August 30, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This Oreo milkshake is a chocolatey, creamy drink that needs just five ingredients to create an irresistible treat. Sweet vanilla ice cream is blended with milk and Oreos to make a classic milkshake before more Oreos, whipped cream, and rich chocolate sauce are added for a fun and delicious twist.
Oreo Milkshake Ingredients
Blended with Oreo cookies that offer a satisfying crunch and cookies-and-cream essence, the creamy milkshake is a classic treat.
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 10 Oreo cookies, plus several more for garnish
- Chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Whipped cream, for garnish
You can swap in lower-fat milk or even frozen yogurt to reduce the calories. Lower fat milk may make this shake a little thinner.
Substitutions And Additions
VANILLA ICE CREAM: You can also use frozen bananas in place of ice cream. Use chocolate syrup or something similar to make it sweeter.
WHOLE MILK: If you don’t have any whole milk on hand, you can use 2 cups of 1% or 2% milk plus 2 tablespoons half and half in this recipe.
TOPPINGS: You can top your milkshake with anything you want, but we suggest mini chocolate chips or sprinkles for some extra sweetness.
If you’re hosting a party, you can create a toppings bar with more Oreo pieces, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, M&M’s, mini marshmallows, and maraschino cherries.
OREOS: If you don’t have any Oreos, substitute any other sandwich cookies or candy such as M&M’s.
How To Make This Oreo Milkshake Recipe
This easy milkshake comes together in your blender, and you’ll be ready to enjoy it in only a few minutes.
STEP ONE: Place two tall milkshake glasses in the freezer to let them chill while making the milkshakes.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If you want to chill a glass quickly, fill the glass with crushed ice and soda water while preparing your milkshake.
STEP TWO: Blend the ice cream, milk, and 10 Oreo cookies.
You can add one cup of ice to the ingredients for added thickness and also cut the richness a little. Less milk will also make a thicker shake.
STEP THREE: Drizzle a little bit of chocolate syrup on the inside of each chilled glass and/or along the rim of the glass.
Use hot fudge sauce for a thicker drizzle on the inside of the glasses.
STEP FOUR: Divide the milkshake mixture between the two glasses.
STEP FIVE: Top your milkshake with whipped cream, more chocolate syrup, crushed Oreos, or even a whole Oreo.
STEP SIX: Serve your milkshakes immediately.
How To Serve This Oreo Cookie Shake
This easy Oreo milkshake would be delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day.
It would also make a fantastic after-school snack, along with our cowboy cookies.
For another creamy frozen drink, try our delicious frozen hot chocolate.
Need to use up some Oreos? Whip up some easy Oreo fudge. It’s so rich and so good!
Storing This Oreo Shake Recipe
IN THE FRIDGE/FREEZER: This easy recipe is only good fresh, so make sure to enjoy your delicious Oreo milkshakes right away. We don’t recommend storing it for later.
Milkshakes are such a fun surprise for your kids! This Oreo milkshake recipe is a rich and smooth dessert with a bit of cookie crunch that’s so simple, you can make it in minutes. We know you’re going to love this delicious treat.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use whatever milk you want for this recipe, but the creaminess of whole milk makes it the best. You could even use almond milk or another nut milk if you would like to make a non-dairy version.
If you are a huge chocolate fan, you can definitely substitute vanilla ice cream with chocolate or any other flavor you love!
If you are looking for a way to make this milkshake without ice cream, you could substitute frozen bananas in place of the ice cream. Your flavor would be slightly different, but it would still be delicious!
To get a thicker consistency, use less milk. You’ll still need a little bit of the milk to get the mixture to blend in the blender without overheating your blender, but you can reduce the total amount of milk that you use for the recipe.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- No Bake Oreo Pie
- Oreo Peppermint Bark
- Wendy’s Frosty
- Oreo Dip
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Red Velvet Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Dessert
- Peach Ice Cream
- Oreo Cupcakes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Mexican Ice Cream
- Mint Oreo Dessert
- Deep Fried Oreos
- Air Fried Oreos
- Banana Milkshake
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- Frozen Oreo Dessert
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Root Beer Popsicles
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 10 Oreo cookies, plus several more for garnish
- chocolate syrup, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Place two tall milkshake glasses in the freezer to chill while making the milkshakes.
- Blend together ice cream, milk, and 10 Oreo cookies.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on the inside of each chilled glass and/or along the rim.
- Divide the milkshake mixture between the two glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, more chocolate syrup, crushed Oreos, and/or a whole Oreo.
- Serve immediately.
- You can swap in lower-fat milk or even frozen yogurt to reduce the calories. Lower fat milk may make this shake a little thinner.
- If you want to chill a glass quickly, fill the glass with crushed ice and soda water while preparing your milkshake!
- You can add 1 cup of ice to the ingredients for added thickness and also cut the richness a little. Less milk will also make a thicker shake.
- Use hot fudge sauce for a thicker drizzle on the inside of the glasses.