October 25, 2023Review Recipe
Table of Contents
You’ll love this boozy Dole Whip, especially if you are a fan of Disney Dole Whip ice cream. Your taste buds will thank you when you take a sip of this creamy and delightfully refreshing pineapple and rum-infused cocktail.
Boozy Dole Whip Ingredients
If you haven’t tasted boozy Dole Whip yet, it’s a combination of a smooth texture and a tropical flavor that is both refreshing and satisfying.
The addition of alcohol to this already delightful dessert elevates its taste, making it a perfect drink to cool off on a hot summer day.
- 2 large scoops of French vanilla ice cream
- 1 (16-ounce) bag of frozen pineapple chunks
- 6 ounces of pineapple juice
- 4½ ounces of spiced rum (I used the Captain Morgan brand)
- Garnish – extra creamy spray whipped topping, pineapple wedge, and maraschino cherry with the stem
I like to get the little mini (6-ounce) cans of pineapple juice to keep on hand in my pantry. These are great for this recipe since 6 ounces is what you need, and they come in a 4 or 6-pack.
This way, I do not need to open a large bottle of pineapple juice if I am only using it to make a couple of cocktails.
Substitutions And Additions
ICE CREAM: Any brand of vanilla ice cream will work in this homemade Dole Whip recipe; however, I recommend that you use a good quality brand. I find that the dairy alternative varieties don’t give this boozy Dole Whip the thick, rich consistency that the full-fat, good-quality vanilla ice creams offer.
PINEAPPLE CHUNKS: A 16-ounce bag of frozen pineapple chunks is equal to approximately 2½ cups. If you buy your frozen pineapple chunks in bulk at the grocery store, you can use a dry measuring cup and measure out about 2½ cups for this recipe.
RUM: I used dark spiced rum for this recipe, but a clear spiced rum will work just as well. You could also use coconut rum for more of a tropical twist on the classic boozy Dole Whip. You could even do a combination of both spiced and coconut rum if you desire.
How To Make This Boozy Dole Whip Recipe
All you need is a blender and a handful of ingredients to whip up this creamy, grown-up frozen treat. Here’s how to make it.
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
If you only plan on serving one at a time, then you can easily cut this delicious Dole Whip cocktail recipe in half for a single serving.
STEP ONE: In the pitcher of a high-powered blender, add the French vanilla ice cream, pineapple juice, frozen pineapple chunks, and spiced rum.
STEP TWO: Blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth and pourable with no chunks of pineapple remaining.
STEP THREE: Pour into 2 cocktail glasses (I used ones that were 17.5-ounce capacity) and garnish your boozy pineapple Dole Whips with a squirt of the whipped topping, a wedge of fresh pineapple, and a maraschino cherry.
You can never go wrong with a paper umbrella in your drink to fancy it up.
How To Serve This Boozy Pineapple Dole Whip
This pineapple cocktail is sure to cool you down on a hot day.
Storing This Dole Whip Alcohol Drink
IN THE FRIDGE: These boozy Dole Whip cocktails should be enjoyed immediately, and we don’t recommend storing them in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: This boozy drink will not keep in the freezer. We recommend making it fresh.
Put a boozy twist on the classic soft-serve treat with this tasty adult beverage. This boozy Dole Whip will cool you down on hot summer days while transporting you back to the adventure of the Magic Kingdom.
Frequently Asked Questions
This boozy version will be delicious with spiced, white, or even coconut rum.
You can use either fresh, canned, or frozen pineapple in this easy recipe. We would recommend freezing the fresh or canned pineapple ahead of time for the right consistency.
This treat is best enjoyed right when it is made. We don’t recommend storing any extras.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Jack Frost Cocktail
- Red Wine Slushie
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- Texas Tea
- Mango Mojito
- Pineapple Spears in Malibu Rum
- Dole Whip Jello Shots
- Pineapple Cooler
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream
- Dirty Snowmen
- Mudslide Drink
- Prickly Pear Margarita Recipe
- Hawaiian Pineapple Cookies
- Dole Popsicles
- Air Fryer Pineapple
- Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- Creamsicle Drink
- Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake
- Malibu Bay Breeze
- Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Boozy Dole Whip
- 2 large scoops French vanilla ice cream
- 16 ounces frozen pineapple chunks
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 4½ ounces spiced rum, I used the Captain Morgan brand
- extra creamy spray whipped topping, pineapple wedge, and maraschino cherry with the stem (optional garnish)
- In the pitcher of a high-powered blender, add the French vanilla ice cream, frozen pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, and spiced rum.
- Blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth and pourable with no chunks of pineapple remaining.
- Pour into 2 cocktail glasses (I used ones that were 17.5-ounce capacity) and garnish each boozy Dole Whip with a squirt of the whipped topping, a wedge of fresh pineapple, and a maraschino cherry.
- I like to get the little mini (6-ounce) cans of pineapple juice to keep on hand in my pantry. These are great for this recipe since 6 ounces is what you need for this recipe, and they come in a 4 or 6 pack. This way, I do not need to open a large bottle of pineapple juice if I am only using it to make a couple of cocktails.
- If you only plan on serving one at a time, then you can easily cut this delicious Dole Whip cocktail recipe in half for a single serving.
- You can never go wrong with a paper umbrella in your drink to fancy it up.