September 22, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Our creamy mint chocolate chip milkshake is the perfect embodiment of the classic flavor combo. With rich, chocolatey goodness and refreshing mint flavor, it’s a tasty dessert treat in a glass.
Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake Ingredients
Have you ever tried a mint chocolate chip milkshake? If not, you’re missing out on a truly indulgent treat.
The creamy and smooth texture of the milkshake perfectly combines with the refreshing taste of mint and the rich flavor of chocolate chips.
- 4 cups of mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1½ cups of half & half cream
- Canned of whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons of chopped Andes mint chocolates
For the thickest milkshake, you should choose full-fat ingredients for this recipe.
Substitutions And Additions
ICE CREAM: You can substitute vanilla ice cream and mint extract if you are not able to find mint chocolate chip ice cream at your local store.
If you’d like the green color, add a few drops of green food coloring to your blender.
MALT POWDER: You can add one to two tablespoons of malt powder for a refreshing mint chocolate malt.
CREAM: You can substitute whole milk, coconut milk, or even heavy cream for half and half cream in this easy milkshake recipe.
TOPPING: Add a little bit of chocolate drizzle on top of the milkshake for even more decadence.
How To Make This Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake Recipe
All you need to make this milkshake is to add the ice cream and milk to your blender and give it a whirl. Top with your favorite toppings, and you’re ready to sip.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This recipe makes three milkshakes; you can easily adjust the recipe to make fewer or more.
STEP ONE: Add the mint chocolate chip ice cream to a blender.
STEP TWO: Pour the half and half cream over the ice cream.
STEP THREE: Using the high-speed setting. Your blender may have a setting for milkshakes or smoothies.
Blend the ice cream and half and half until smooth and completely incorporated.
STEP FOUR: Pour the milkshakes into the 16-ounce glasses. Top with the canned whipped topping and the chopped mint chocolates.
Add a colorful straw and a long-handled spoon when serving this delicious treat. Sip what you can, and then scoop up the extra minty chocolate goodness with your spoon.
How To Serve
This minty milkshake is a heavenly treat to enjoy any time of the year, along with our classic peanut butter cookies. You could also serve this sweet treat for St. Patrick’s Day along with our lucky green cupcakes.
IN THE FRIDGE: This recipe won’t keep in the fridge as the ice cream will melt, and you won’t have the creamy consistency that makes this drink amazing.
IN THE FREEZER: Milkshakes, once blended, are meant to be enjoyed immediately. You can place the blended mint chocolate milkshake back in the freezer, but it will lose some of the taste and appeal.
Why We Love This Recipe
REFRESHING MINT FLAVOR: Mint chocolate chip milkshakes are known for their refreshing minty taste, making them a perfect choice for cooling down on a hot day or satisfying your sweet tooth.
CREAMY TEXTURE: This recipe typically includes creamy vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, which creates a lusciously smooth and thick texture that’s both indulgent and satisfying.
RICH CHOCOLATE CHIPS: The addition of chocolate chips or chunks provides delightful bursts of chocolate flavor and a satisfying crunch with each sip.
Dotted with sweet chocolate chips and laced with a refreshing kick, this mint chocolate chip milkshake is easy to make, only needing two ingredients, and will quickly become one of your favorite treats to cool you down this summer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Leftover milkshakes won’t keep well, but if you do have any leftovers, you could pour it into an ice pop mold for yummy popsicles.
Using full-fat ingredients instead of low-fat ingredients will thicken this mint chocolate ice cream milkshake.
You sure can! If you prefer a non-dairy version, just replace the dairy ingredients with non-dairy substitutes.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Whipped Lemonade
- Coconut Milk Latte
- Homemade Hot Chocolate
- Kool-Aid Slurpee
- Coffee Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
- Mexican Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Wendy’s Frosty
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Banana Ice Cream
- Jolly Rancher Drink
- Ice Cream Dessert
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream
- Kool Aid Ice Cream Recipe
- Cheese Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake
- Banana Milkshake
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Copycat Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake
- Chic Fil A Lemonade (Frosted)
- Homemade Coffee Creamer with Torani Syrup
Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- 4 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1½ cups half & half cream
- Canned whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons Andes mint chocolates, chopped
- Add the mint chocolate chip ice cream to a blender.
- Pour the half and half over the ice cream.
- Using the high speed setting (your blender may have a setting for milkshakes or smoothies), blend the ice cream and half and half until smooth and completely incorporated.
- Pour into the 16-ounce glasses. Top with the canned whipped topping and the chopped mint chocolates.
- For the thickest milkshake, you should choose full-fat ingredients for this recipe.
- This recipe makes three milkshakes; you can easily adjust the recipe to make fewer or more.
- Add a colorful straw and a long-handled spoon when serving this delicious treat. Sip what you can, and then scoop up the extra minty chocolate goodness with your spoon.