November 1, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
This no-bake frozen Oreo dessert is quick to make and tastes amazing. It has a decadent crust and topping made of crushed Oreos and delicious layers of creamy frozen cream cheese filling.
Easy Frozen Oreo Dessert Ingredients
This frozen Oreo dessert is a delightful combination of chocolatey Oreo cookie crumbs in a buttery crust paired with a luscious filling.
The filling, made with cream, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and sweetened condensed milk, offers a rich and velvety texture with a subtle tangy sweetness.
- 1 package (14.3-ounce) of Oreo cookies, divided into 12 cookies and the remainder
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
Substitutions And Additions
HOT FUDGE TOPPING: If you love chocolate, then you have to try this dessert drizzled with hot fudge sauce.
The combination of Oreos and chocolate sauce is heavenly.
WHIPPED CREAM: This is so good with a dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip whipped topping on top!
It adds extra light and fluffy creaminess. And if you have little ones around, it’s fun to have them decorate: add whipped cream with sprinkles or more Oreo crumbles.
OTHER FLAVORS OF OREOS: For a tasty twist, try this recipe with different flavors of Oreos. Mint Oreos or Chocolate Oreos are popular alternatives.
How To Make This Easy Frozen Oreo Dessert Recipe
Let’s walk through the steps for making this simple, yet decadent dessert.
STEP ONE: Remove 12 Oreos from the package. Set these aside. These will be crushed for an Oreo topping.
Crush the remaining Oreos until they are finely ground.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
You can crush your cookies by placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or by placing them in a food processor.
STEP TWO: Mix half of the crushed Oreo crumbs with the melted butter. Press the Oreo crust mixture into a 9×9-inch square baking pan to form the crust.
Place the pan in the refrigerator to set while preparing the filling. Set aside the rest of the Oreo crumbs.
STEP THREE: In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set this aside.
STEP FOUR: In another large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Then, add the vanilla and mix together.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t have lumps in your creamy dessert.
STEP FIVE: Using a spatula, gently fold the heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
STEP SIX: Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing gently until fully combined.
STEP SEVEN: Mix in the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs.
STEP EIGHT: Spread the mixture evenly over the cookie crust.
STEP NINE: Crush the rest of the cookies and sprinkle them on top of the filling. These Oreos should be crushed up into medium-sized chunks.
STEP TEN: Cover the pan with foil and place it in the freezer until solid. Freeze for at least three to four hours, preferably overnight.
Remove the pan from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. This will give the dessert time to soften slightly so that it’s easier to cut.
If you’re having trouble cutting your dessert, try dipping your knife in hot water first.
How To Serve
Whip up this tasty dessert for all those Oreo cookie fans in your life. It would be a fun alternative to a birthday cake.
MORE NO-BAKE RECIPES
Whether you’re making it in advance, have leftovers, or simply want to enjoy it at its best, here’s how to store this delectable treat.
MAKE AHEAD: After preparing and assembling the dessert, cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent any moisture from getting in.
Pop it into the freezer, and it can be stored for up to a month without losing its fantastic flavor.
IN THE FREEZER: This perfect dessert tastes best frozen — it’s like eating an Oreo ice cream sandwich!
And because the middle layer is heavy whipping cream, freezing it keeps it in place. This recipe should be frozen so that it stays fluffy, yummy, and perfectly crunchy.
Why We Love This Recipe
IRRESISTIBLE OREO FLAVOR: The combination of the chocolatey cookie crust and creamy filling is a nostalgic treat that’s hard to resist.
EFFORTLESS PREPARATION: The recipe is incredibly easy to follow, making it perfect for both beginner and experienced bakers.
CROWD-PLEASER: Whether you’re serving it at a family gathering, a party, or just indulging on your own, this dessert is a crowd-pleaser.
This easy no-bake frozen Oreo dessert is light and creamy, the best way to cool off on a hot afternoon. Whether you’re craving Oreos or just need a sweet treat, you’ll love this no-bake recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
This simple recipe is best made ahead of time since it needs time in the freezer to chill. Just take it out about 15 minutes before serving so that it is easier to cut.
If you’d like to stick to chocolate, other chocolate sandwich cookies would work well. If you want to try out other flavors of Oreos, those would be a fun way to change up the flavor of this yummy dessert.
This dessert is best stored in the freezer so that all the yummy, creamy filling stays nice and chilled.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Lemon Lasagna
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Eclair Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
Frozen Oreo Dessert
- 14.3 ounces Oreo cookies, crushed and divided into 12 cookies, and the remainder
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Remove 12 Oreos from the package.
- Crush the remaining Oreos either by placing in a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin or placing in a food processor.
- Mix half of the crushed Oreo crumbs with the melted butter. Press into a 9×9 pan to form the crust. Place into the refrigerator while preparing the filling. Set the rest of the Oreo crumbs aside.
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the vanilla and mix again.
- Next add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture folding gently with a spatula.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing gently until fully combined.
- Mix in the remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your cookie base.
- Crush the remaining 12 Oreos and sprinkle them on top of the filling.
- Cover with foil. Return to the freezer and chill until solid (3 to 4 hours, overnight is best).
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- You can crush your cookies by placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or by placing them in a food processor.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t have lumps in your creamy dessert.
- If you’re having trouble cutting your dessert, try dipping your knife in hot water first.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo Milkshake
- Oreo Dip
- Mint Oreo Truffles
- Oreo Balls
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Delight
- Mint Oreo Dessert
- Mexican Ice Cream
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Banana Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Dessert
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream
- How to Make Kool Aid Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Cheese Ice Cream
- Deep Fried Oreos
- Air Fried Oreos
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream