May 26, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
Summer is just around the corner, and this refreshingly fruity strawberry mojito is perfect for keeping cool! With its sweet and tangy flavor, this fun twist on a classic mojito recipe will awaken your taste buds while quenching your thirst.
Strawberry Mojito Ingredients
A fresh strawberry mojito cocktail is a truly delightful mix of sweet, tart, and refreshing flavors.
The base of the drink comes from a combination of fresh strawberries, lime juice, bubbly club soda, and white rum, which creates a subtle sweetness that will tantalize your taste buds.
The addition of fragrant mint provides a delightful coolness that enhances the sweetness of the strawberry and brings this perfect cocktail to life.
To make this delicious cocktail, you’ll need:
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- 3 medium-large strawberries
- 1 ounce of simple syrup
- 2 ounces of lime juice
- 1½ ounces of Bacardi rum or white rum
- 1 cup of ice cubes (or enough to fill the glass)
- 2 to 3 ounces of club soda/sparkling water
- Garnish strawberry slices, lime slices, and a sprig of mint
The color of this strawberry mint cocktail will be determined by the redness (ripeness) of the strawberries and how much you muddle them. All of your strawberry flavor comes from the muddling, so use flavorful fruit and muddle well.
Substitutions And Additions
RUM: Traditional mojitos use white rum, but you could try experimenting with different types of rum, such as spiced rum or coconut-flavored rum.
LIME JUICE: Use fresh lime juice for your drink. It makes all the difference for a perfect balance of flavors.
NON-ALCOHOLIC: You could easily make this refreshing cocktail a virgin mojito by leaving out the rum from this recipe.
SIMPLE SYRUP: I like to keep a bottle of simple syrup stocked in my pantry. You can find this at the liquor store or grocery store. It is great to keep on hand for all types of cocktails. You can make your own by combining equal parts (½ cup each) of granulated sugar and water. You will heat it in a small saucepan on medium heat just until the sugar dissolves. You do not want to boil the simple syrup. Allow it to cool, then store it in the refrigerator in a lidded jar for up to two weeks.
How To Make This Strawberry Mojito Recipe
It only takes a few easy steps to make this strawberry mojito cocktail. Our directions below will walk you through the steps to make the best mojito you’ve ever had.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
Make sure to rinse the fruit and mint leaves before adding them to the glass.
STEP ONE: Place two or three mint sprigs and 3 sliced strawberries in an empty Collins glass.
STEP TWO: Add the simple syrup and lime juice.
STEP THREE: Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a muddler to smash the mint and strawberries together and “muddle” the flavors.
A cocktail muddler is a bar tool with a long handle and a wide, flat bottom to smash ingredients together.
STEP FOUR: Add the rum and then ice cubes to fill the glass.
STEP FIVE: Top with club soda to fill the glass.
STEP SIX: Garnish your rum cocktail with whole or sliced strawberries, lime wedges, and/or a mint sprig.
How To Serve
The refreshing strawberry mojito makes a great accompaniment to a variety of dishes, especially on a hot summer day.
The sweetness of the strawberry and the zest of the lime and mint blend perfectly with savory or spicy foods. Try pairing it with tacos, nachos, grilled chicken or fish, quesadillas, or even pizza for a truly unique flavor experience.
If you enjoy this strawberry spin on a classic cocktail, you’ll also like this strawberry lemonade cocktail. Our watermelon cocktail is also a refreshing drink to enjoy when the weather is warm.
MORE DRINK RECIPES
IN THE FRIDGE: This perfect summer cocktail is best served immediately and will not keep in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this easy strawberry mojito recipe. It is best made fresh.
The sweet flavor of this strawberry mojito creates a refreshing and unique cocktail that pairs well with savory or spicy foods. It’s the perfect combination of sweet strawberries and tangy lime, making it an excellent accompaniment to any meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can certainly make virgin strawberry mojito mocktails by leaving out the rum in this recipe.
Muddling is a technique used in drinks to gently mash herbs or fruit to release their juices. This helps the flavors to bind with the alcohol better than simply using them whole.
Generally, mojitos are served in a tall glass that looks like a long Collins glass or highball glass. Ultimately though, any cute glass, tall or short, will work for this yummy drink.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Alcoholic Frozen Lemonade
- Jack Frost Cocktail
- Pineapple Cooler
- Pineapple Spears in Malibu Rum
- Boozy Dole Whip
- Sweet Peach Iced Tea
- 2 to 3 mint leaves
- 3 medium-large strawberries
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1½ ounces Bacardi rum or white rum
- 1 cup ice cubes, or enough to fill the glass
- 2 to 3 ounces club soda/sparkling water
- Place two or three mint sprigs and 3 sliced strawberries in an empty Collins glass.
- Add the simple syrup and lime juice.
- Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a muddler to smash the mint and strawberries together and “muddle” the flavors.
- Add the rum and then ice cubes to fill the glass.
- Top with club soda to fill the glass.
- Garnish with whole or sliced strawberries, lime slices, and/or a sprig of mint.
- The color of this strawberry mint cocktail will be determined by the redness (ripeness) of the strawberries and how much you muddle them. All of your strawberry flavor comes from the muddling, so use flavorful fruit and muddle well.
- Make sure to rinse the fruit and mint leaves before adding them to the glass.
- A cocktail muddler is a bar tool with a long handle and a wide, flat bottom to smash ingredients together.
Leave a Comment