September 21, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This no-bake Oreo delight is a dreamy dessert with layers of crushed Oreo cookies, velvety cream cheese, rich chocolate pudding, and sweet Cool Whip. It’s super easy to make, and you are sure to have a crowd-pleaser on your hands.
Oreo Delight Dessert Ingredients
You will need:
- 50 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) containers of Cool Whip
- 2½ cups of 2% milk
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages of instant chocolate pudding
Substitutions And Additions
CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR: This is also known as powdered sugar or icing sugar. In a pinch, you could use two cups of granulated white sugar instead.
COOL WHIP: If you can’t get hold of Cool Whip where you live, then take some cold heavy cream and whip it until it forms firm peaks.
MILK: Use 2% milk if you have it, but any other kind will work just fine.
How To Make Oreo Delight With Chocolate Pudding
It’s highly recommended to make this fabulous treat a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and make it easier to cut into slices.
STEP ONE: Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Use a food processor to crush the Oreos (filling included) into fine crumbs. Remove ¾ cup of the crushed Oreos and set these aside for the topping.
STEP THREE: Melt the butter and mix in the remaining Oreo crumbs.
STEP FOUR: Press the Oreo and melted butter mixture into the bottom of the lined baking dish. Pop it into the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
STEP FIVE: With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
Beat in one tub of Cool Whip for about 30 seconds.
Take care not to over-beat the mixture at this point.
STEP SIX: Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the crust and then put it back into the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
Dollop the cream cheese mixture in a few places so that you can spread it out without disturbing the Oreo base.
STEP SEVEN: In a clean bowl, beat together the milk and dry pudding mix for two minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Spread the pudding evenly and carefully over the cream cheese layer.
STEP NINE: Add a final layer of Cool Whip and sprinkle with the remaining crushed Oreos.
STEP TEN: Chill for at least six hours before cutting and serving.
How To Serve
There really isn’t any wrong time to serve this fluffy dessert, at least in my opinion.
A cold glass of iced tea would also be delicious to wash this dessert down.
For another amazing no-bake recipe, try our heaven on Earth cake!
How To Store An Oreo Delight With Chocolate Pudding
IN THE FRIDGE: Oreo delight can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: You can store Oreo delight in the freezer for up to three months. Freeze portion sizes in small airtight containers, then thaw in the refrigerator.
You Will Love This Heavenly Oreo Dessert
Once you’ve made this Oreo delight with chocolate pudding and Cool Whip, you’ll want to make it again and again. Cool, creamy, and refreshing, it’s a great go-to dessert to bring to potlucks all year round.
Oreo Delight Dessert FAQ
There are two quick and easy ways to crush Oreos. You can put them in a food processor and pulse them until they are fine crumbs. The alternative is to add them to a Ziploc bag and crush them using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
Oreos can be frozen, as long as they are well sealed, for up to three months.
Since Oreo delight has cream cheese and whipped topping, it needs to be stored in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Smash Cake
- Strawberry Delight
- Blueberry Delight
- Easy Frozen Oreo Dessert
- Football Cheese Ball
- Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Apple Delight
- Oreo Balls
- Texas Sheet Cake Bites
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Mint Oreo Dessert
- Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- Butterscotch Cool Whip Pie
- Pudding Cake
- Birthday Cake Delight
- Ingredients for Better than Sex Cake
- Cherry Angel Food Cake
- Fun Games for Childrens Party
- Worcestershire Sauce Meatloaf Recipe
- Recipe for Dump Cake with Peaches
- Oreo Pie Dessert
- Grinch Snowball Cookies
- Banana Delight
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dump Cake
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Coconut Macaroons
- Air Fried Oreos
- Oreo Cake in a Mug
- Golden Oreo Dessert
- Black Forest Icebox Cake
Heavenly Oreo Dessert
- 50 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (two 8-ounce tubs)
- 6.8 ounces instant chocolate pudding (two 3.4-ounce packages)
- 2½ cups 2% milk
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Use a food processor to crush the Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Remove ¾ cup crushed Oreos and set these aside for toppings.
- Combine the remaining crushed Oreos with melted butter.
- Press the Oreo and butter mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish. Pop this into the freezer for a few minutes while you prepare your next layer.
- Beat together the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Beat in 1 tub of Cool Whip (about 30 seconds – don’t overbeat) into the cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully layer the cream cheese mixture over the Oreo crust. Drop the cream cheese mixture evenly over top of the crust so that it’s easier to spread out evenly. You don’t want to spread this out too much, or you’ll start to pull up the Oreo base.
- In a separate bowl, beat together milk and dry pudding packets. Beat for about 2 minutes.
- Spread the pudding evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread the remaining tub of Cool Whip over the top, then sprinkle with the remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Chill at least 6 hours before cutting and serving.
- It’s highly recommended to make this fabulous treat a day ahead of time and refrigerate it overnight. This will allow it to thicken and make it easier to cut into slices.
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture in a few places so that you can spread it out without disturbing the Oreo base.