Last updated on
Table of Contents
Whether you’re planning a kids’ party or just have a sugar craving to satisfy, you simply can’t beat birthday cake-flavored ice cream. This homemade birthday cake ice cream has the cool and creamy texture of ice cream, the familiar taste of birthday cake batter and lots of rainbow sprinkles for that irresistible crunch.
Whilst making traditional ice cream requires an ice cream maker, this no-churn recipe can be whipped up in a flash with just your stand mixer (or hand mixer) and a few simple ingredients. You’ll find a selection of no-churn ice cream recipes on this site, including the very popular No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream, our classic No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream and the colorful No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream.
NO-CHURN BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
You will need:
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tub of blue frosting
- ¼ cup of birthday sprinkles
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: For a dairy-free alternative, you could use coconut milk for your ice cream.
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: Vegans should also switch the dairy whipping cream for coconut cream.
SPRINKLES: Sugar strands, hundreds and thousands, jimmies – whatever you call them, sprinkles add so much fun. Use the regular multi-colored ones, or mix it up with sprinkles of different shapes and sizes.
BIRTHDAY CAKE FLAVORING: A dash of this optional magic ingredient will make your ice cream taste exactly like birthday cake.
HOW TO MAKE THIS NO-CHURN BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE
STEP ONE: Use an electric mixer to whisk the the whipping cream until very stiff peaks form. You should start on a low setting and increase to medium.
PRO TIP: Chill your condensed milk, heavy whipping cream and loaf tin in the fridge before you start – it will make everything freeze more easily.
STEP TWO: In a medium-sized bowl combine the condensed milk and sugar. Once well mixed, pour condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream whilst whipping continuously.
STEP THREE: Pour ice cream mixture into a loaf pan and smooth out.
PRO TIP: Lining the loaf pan with parchment paper prior to filling will make clean up much easier.
STEP FOUR: Dollop a few scoops of frosting and some sprinkles on top of the ice cream mixture and use a knife to swirl it in. Repeat with more frosting and sprinkles until you’re pleased with the look. Add extra sprinkles on top.
STEP FIVE: Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for six hours or until set.
HOW TO SERVE
This creamy ice cream will be fantastic for hot summer days, especially on the side of a yummy birthday cake. How about our chocolate brownie cake or our vanilla cupcakes. Use this as an ice cream base for an amazing sundae too. Scoop it into one of our chocolate chip cookie cups and add your favorite toppings including chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, fresh fruit, whipped cream and of course, a maraschino cherry.
IN THE FRIDGE: The fridge isn’t cold enough to store ice cream, you’ll need to freeze it. Don’t use the freezer section of your refrigerator as it won’t be as cold as a separate freezer.
IN THE FREEZER: Homemade ice cream can’t be stored for as long as the store-bought variety. You can store your frozen homemade ice cream for up to a month in a tightly sealed container in the freezer.
This fun and tasty homemade ice cream is so easy to make and the kids will love to help. We believe it’s the best birthday cake ice cream you’ll taste – even better than Ben & Jerry’s or Blue Bell birthday cake ice cream! Try it and let us know if you agree.
Typically, when making ice cream from scratch, you will need to use an ice cream maker and that usually entails the step of “churning” the ice cream. A no churn recipe means no ice cream machine and as you could guess, no churning. It saves many steps and makes it super easy to make homemade ice cream that is just as tasty as regular ice cream but doesn’t need fancy equipment.
This is a great idea and although we haven’t tried it yet, I can’t see why you couldn’t use this creamy ice cream as part of an easy ice cream cake.
You can use any type of milk in this recipe but a lower fat milk such as skim milk will result in a less creamy ice cream than if you make it with whole milk or cream.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- No-Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream
- No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- No-Churn Brownie Ice Cream
NO-CHURN BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub blue frosting
- 1/4 cup birthday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, pour in the whipping cream and whip until very stiff peaks form.
- Using a medium sized bowl, combine the condensed milk and sugar and blend.
- Slowly pour the condensed milk mixture into whipped cream while whipping continually.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a loaf pan; smooth out.
- Scoop out 3 tablespoons of frosting and place them randomly on top of the ice cream mixture.
- Using a knife, drag frosting through the ice cream mix, making a swirl pattern.
- Using a clean knife, scoop out additional frosting and smooth it on top of the ice cream.
- Continue until you’re pleased with how it looks. You can also swirl in sprinkles with the frosting as well.
- Embellish with sprinkles and freeze for 3+ hours.