September 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream For The Win!
- Ingredients To Make Birthday Cake Flavored Ice Cream
- Substitutions And Additions
- How To Make This Birthday Cake Flavored Ice Cream Recipe
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Serving Suggestions
- Storing This Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Recipes You’ll Love
- JUMP TO RECIPE
You simply can’t beat this no-churn birthday cake ice cream, whether you’re planning a kids’ party or just have a sugar craving. This homemade ice cream has the cool and creamy texture of ice cream, the familiar taste of birthday cake, and lots of rainbow sprinkles for that irresistible crunch.
No-Churn Birthday Cake Ice Cream For The Win!
This delicious birthday cake ice cream is a creamy and simple ice cream that is made from cream, condensed milk, and blue frosting – just like a cupcake! Add colorful rainbow sprinkles, and you have a frozen treat that is as colorful and sweet as a piece of cake.
Ingredients To Make Birthday Cake Flavored Ice Cream
Nothing quite compares to the taste of birthday cake ice cream. Its rich and creamy texture is enhanced by the flavorful burst of cake batter and colorful sprinkles.
With each spoonful, you can taste the essence of a sweet, sugary celebration in your mouth. The smooth consistency of the ice cream effortlessly melts in your mouth, leaving behind a hint of vanilla and savory frosting.
- 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tub of blue frosting
- ¼ cup of birthday sprinkles
Substitutions And Additions
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: For a dairy-free alternative, you could use coconut milk for your ice cream.
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: Vegans should also switch the dairy whipping cream to coconut cream.
SPRINKLES: Sugar strands, hundreds and thousands, jimmies – whatever you call them, sprinkles add so much fun. Use the regular multi-colored ones, or mix it up with sprinkles of different shapes and sizes.
BIRTHDAY CAKE FLAVORING: A dash of this optional magic ingredient will make your ice cream taste exactly like a birthday cake flavor.
How To Make This Birthday Cake Flavored Ice Cream Recipe
There is no need for an ice cream machine to make this creamy birthday treat. Let’s dive in.
STEP ONE: Use an electric mixer to whisk the heavy cream until very stiff peaks form. You should start on a low setting and increase to medium.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Chill your condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and loaf tin in the fridge before you start – it will make everything freeze easier.
STEP TWO: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the condensed milk and sugar.
STEP THREE: Once well mixed, pour the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream while whipping continuously.
STEP FOUR: Pour the ice cream mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper and smooth it out.
Lining the loaf pan with parchment paper prior to filling will make cleaning up much easier.
STEP FIVE: Dollop a few scoops of frosting and some sprinkles on top of the ice cream mixture.
STEP SIX: Use a knife to swirl the ice cream mixture in. Repeat with more frosting and sprinkles until you’re pleased with the look.
STEP SEVEN: Add extra sprinkles on top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for three hours or until set.
Higher fat content ice cream melts quicker than the lower fat ice creams, so have those cups or cones ready.
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Serving Suggestions
This creamy ice cream will be fantastic for hot summer days, especially on the side of a yummy birthday cake.
MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES
Storing This Homemade Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe
Let’s check out how to keep your birthday cake ice cream so that it stays frozen and ready to enjoy anytime you’d like a scoop.
IN THE FRIDGE: The fridge isn’t cold enough to store ice cream, you’ll need to freeze it. Don’t use the freezer section of your refrigerator, as it won’t be as cold as a separate freezer.
IN THE FREEZER: Homemade ice cream can’t be stored for as long as the store-bought variety. You can store your frozen homemade ice cream for up to a month in a tightly sealed container in the freezer.
This fun and tasty homemade ice cream is so easy to make, and the kids will love to help. We believe it’s the best birthday cake ice cream you’ll ever taste – even better than Ben & Jerry’s or Blue Bell birthday cake ice cream! Try it and let us know if you agree.
Frequently Asked Questions
Typically, when making ice cream from scratch, you will need to use an ice cream maker, and that usually entails the step of “churning” the ice cream. A no-churn recipe means no ice cream machine and, as you could guess, no churning. It saves many steps and makes it super easy to make homemade ice cream that is just as tasty as regular ice cream but doesn’t need fancy equipment.
This is a great idea, and although we haven’t tried it yet, I can’t see why you couldn’t use this creamy ice cream as part of an easy ice cream cake.
You can use any type of milk in this recipe, but lower-fat milk, such as skim milk, will result in less creamy ice cream than if you make it with whole milk or cream.
Birthday cake ice cream is made with real cream, condensed milk, cake frosting, and plenty of rainbow sprinkles.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Flavor
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub blue frosting
- ¼ cup birthday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, pour in the whipping cream and whip until very stiff peaks form.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, combine the condensed milk and sugar and blend.
- Slowly pour the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream while whipping continually.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper and smooth it out.
- Scoop out 3 tablespoons of frosting and place them randomly on top of the ice cream mixture.
- Using a knife, drag frosting through the ice cream mix, making a swirl pattern.
- Using a clean knife, scoop out additional frosting and smooth it on top of the ice cream.
- Continue until you’re pleased with how it looks. You can also swirl in sprinkles with the frosting as well.
- Top with sprinkles and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Chill your condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and loaf tin in the fridge before you start – it will make everything freeze more easily.
- Lining the loaf pan with parchment paper prior to filling will make cleaning up much easier.
- Higher fat content ice cream melts quicker than the lower fat ice creams, so have those cups or cones ready.