February 1, 2024Review Recipe
Table of Contents
There’s something about an orange creamsicle that just screams summertime, and a nostalgic orange creamsicle drink is the perfect way to enjoy that delicious flavor all year long. This mouth-watering cocktail is the perfect blend of sweet and citrusy, with a creamy vanilla finish.
Orange Creamsicle Cocktail Ingredients
Our orange creamsicle cocktail tastes like sweet, indulgent bliss!
The tones of orange and cream blend together in a sweet, frothy texture that will leave you wanting more.
It’s like taking a bite out of a juicy orange and a creamy scoop of ice cream at the same time.
To make this delightful drink, you’ll need:
- 1 cup of SunnyD orange-flavored drink
- 8 ounces (½ of a pint container or two generous scoops) of orange sherbet
- 3 ounces of whipped cream-flavored vodka
- ½ ounce of orange curacao liqueur
- 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
For The Garnish:
- Extra creamy squirt of whipped topping
- Orange sanding sugar sprinkles
I like to buy single-serve bottles of SunnyD orange drinks. This way, I can use them to make this delicious creamsicle cocktail, or I can send the single-serve bottles of SunnyD with my kids for their school lunches.
Substitutions And Additions
JUICE: You can substitute traditional orange juice; however, you will need to make sure that you get the pulp-free variety.
You can also use an orange-flavored soda as an alternate option.
ICE CREAM: If you do not want to buy separate vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet for this delicious drink, substitute an orange cream ice cream for the vanilla and orange sherbet.
VODKA: If you can find whipped cream-flavored vodka, you can substitute plain vanilla vodka in this great recipe.
The whipped cream vodka is slightly sweeter than a standard vanilla vodka, so I highly recommend giving it a try if you can find it in your area.
Smirnoff and Pinnacle brands make a great version of whipped cream vodka.
How To Make This Orange Creamsicle Cocktail Recipe
Making this creamy drink is as simple as blending all of the ingredients except for the ice cream in a blender until smooth.
Add a scoop of ice cream to the glass before pouring in the delicious drink. Make sure you serve and enjoy your drink right away before the ice cream melts too much!
OUR RECIPE DEVELOPER SAYS
This recipe can easily be doubled or cut in half to fit your serving needs.
STEP ONE: In the container of a blender, add the SunnyD orange drink, orange sherbet, whipped cream vodka, and orange curacao liqueur.
If you use either of the substitutions for the SunnyD, I suggest you increase the amount of orange curacao liqueur to 1 ounce.
STEP TWO: Blend for 30 seconds or until frothy and smooth.
STEP THREE: Add a large scoop of vanilla ice cream to the bottom of each glass.
You will get between 1 to 1½ cups of liquid to pour over the top of your vanilla ice cream in the glasses.
You will need a stemless wine glass that holds at least 2 cups in volume to allow for the garnish of squirt whipped topping.
STEP FOUR: Pour the orange creamsicle drink evenly between the two glasses.
STEP FIVE: Garnish with a generous squirt of whipped topping and a sprinkle of orange sugar sprinkles.
Add a fun straw to your creamsicle float cocktail for a little bit of added decoration.
How To Serve This Creamsicle Delight Cocktail
To make it a truly decadent experience, pair this concoction with a charcuterie board filled with an array of meats, artisan cheeses, and olives.
The salty elements of the meats and cheeses will be balanced by the sweetness of the orange creamsicle cocktail, leaving you feeling satisfied and ready for the next course.
IN THE FRIDGE/FREEZER: This delicious orange creamsicle cocktail is best served immediately and will not keep in the fridge or freezer for any length of time.
Why We Love This Recipe
CLASSIC FLAVOR FUSION: Creamsicles are a beloved classic, and this drink captures their iconic flavor perfectly. The creamy vanilla and bright, zesty orange create a nostalgic taste that’s hard to resist.
REFRESHING AND COOLING: This drink is incredibly refreshing. The chilled blend of ingredients makes it a fantastic choice for quenching your thirst.
EASY TO MAKE: With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is a breeze to whip up.
With the same creamy orange flavors as the classic popsicle but with an adult spin, this orange creamsicle drink is a delicious choice year-round. Creamy and sweet, all you need to do is add the ingredients to a blender, and you’ll be sipping before you know it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any brand you would enjoy sipping on its own would be the perfect choice for this sweet cocktail recipe.
For this bright orange cocktail, we highly recommend trying to find either whipped cream or vanilla vodka for the added sweetness. Regular vodka will work in a pinch if necessary for your orange creamsicle frozen cocktail.
This orange creamsicle cocktail drink will not keep in the fridge for any length of time. The ice cream will melt, and you will not have the same creamy texture that you want.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Root Beer Float
- Homemade Coffee Creamer with Torani Syrup
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- Boozy Popsicles
- Creamsicle Jello Shot
- Creamsicle Pie
- 1 cup SunnyD orange-flavored drink
- 8 ounces orange sherbet (½ of a pint container or two generous scoops)
- 3 ounces whipped cream flavored vodka
- ½ ounce orange curacao liqueur
- 2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Extra creamy squirt whipped topping
- Orange sanding sugar sprinkles
- In the container of a blender, add the SunnyD orange drink, orange sherbet, whipped cream flavored vodka, and orange curacao liqueur.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until frothy and smooth.
- Add a large scoop of vanilla ice cream to the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the orange creamsicle cocktail evenly between the two glasses.
- Garnish with a generous squirt of whipped topping and a sprinkle of orange sanding sugar sprinkles.
- I like to buy single-serve bottles of SunnyD orange drinks. This way, I can use them to make this delicious creamsicle cocktail, or I can send the single-serve bottles of SunnyD with my kids for their school lunches.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or cut in half to fit your serving needs.
- If you use either of the substitutions for the SunnyD, I suggest you increase the amount of orange curacao liqueur to 1 ounce.
- You will get between 1 to 1½ cups of liquid to pour over the top of your vanilla ice cream in the glasses. You will need a stemless wine glass that holds at least 2 cups in volume to allow for the garnish of squirt whipped topping.
- Add a fun straw to your creamsicle float cocktail for a little bit of added decoration.
Even More Recipes You’ll Love
- Screwdriver Drink
- Fruit Tingle Cocktail
- Malibu Bay Breeze
- Wine Floats
- Wine Slushies
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- Mimosa Float
- Boozy Creamsicle Float
- Tequila Sunrise Jello Shots
- Red Wine Slushie
- Texas Tea
- Drunk Bunny
- Rainbow Cocktail
- Jolly Rancher Drink
- Bailey’s and Coffee Ice Cubes
- Pineapple Cooler
- Mango Mojito
Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes
- Raspberry Iced Tea
- Rainbow Sherbet Punch
- Chic Fil A Lemonade (Frosted)
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Wendy’s Frosty
Frozen Treat Recipes
Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Pan-Seared Chicken
- Crockpot Crack Chicken
- Crockpot Orange Chicken
- Oven Baked Chicken
- Bourbon Chicken
- Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
- Cream of Mushroom Chicken
- Marry Me Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Oreo Poke Cake
- Salted Caramel Cake
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Orange Cranberry Cake
- Honey Bun Cake
- Lemon Lava Cake
- Butterfinger Cake