moment in the spotlight, and we are taking full advantage of it. It mixes poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic flakes, and onion flakes to take your bagels, and now your pasta, to the next level, with this everything bagel pasta.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any kind of pasta you prefer. If you want to keep the long noodles, any type will work, from angel hair to spaghetti or fettuccine.
When cooking the pasta, it leaves a good amount of starch in the water. The starch granules in that water, when combined with something like the fat in cream cheese, for instance, bond instantly, swell a little bit and create a glossy sauce that coats the pasta nicely.
The sky’s the limit with this everything bagel spice pasta recipe. If you don’t like the ingredients included in the bagel spice, you could add so many different spices and crunchy ingredients to your spice blend.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Creamy Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Cashew Chicken
- Peanut Butter Chicken
- Pizza Chicken
- Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Cajun Pasta
- KFC Zinger Burger
- Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Everything Bagel Pasta
- 16 ounces linguini pasta, cooked
- ½ cup reserved pasta water, from the cooked pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- In a large stockpot, cook your linguini pasta according to package instructions (9 to 11 minutes). When pasta is done cooking, reserve ½ cup of the starchy pasta water in a separate bowl to be used for later. Drain the remaining liquid. Set aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, in a large skillet on medium-high heat saute your butter, onions, everything bagel seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute the onions for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the flour to the onions and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until you no longer see raw flour.
- Whisk the reserved pasta water into the flour mixture, making sure you do not have any lumps remaining.
- Add the cream cheese to the flour and onion mixture. Stir the cream cheese around so that it melts into the flour mixture and is smooth.
- Slowly add the milk to the cream cheese mixture. Allow this sauce to cook and thicken for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to whisk constantly to avoid any lumps from forming.
- Add the grated pecorino-romano cheese to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss it to coat it entirely in the sauce.
- You can garnish the Everything Bagel Pasta with the additional everything bagel seasoning and chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Al dente is the ideal consistency for pasta. The pasta will be tender and will still have a slightly firm texture when you bite into it.
- Keep a close eye on the spices in the pan as you don’t want to burn them while sauteing the onion. Just make sure you stir frequently.
- Make sure you are whisking constantly as you want to maintain the creamy consistency and not have any milk or cream cheese burn on the bottom of the pan.