January 1, 2024Review Recipe
Table of Contents
- PINK STARBURST COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS
- Pink Starburst Cocktail Recipe Substitutions and Additions
- HOW TO MAKE THIS PINK STARBURST COCKTAIL RECIPE
- How to Serve Pink Starburst Cocktails
- What Kind of Glass to Use When Serving Starburst Cocktails
- When to Serve Pink Starburst Cocktails
- What to Serve with Pink Starburst Cocktails
- Storage Tips for Starburst Cocktails
- MORE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- JUMP TO RECIPE
- More Easy Recipes
This fizzy Pink Starburst Cocktail has an irresistible, fruity taste and pretty pink color that makes it fun to serve at a party. Strawberry-kiwi, orange, and lemon-lime mingle together to provide a base for a burst of candy-infused alcohol.
PINK STARBURST COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this pretty pink cocktail:
- 8 pink Starburst candy, plus more for garnish
- 8 ounces vodka or clear rum
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 8 ounces strawberry-kiwi juice or punch
- 8 to 12 ounces of lemon-lime soda
- Red food coloring, optional
Pink Starburst Cocktail Recipe Substitutions and Additions
Orange Juice: You can skip the orange juice, but it adds a little more flavor to the drink. You can also swap out orange juice with mango or pineapple juice for a tropical twist. These juices pair well with the other ingredients and can create an exciting new flavor combination.
Starburst Candy: You can experiment and use your favorite starburst flavor for this cocktail. The pink Starburst flavor does come through quite well, so if you prefer strawberry flavor over watermelon or vice versa, dissolve your favorite flavor of Starburst in the alcohol.
Alcohol-Free: For a non-alcoholic version, use sparkling water or a flavored soda to mimic the cocktail’s fizziness without the alcohol. This substitution keeps the drink fun and fizzy, perfect for those who prefer mocktails.
Watermelon Schnapps: Try adding other fruit-flavored alcohol to this cocktail. Watermelon schnapps or other fruit-flavored liqueurs like peach or raspberry schnapps. These will give a different but equally delicious fruity twist to your cocktail.
Sweet and Sour Mix: In case sweet and sour mix isn’t available, you can make your own by mixing equal parts lemon juice and simple syrup. This homemade version allows you to control the sweetness and tartness according to your taste.
Lemon Lime Soda: For a slightly different flavor profile, consider substituting ginger ale or club soda for the lemon-lime pop. Ginger ale adds a zesty kick, while club soda makes for a less sweet, more refreshing variant.
Pink Lemonade Concentrate: If you’re out of pink lemonade concentrate, regular lemonade concentrate can be a great substitute. Add a splash of cranberry juice for that pink hue and a tart edge.
Edible Glitter: Add a little sparkly edible glitter to your serving glass for some extra fun.
Sugar: You can use pink sugar or pink sparkles on the rim of the glass before serving.
Vodka: Instead of regular vodka, try different flavors in your liquor cabinet like vanilla vodka, or whipped cream vodka.
Remember, while these substitutions and additions offer flexibility and can introduce new flavors, they may slightly alter the taste and texture of the original recipe. Experiment with these suggestions to find your perfect mix!
HOW TO MAKE THIS PINK STARBURST COCKTAIL RECIPE
STEP ONE: Place eight pink Starburst candies into a jar or container with a lid.
Pour eight ounces of vodka or rum over the Starburst and cover the container with an airtight lid.
Allow the candies to dissolve in the alcohol for about 24 hours.
Stir or swirl occasionally to help combine the mixture.
STEP TWO: When you are ready to make the cocktails, fill the glasses with ice.
You could add frozen orange juice ice cubes in place of the plain ones to ensure the drink doesn’t get too watered down as they melt.
STEP THREE: Add two ounces of candy alcohol to each glass.
STEP FOUR: Pour two ounces of orange juice and two ounces of strawberry-kiwi juice into the glass.
We tried this with other types of pink juice, and the strawberry kiwi was the favorite; it allowed the flavor of the Starburst candy to come through more so than with other juices.
STEP FIVE: Top with lemon-lime soda.
STEP FIVE: For a more vibrant pink color, add just a drop of red food coloring and stir into the drink. This step is optional and completely up to personal preference.
How to Serve Pink Starburst Cocktails
Serve with a side of pink Starburst candies and a striped straw for sipping.
Pro Tip: Add a few starburst candies to a skewer and lay across the top of the glass for a pretty presentation.
What Kind of Glass to Use When Serving Starburst Cocktails
A pink Starburst cocktail is best served in a glass that enhances its visual appeal and complements its sweet, fruity nature.
A martini or coupe glass is typically more suited for formal occasions, while highball, old-fashioned, or hurricane glasses can be great for casual settings.
Here are a few suitable options:
- Chilled Mason Jar: A simple choice that is casual, which is perfect for easy weeknight meals or laid-back weekend happy hour.
- Martini Glass: This classic choice is perfect for showcasing the vibrant pink color and the elegant presentation of the cocktail. Its wide rim also makes it easy to add garnishes like a sugar rim or a lemon twist.
- Coupe Glass: With its broad bowl and stemmed design, a coupe glass offers a vintage, sophisticated look. It’s great for serving cocktails without ice and adds an element of class to your presentation.
- Highball Glass: If you’re planning to serve the cocktail with ice or in a larger volume, a highball glass is a good choice. It’s tall and straight-sided, ideal for drinks that are served with mixers.
- Old Fashioned Glass: Also known as a rocks glass, it’s suitable if the Pink Starburst Cocktail is served on the rocks. Its wide brim allows for an easy sip and a good view of the drink’s color.
- Hurricane Glass: For a more festive and fun presentation, especially in a party setting, a hurricane glass can be a great choice. Its distinctive shape and larger size make it ideal for garnished or iced versions of the cocktail.
Remember, the choice of glass can enhance the drinking experience by highlighting the cocktail’s color, aroma, and overall presentation.
When to Serve Pink Starburst Cocktails
The pink Starburst cocktail, with its vibrant color and sweet, fruity flavor, is the perfect drink for any special occasion.
Summer Parties: Its refreshing taste makes it a great choice for poolside gatherings, barbecues, or beach parties during the warm summer months.
Girls’ Night In or Out: The fun and flirty nature of this cocktail makes it a hit for a bachelorette party, bridal showers, or just a fun evening with friends.
Valentine’s Day: The cocktail’s pink hue fits beautifully with the romantic theme of Valentine’s Day, whether it’s served at a cozy dinner for two or a larger gathering.
Themed Events: Its distinctive color makes it a great fit for pink-themed parties, such as breast cancer awareness events, or as a signature drink in themed celebrations like a ’60s retro party.
Brunch Gatherings: The pink Starburst cocktail can be a delightful addition to a brunch menu, offering a sweet and tangy alternative to traditional mimosa float or Bloody Marys.
Special Celebrations: Birthdays, anniversaries, or any special milestones that call for a celebratory toast can be made more festive with this eye-catching cocktail.
Cocktail Parties: Its unique flavor profile can add diversity to the cocktail options at more formal or casual cocktail parties.
The strawberry Starburst cocktail is versatile and can adapt to both casual and formal settings, making it a great choice for various events where a fun, lighthearted, and tasty drink is desired.
What to Serve with Pink Starburst Cocktails
Here are some suggestions that would pair well with this sweet and fruity drink:
- Finger Foods: Opt for light, bite-sized snacks like fried zucchini, hanky panky appetizers, mini pepper pizzas, bacon wrapped asparagus, and sausage bites. These small yet flavorful options are perfect for nibbling on while enjoying your cocktail.
- Savory Snacks: Salty and savory snacks like mixed nuts, fried cheese balls, soft pretzels, bacon wrapped pineapple, or sweet potato fries can balance the sweetness of the cocktail. They also add a satisfying crunch that complements the drink’s texture.
- Cheese Platter: A selection of cheeses, such as mini cheese bites, brie, gouda, goat cheese, a cheese ball, and mozzarella sticks along with crackers and some fruit preserves, can create a delightful contrast with the cocktail’s fruity notes.
- Fruit Platter or Fruit Skewers: Fresh fruits like strawberries, pineapples, and grapes not only mirror the cocktail’s fruity flavors but also offer a refreshing and healthy snack option. Try our pineapple salsa as well!
- Desserts: Light desserts such as lemon bars, fruit tarts, or coconut macaroons can be a sweet complement to the cocktail. Their delicate flavors won’t overpower the drink’s taste.
- Seafood Appetizers: Items like shrimp dip, cajun shrimp, smoked salmon canapés, or sushi rolls are excellent for a more upscale pairing. The light and fresh flavors of seafood go well with the fruity and sweet nature of the cocktail.
- Grilled Recipes: Try teriyaki chicken skewers, grilled pineapple, grilled salmon, and grilled potatoes can be a great accompaniment, offering a flavor that contrasts nicely with the sweetness of the drink.
Storage Tips for Starburst Cocktails
IN THE FRIDGE: Candied alcohol will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days. Store in a jar and give it a good stir once you are ready to use it.
We do not recommend freezing this recipe.
This delicious Pink Starburst drink is just like candy in a glass. A refreshing mixed drink that is overflowing with a medley of fruity flavors that will up your at-home bartending game.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Pink Starburst Cocktail
- 8 pink Starburst candy plus more for garnish
- 8 ounces vodka or clear rum
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 8 ounces strawberry-kiwi juice or punch
- 8 to 12 ounces lemon-lime soda
- red food coloring optional
- Place 8 pink Starburst candies into a jar or container with a lid. Pour 8 ounces of vodka/rum over the Starburst and cover the container with an airtight lid. Allow the candies to dissolve in the alcohol for about 24 hours. Stir or swirl occasionally to help combine the mixture.
- When you are ready to make the cocktails, fill the glasses with ice.
- Add 2 ounces of candy alcohol to each glass.
- Pour 2 ounces of orange juice and 2 ounces of strawberry-kiwi juice into the glass. Top with lemon-lime soda.
- For a more vibrant pink color, add just a drop of red food coloring and stir into the drink.
- Serve with a side of pink Starburst candies.
More Easy Recipes
Delicious Cocktails to Try
- Fish Bowl Drink
- Party Punch
- Red Wine Slushie
- Watermelon Cocktail
- Jolly Rancher Drink
- Drunk Bunny
- Malibu Cocktail
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- Wine Slushie
- Fall Sangaria
- Grinch Cocktail
- Fruit Tingle Cocktail
- Bailey’s and Coffee Ice Cubes
Alcohol-Free Drink Recipes
Easy Appetizer Recipes
- BLT Dip
- Party Sub
- Taco Bites
- Fried Onions
- Ranch Roll Ups
- Coconut Shrimp
- Watermelon Salad
- Pigs In A Blanket
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Homemade Crab Rangoon
Slider Recipes You Must Try
- Pizza Sliders
- Roast Beef Sliders
- French Dip Sliders
- White Castle Sliders
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Ham and Swiss Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders