Last updated on
Table of Contents
This no-bake Oreo Delight dessert has layers of crushed Oreo cookies, cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and Cool Whip. It’s super easy to make and you are sure to please a crowd.
You’ll find plenty more Oreo recipes on this site. Some of our favorites that you won’t want to miss include No-Bake Oreo Pie and these incredible Deep Fried Oreos. For another amazing no-bake recipe, try our Heaven on Earth Cake!
OREO DELIGHT INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 50 Oreo cookies
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 250g package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tubs of Cool Whip
- 2 packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 ½ cups of 2% milk
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
Confectioners’ Sugar: This is also known as powdered sugar or icing sugar. In a pinch you could use two cups of granulated white sugar instead.
Cool Whip: If you can’t get hold of Cool Whip where you live, then take some coldy heavy cream and whip it until it forms firm peaks.
Milk: Use 2% milk if you have it, but any other kind will work just fine.
HOW TO MAKE THIS OREO DELIGHT RECIPE
STEP ONE: Line a 9” x 13” baking dish with parchment paper.
STEP TWO: Use a food processor to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs. Remove three quarters of a cup of the crushed Oreos and set these aside for the topping.
STEP THREE: Melt the butter and mix in the remaining Oreo crumbs.
STEP FOUR: Press the Oreo and butter mixture into the bottom of the lined baking dish. Pop it into the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
STEP FIVE: Beat together the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Beat in one tub of Cool Whip for about 30 seconds.
PRO TIP: Take care not to over-beat at this point.
STEP SIX: Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over the Oreo Crust and then put it back into the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
PRO TIP: Dollop the cream cheese mixture in a few places so that you can spread it out without disturbing the Oreo base.
STEP SEVEN: In a clean bowl, beat together the milk and dry pudding mix for two minutes.
STEP EIGHT: Spread the pudding evenly over the cream cheese layer carefully.
STEP NINE: Add a final layer of Cool Whip and sprinkle with the remaining Oreo crumbs.
STEP TEN: Chill for at least six hours before cutting and serving.
IN THE FRIDGE: Oreo Delight can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days in an airtight container.
IN THE FREEZER: You can store Oreo Delight in the freezer for up to three months. Freeze portion sizes in small airtight containers then thaw in the refrigerator.
Once you’ve made this Oreo Delight with chocolate pudding and Cool Whip, you’ll want to make it again and again. Cool, creamy and refreshing, it’s a great go-to dessert to bring to potlucks all year round.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 50 oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 250 g package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tubs cool whip
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding
- 2 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Prepare a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Use a food processor to crush Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Remove ¾ cup crushed Oreos and set these aside for toppings.
- Mix the remaining crushed Oreos with melted butter and stir to mix.
- Press the Oreo and butter mixture into the bottom of the prepared dish. Pop this into the freezer for a few minutes while you prepare your next layer.
- Beat together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Beat in 1 package of Cool Whip (about 30 seconds – don’t overbeat) into the cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully layer the cream cheese mixture over the Oreo Crust. Drop the cream cheese mixture evenly over top of the crust so that it’s easier to spread out evenly. You don’t want to spread this out too much or you’ll start to pull up the Oreo base.
- In a separate bowl, beat together milk and dry pudding mixtures. Beat about 2 minutes.
- Spread pudding evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread other package of Cool Whip over the top then sprinkled with remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Chill at least 6 hours before cutting and serving.