October 12, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Butter pecan crunch might just be the perfect no-bake dessert. Its filling is a creamy mix of vanilla pudding and rich butter pecan ice cream, which sits atop a buttery graham cracker crust and topped with a generous sprinkle of crumbled Heath bars. So tasty!
Butter Pecan Crunch Ingredients
If you love the taste of butter pecan ice cream but want to take your dessert game up a notch, butter pecan crunch is the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors!
For our recipe, you’ll need:
For The Crust:
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 10 graham crackers, crushed
- 7 tablespoons of melted butter
For The Filling:
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 (3.4-ounce) boxes of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 quart of butter pecan ice cream
- 1 (8-ounce) container of Cool Whip
- 2 Heath candy bars
Substitutions And Additions
CANDY BARS: Crumbled-up Skor bars or toffee chips would be a yummy alternative to Heath candy bars if you can’t get your hands on them. You can also choose another type of milk or dark chocolate bar if you’d like.
TOPPINGS: Feel free to add any other of your favorite toppings to your ice cream cake. Extra chopped nuts are a great choice.
ICE CREAM: This recipe isn’t just limited to butter pecan, either. I’ve tried it with other ice cream flavors, and they turn out just as amazing.
Test out your favorite ice cream flavors, and let us know your top choices for this recipe. Chocolate ice cream and butterscotch ice cream are both great choices.
How To Make This Butter Pecan Crunch Recipe
With its creamy texture, sweetness from the pecans, and a buttery finish, this frozen dessert is sure to become a favorite in no time. Best of all, it’s surprisingly simple to put together.
Here’s how you make it:
For The Graham Cracker Crust
STEP ONE: Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Combine the white and brown sugar with the graham cracker crumbs.
Crush the graham crackers either by pulsing them in a food processor until they are crumbs or put the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
STEP THREE: Melt butter and combine it with the mixture to make a crumbly paste.
STEP FOUR: Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
STEP FIVE: Set the crust by letting it refrigerate for about 10 to 20 minutes before putting in any fillings.
For The Filling
STEP ONE: In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, mix milk and vanilla pudding mixes together until it becomes thick.
STEP TWO: Add the butter pecan ice cream and fold until even.
STEP THREE: Pour the creamy filling into the pan on top of the graham cracker crust and use an offset spatula to evenly spread it in the prepared pan, then put it in the freezer to chill for about 2 hours.
STEP FOUR: Before serving, top with Cool Whip and 2 chopped-up Heath candy bars.
Put the Heath bars in the freezer while the dessert is chilling to make them easier to chop.
How To Serve
Whether you’re looking to create something special for an upcoming event or just want to enjoy something sweet, this butter pecan crunch recipe will have everyone asking for more.
You can also add whipped cream, which is honestly a go-to for any dessert.
IN THE FREEZER: Store any leftovers of this pecan butter crunch recipe in the freezer in an airtight container for up to three months.
Icebox cakes are some of my favorite desserts to make. This butter pecan crunch treat is a no-bake ice cream cake that combines the thick texture of the ice cream base with the crunchy texture of the crust and lots of pecans for a satisfying texture.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This is a fun recipe to experiment with. It is flexible enough that you could use any flavor of ice cream you’d like.
Skor bars are very similar to Heath bars, so they would work great if you can’t find Heath bars. Toffee bits would also be a great topping for this treat.
This creamy butter pecan crunch recipe would also work with vanilla sandwich cookies or a Nilla wafer crust.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Banana Pudding Cake
- Better Than Sex Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Oreo Pie
- Banana Pudding
- Butter Pecan Cheesecake Bites
- Oreo Delight
- Chocolate Peanut Toffee
- Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- Lemon Eclair Cake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
- Banana Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- Vanilla Cool Whip Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Pudding Cake
Butter Pecan Crunch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 graham crackers, crushed
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 Heath candy bars
- Combine the graham crumbs and white and brown sugar together. Add the melted butter to make a crumbly paste.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Mix milk and vanilla pudding together, then add butter pecan ice cream.
- Pour on top of the graham cracker crust, then put in the freezer to chill.
- Before serving, top with Cool Whip and 2 chopped up Heath candy bars.
- Crush the graham crackers either by pulsing them in a food processor until they are crumbs or put the crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Put the Heath bars in the freezer while the dessert is chilling to make them easier to crumble.