Table of Contents
This no-bake easy frozen Oreo dessert is quick to make and tastes amazing. It has a decadent crust and topping made of crushed Oreos and delicious layers of creamy frozen cream cheese filling.
EASY FROZEN OREO DESSERT INGREDIENTS
- 1 package (14.3-ounce) Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
HOT FUDGE TOPPING: If you love chocolate then you have to try this dessert drizzled with hot fudge sauce. The combination of Oreos and chocolate sauce is heavenly.
WHIPPED CREAM: This is so good with a dollop of whipped cream or Cool Whip whipped topping on top! It adds extra light, fluffy creaminess. And if you have little ones around it can be fun to have them decorate: add whipped cream topped with sprinkles or more Oreo crumbles.
OTHER FLAVORS OF OREOS: For a tasty twist, try this recipe with different flavors of Oreos. Mint Oreos or Chocolate Oreos are popular alternatives.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY FROZEN OREO DESSERT RECIPE
STEP ONE: Remove 12 Oreos from the package. Set these aside (these will be crushed for an Oreo topping)! Crush the remaining Oreos until they are finely ground.
You can crush your cookies by placing them in a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or by placing them in a food processor.
STEP TWO: Mix half of the crushed Oreo crumbs with the melted butter. Press the Oreo crust mixture into a 9×9-inch square baking pan to form the crust. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set while preparing the filling. Set aside the rest of the Oreo crumbs.
STEP THREE: In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set this aside.
STEP FOUR: In another large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Then, add the vanilla and mix together.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature so that you don’t have lumps in your creamy dessert.
STEP FIVE: Using a spatula, gently fold the heavy whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
STEP SIX: Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing gently until fully combined.
STEP SEVEN: Mix in the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs.
STEP EIGHT: Spread the mixture evenly over the cookie crust.
STEP NINE: Crush the rest of the cookies and sprinkle them on top of the filling. These Oreos should be crushed up into medium-sized chunks.
STEP TEN: Cover the pan with foil and place it in the freezer until solid. Freeze for at least 3 to 4 hours, preferably overnight. Remove the pan from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. This will give the dessert time to soften slightly so that it’s easier to cut.
If you’re having trouble cutting your dessert, try dipping your knife in hot water first.
HOW TO SERVE
Whip up this tasty dessert for all those Oreo cookie fans in your life. It would be a fun alternative to a birthday cake. Add a lovely cool iced tea in the summer or a whipped hot chocolate if the weather is not quite so warm.
IN THE FREEZER: This perfect dessert tastes best frozen — it’s like eating an Oreo ice cream sandwich! And because the middle layer is heavy whipping cream, freezing it keeps it in place. This recipe should be frozen so that it stays fluffy, yummy and perfectly crunchy.
This easy no-bake dessert is light and creamy, the best way to cool off on a hot afternoon. Whether you’re craving Oreos or just need a sweet treat, you’ll love this no-bake recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This simple recipe is best made ahead of time since it needs time in the freezer to chill. Just take it out about 15 minutes before serving so that it is easier to cut.
If you’d like to stick to chocolate, other chocolate sandwich cookies would work well. If you want to try out other flavors of Oreos, those would be a fun way to change up the flavor of this yummy dessert.
This dessert is best stored in the freezer so that all the yummy, creamy filling stays nice and chilled.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Easy Frozen Oreo Dessert
- 14.3 ounces Oreo cookies crushed and divided
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Remove 12 Oreos from the package.
- Crush the remaining Oreos either by placing in a Ziploc bag and using a rolling pin or placing in a food processor.
- Mix half of the crushed Oreo crumbs with the melted butter. Press into a 9×9 pan to form the crust. Place into the refrigerator while preparing the filling. Set the rest of the Oreo crumbs aside.
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another large bowl cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the vanilla and mix again.
- Next add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture folding gently with a spatula.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and continue mixing gently until fully combined.
- Mix in the remaining Oreo crumbs.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your cookie base.
- Crush the remaining 12 Oreos and sprinkle them on top of the filling.
- Cover with foil. Return to the freezer and chill until solid (3 to 4 hours, overnight is best).
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.