Whether you’re planning a kids’ party or just have a sugar craving to satisfy, you simply can’t beat birthday cake flavored ice cream. This homemade birthday cake ice cream has the cool and creamy texture of ice cream, the familiar taste of birthday cake batter and lashings of sprinkles for that irresistible crunch.
Whilst making ice cream traditionally requires an ice cream maker, this no-churn recipe can be whipped up in a flash with just your stand mixer (or hand mixer). You’ll find a selection of no-churn ice cream recipes on this site, including the very popular No-Churn Cookie Dough Ice Cream and the colorful No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM
- A 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tub of blue frosting
- ¼ cup of birthday sprinkles
INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS & ADDITIONS
SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK: For a dairy-free alternative, you could use coconut milk for your ice cream.
HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: Vegans should also switch the dairy whipping creamfor coconut cream.
SPRINKLES: Sugar strands, hundreds and thousands, jimmies – whatever you call them, sprinkles add so much fun. Use the regular multi-colored ones, or mix it up with sprinkles of different shapes and sizes.
BIRTHDAY CAKE FLAVORING: A dash of this optional magic ingredient will make your ice cream taste exactly like birthday cake.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM RECIPE
STEP ONE: Use an electric mixer to whisk the the whipping cream until very stiff peaks form. You should start on a low setting and increase to medium. (Chill your condensed milk, heavy whipping cream and loaf tin in the fridge before you start – it will make everything freeze more easily.)
STEP TWO: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the condensed milk and sugar. Once well mixed, pour into the whipped cream whilst whipping continuously.
STEP THREE: Pour the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan and smooth out.
STEP FOUR: Dollop a few scoops of frosting and some sprinkles on to the ice cream and use a knife to swirl it in. Repeat with more frosting and sprinkles until you’re pleased with the look. Add extra sprinkles on top.
STEP FIVE: Cover and freeze for six hours or until set.
IN THE FRIDGE: The fridge isn’t cold enough to store ice cream, you’ll need to freeze it. Don’t use the freezer section of your refrigerator as it won’t be as cold as a separate freezer.
IN THE FREEZER: Homemade ice cream can’t be stored for as long as the store-bought variety. You can store your frozen homemade ice cream for up to a month in a tightly-sealed container in the freezer.
This fun and tasty homemade ice cream is so easy to make and the kids will love to help. We believe it’s the best birthday cake ice cream you’ll taste – even better than Ben & Jerry’s or Blue Bell birthday cake ice cream! Try it and let us know if you agree.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- No-Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- No-Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream
- No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- No-Churn Brownie Ice Cream
NO-CHURN BIRTHDAY CAKE ICE CREAM
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub blue frosting
- 1/4 cup birthday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, pour in the whipping cream and whip until very stiff peaks form.
- Using a medium sized bowl, combine the condensed milk and sugar and blend.
- Slowly pour the condensed milk mixture into whipped cream while whipping continually.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a loaf pan; smooth out.
- Scoop out 3 tablespoons of frosting and place them randomly on top of the ice cream mixture.
- Using a knife, drag frosting through the ice cream mix, making a swirl pattern.
- Using a clean knife, scoop out additional frosting and smooth it on top of the ice cream.
- Continue until you’re pleased with how it looks. You can also swirl in sprinkles with the frosting as well.
- Embellish with sprinkles and freeze for 3+ hours.
- Chill your condensed milk, heavy whipping cream and loaf tin in the fridge before you start – it will make everything freeze more easily.
- Coconut milk and coconut cream are two different ingredients. If you’re making the vegan version of this recipe, you’ll need both.
- When serving, warm your ice cream scoop with hot water, it’ll make scooping so much easier!
- We used blue frosting but you could match it to the color of your party decorations or even make rainbow ice cream.